UNIVERSITY OF SURREY Employee Reviews

good uni but lacks diversity
Student (Current Employee) –  Surrey11 February 2019
The university is located in Guildford and it has wonderful views and scenery however I feel like it lacks true cultural and racial diversity which could take away the world class status it claims to have
Studying here was very fulfilling
STUDENT (Former Employee) –  UK17 January 2019
The Univeristy of Surrey's Infrastructure Engineering and Management course was quite innovative and well administered. This course was perfectly tailored for Engineers seeking to advance their career, while still being responsible for technical decisions and matters but at a management level.
University
Various Sales and Product Management roles (Former Employee) –  Surrey8 January 2019
Very good academic University with a diverse culture. Highly recommend the staff and facilities are excellent. Very happy memories at a gorgeous University campus.
Very flexible and yet not fully productive
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Surrey, UK4 December 2018
No proper motivation for employers as hard work is not paid off. Your efforts at work are making a huge change to the out come of the department, but this is not sensitive to individual employers.
Pros
Flex work time
Cons
Insufficient salary
Depends on the team you work with
Research Coordinator / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey5 November 2018
This can be from a horrible to an amazing place to work. Really depends on the team. What is needed is more support to the employees. They need to know that if something is wrong, they can report it.
Pros
Surrey sports park
Excellent study environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford13 October 2018
Love the campus and the people who go here, but hate my course! The university management need to start putting students above making more money by increasing intake by 1000 per year, as this is already starting to have a negative impact on student satisfaction meaning that they are likely to fall further down the rankings if this is not rectified.
Pleasant atmosphere and working conditions
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Surrey3 October 2018
Just a fill-in job to pay the rent. Very enjoyable workplace and colleagues were wonderful. Management were nice people, very flexible and polite, funny, engaging.
The job was manual and hot, dirty, not particularly pleasant.
The ability to simply get on with things without pressure was nice.
Pros
coffee, snacks
Cons
dirty, hot, fast-paced
Very good institute
Vice-President Egyptian Society (Former Employee) –  UK1 September 2018
One of the best Universities in the UK. Its mix of great campus facilities and top level education enriches the students life and allows them to have a great experience
Positive experience
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Guildford18 May 2018
Excellent support from management and administration. Good team of researchers and supportive supervisors.
A lot of bureaucratic procedures to comply with at the beginning, but after the initial period it ceases to be an issue.
Great place
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Guildford15 May 2018
Good communication with managers, great environment. The tasks were straightforward and the management was very helpful. Worked with my fellow students.
Admissions
Admissions and Recruitment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey7 May 2018
Great company to work for. Work life balance are respected and even encouraged. Salary and benefits are fair. Jobs seem secure. Challenges regarding advancement. Managment are kind and understanding but also push you to do your best
Lovely team
Administrator Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey5 February 2018
I enjoyed working at the University of Surrey. Nice team
The learning environment encouraged me to enrol on a Open University course which I enjoyed very much
Cons
the job was made reduntant
Language assistant and translator
Language assiastant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey2 November 2017
When I was working there I used to translate English texts to Spanish and from Spanish to English too, I also proofread Spanish and Catalan texts. In this case texts were generally specialized.
fun
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey21 September 2017
Easy work as it's in my daily environment, therefore i know all the staff and the my co-workers. The hours are flexible and i am called in whenever i am needed, therefore i am normally able to make all sessions.
Pros
familiar environment, good pay, friendly co workers
Cons
unprofessional supervison at times
It is fun and the senior are helpful
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Surrey27 August 2017
It was nice and I really enjoy it.
The seniors are kind and helpful, especially when it comes to something that I never done before.
I previously do not have any work experience, so with their help... I studied a lot.
Amazing Experience at this University
Student (Former Employee) –  Surrey31 July 2017
University of Surrey has given me the required skills to go forward in life and achieve the ambitious targets I have set for myself. In addition I have formed life long relationships here and can not speak highly enough of it
Lovely working in environment with great benefits
Housing Advice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey25 July 2017
The university offers a diverse environment with great training and holiday benefits.

Working with various departments throughout the university there is opportunity for movement throughout different faculties.
Productive and fun and challenging workplace
Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey28 June 2017
challenging, vibrant, inclusive supportive workplace culture
great at developing people. The hardest part of my job is that it is 24/7 and not much funding.
the most enjoyable is that it is international
Pros
flexible working, great annual leave
Cons
too slow to change the cuture when change is needed
Very good place to work
IT Procurement and Admin. Assistant (Former Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey9 May 2017
Very good place to work. Good work/life balance. Healthy environment. My apologies, I don't enjoy writing reviews, especially when I must. However, it is worth saying that it is a very good workplace.
Really enjoyed it
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Surrey24 April 2017
Loved working the open days. It gets me pumped about my course, reminds me why I love it and I get to meet new people. Hopefully I can work more before I leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNIVERSITY OF SURREY. Our community is ready to answer.

UNIVERSITY OF SURREY Reviews by Location