UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE Employee Reviews

Good voluntary experience
Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow29 November 2018
A good friendly environment to work in and a good opportunity for those looking for some voluntary work in the analytical sciences field.I enjoyed working here voluntarily but if paid would have continued within the company seeking promotion.
Graduate Student
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 November 2018
A great place to learn and meet people. A very open environment that helped me learn new skills and develop. A great set of professors and lecturers that covered a lot of topics
It was good, until management changed
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 October 2018
I started an apprenticeship with the university, it was down as a 2 year apprenticeship. I didn’t get my apprenticeship papers until a couple of years later. The apprenticeship procedure was terrible and I was forgotten about for a few years. I went on to being a full time member of staff and they didn’t know. There was little communication from them.

The staff members were welcoming and very friendly, the work load was good. Then management changed. Everyone became stressed and it wasn’t dealt with very well. The manager themselves didn’t treat staff very well either. Sometimes aggressive, other times very passive.

I felt that my time in the university was up and the place was becoming a burden on my mental health. I enjoyed my years there, but by the end I was happy to get out.
Pros
Great working environment, good hours, good work load
Cons
Bad management change, terrible understanding of stress
Research environment
student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow16 September 2018
the department on Naval architecture, ocean and marine engineering is ranked 1st in the UK, and 8th in the world according to ShanghaiUniversity ranking, in the year 2018.
Ricerca multi-integrata
PhD Student (Current Employee) –  Glasgow7 September 2018
Buon ambiente lavorativo. Il mio gruppo di ricerca è molto supportivo e collaborativo. Interagiamo con diversi profili professionali, quali ingegneri biomeccanici e biomedici, terapisti della sanità nazionale del Regno Unito e liberi professionisti.
Collaborazione con aziende private sono incentivate per creare un ponte di collegamento tra aziende e ricerca universitaria, come anche pratica clinica ed università.
Good
Internship (Former Employee) –  Glasgow6 August 2018
I enjoyed my three rotations in project search as it let see different parts of the university and learning on how to write and apply for jobs in the class
Pros
Meeting new People
Great Voluntary Experience
Voluntary Work (Current Employee) –  Glasgow21 June 2018
Learn the basics of how a Motorsport team constructs their planning of designing and manufacturing a formula vehicle. The leaders behind the Motorsport team also help to guide new members how to approach new challenges and how to perform daily maintenance for the vehicle.
Enjoyable, fast-paced, rewarding
Laboratory assistant (Former Employee) –  Strathclyde14 June 2018
A typical day involved arriving at 9 and completing laboratory tasks that were either given to you or must use your initiative to gain the full experience.
Pros
Flexible
everyone was so nice
Summer Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Strathclyde14 June 2018
I was worried inititially about working in an office environment but everyone was so nice and I was made to feel part of the team straight away. Left to work at my own pace with help if required. great place!
Supportive
Psychology Data Input Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow4 June 2018
Completed as a voluntary placement, where I was given great support by university staff and postgraduate students. I would recommend to any psychology student as great research experience.

Want to know more about UNIVERSITY OF STRATHCLYDE?

Ask a question
Good
PhD Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 April 2018
Had a cracking time working at the University of Strathclyde. I was employed on a student scholarship, and learned so many things. I also had the opportunity to teach undergraduates and master's students respectively, which was a great joy.
Fun work environment.
Telethon caller (Former Employee) –  Strathclyde4 April 2018
Enjoyed my time working here. I was glad to be apart of this campaign. We were constantly told updates about how much we had raised each day and continued to strive for more
Pros
Motivation incentives
Cons
Long shifts at weekends
A fun place to learn while working
Laboratory assistant (summer placement) (Former Employee) –  Strathclyde28 February 2018
Days were spent creating experiments for school students. A relaxed laboratory with plenty of freedom to get on with the task at hand. After obtaining results, these could be processed in a friendly office with a lot of other like-minded people.

I enhanced my chemistry knowledge by working alongside doctors and professors in their respective fields. A perfect foil to develop my understanding of the science.

The hardest part of the job was the long waits to obtain results for some experiments but this allowed for a lot of paperwork and reports to be undertaken.

The most enjoyable part was being immersed in a culture with other researchers focused on similar goals.
Pros
like-minded people, fun work environment, varied tasks
Cons
a lot of report writing
Productive and fun place
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Strathclyde15 January 2018
Work involves spending the day primarily within the laboratory, carrying out experiments to determine answers to questions arising within the cardiovascular disease area,
Great Place to Work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  University of Strathclyde8 January 2018
I worked in the catering and hospitality sector, met lots of great people, fun place to work and great experience. Working functions and weddings enables you to meet people from all over the world.
Pros
Staff and Experience
Great organisation
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Strathclyde22 November 2017
Busy days, learned new skills everyday, great experience working in the public sector. Public sector put the staff first in all decision making which I found refreshing.
Pros
Great people
Cons
n/a
Excellent University
Masters student (Former Employee) –  Student11 October 2017
Great university, strong on business and enterprise. Inspirational marketing tutors. Rated excellent in the UK for research. Achieved a Masters Degree in Marketing.
Productive, Varied and Settling.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow6 July 2017
I was attending a course that would enable me to become more employable or otherwise gain employment; I would say that working for this university would be a privilege as it is fair, easy to settle into and worth investing in.
Pros
Room for development and progression
Assistant of Researcher
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  Glasgow20 June 2017
I had a role on SEAHORSE Project which is related to the Maritime Safety and Human Factors.
Prepared a workcases and improving of the tool. Review all papers which are coming true questionaries.
Fun place to learn and work
Residence Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, UK9 June 2017
Its a great University located in the friendliest city in United Kingdom. My superiors were friendly and gave me space to do my work my way to give the best results.