University of Southern California Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

3.9Pay & Benefits
3.7Job Security & Advancement
Fun, Close place to work
Full Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, ENG13 November 2013
My typical day at USC will start with me completing daily security checks which include tag checks, cleaning etc. Then waiting on customers arriving and giving 100% into customer service ensuring that most customers leave happy but more importantly, with a USC bag. During my 3 years at USC I have learned that customer service is key. I have also learned that my personal skills have been pushed and improved very much. The managment at USC is very good, they maintain a relationship with the staff that is very friendly but they also make sure that their authority is firmly marked and we know where we stand. I have many very close friends within my work, many of which I spend my spare time with. The hardest part of my job is maintaining customer service to those customers who aren't after that service and simply want to be "in and out". Finally, the most enjoyable part about my job is definately the closeness and friendship within my workplace. We always spend time with eachother whether it be a night out or just staying in.
Pros
Good discount on product
Cons
Low rate of pay
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire21 October 2013
•Worked closely with long terms clients.
•Processing orders.
•Promoting products to other companies with a friendly yet professional manner.
•I worked on the production line which included picking and packing goods for customers.
fun and rewarding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, ENG18 October 2013
helping children achieve academically, seeing them change and see them have more confidence, help children feel safe and see them happy in achool enviroment
Pros
great achievement
Cons
Really good company to work for
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG17 October 2013
Everyday is a different day. you learn lots of different types of things. for example, how to serve on tills. cashing up tills at the end of the day, how to make your store look good, standardizing stock to make it look nice and neat. even though we're just normal contracted staffs. we used to get taught management work. for example,how to do banking, using back office computer, emailing other managers from other Republic branches. all members of staff at Republic were very nice to work with, friendly and kind workers.. the hardest part of working at Republic was taking care of shop lifters during busy times of the year, for example christmas and eids. enjoyed nearly all of my working time at Republic.loved my job, miss it too.
Pros
Work events, Christmas do's
Cons
Christmas time long hours, sale launch