University of Southern California Employee Reviews

Extremely busy work environment
Senior Sales Consultant / Ladies Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, UK24 January 2017
Giving first class customer service to clients. Managing the ladieswear department within a few months of starting my first job within retail.
Pros
Gaining vital experience to progress within a career in fashion retail.
Cons
Working in the lower end of fashion retail.
great place to work
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  hemel hempstead12 October 2015
USC is a great place to work, the pay isn't great, but the commission is good if you earn it, the benefits are great, the management is great and the overall staff are great.
productive and fun
ChristmasTemp Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow23 February 2015
I enjoyed being apart of this amazing team that I had while working in USC Fashion. I was a temp employee for Christmas but was also a full time student and I loved every moment the people were amazing. I was working to meet the needs of targets and achieved what was expected of me. I am a hard worker and loved working in busy environments it gave me more confidence and I would definitely work for them again.
Pros
the people
Fun
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, ENG20 May 2014
great place to work, requires very energetic people, working with a variety of age group was fantastic experience.
Fun Workplace
Stock/Sales Assistant- Temporary for Christmas (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG17 January 2014
When i worked here my main role was to unpack the clothing as it came from deliveries. Security tag all the clothing. Sort the clothing into sizes and types and get everything ready to be taken up to the shop floor.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, Close place to work
Full Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, ENG13 November 2013
My typical day at USC will start with me completing daily security checks which include tag checks, cleaning etc. Then waiting on customers arriving and giving 100% into customer service ensuring that most customers leave happy but more importantly, with a USC bag. During my 3 years at USC I have learned that customer service is key. I have also learned that my personal skills have been pushed and improved very much. The managment at USC is very good, they maintain a relationship with the staff that is very friendly but they also make sure that their authority is firmly marked and we know where we stand. I have many very close friends within my work, many of which I spend my spare time with. The hardest part of my job is maintaining customer service to those customers who aren't after that service and simply want to be "in and out". Finally, the most enjoyable part about my job is definately the closeness and friendship within my workplace. We always spend time with eachother whether it be a night out or just staying in.
Pros
Good discount on product
Cons
Low rate of pay
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire21 October 2013
•Worked closely with long terms clients.
•Processing orders.
•Promoting products to other companies with a friendly yet professional manner.
•I worked on the production line which included picking and packing goods for customers.
fun and rewarding
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester City Centre, ENG18 October 2013
helping children achieve academically, seeing them change and see them have more confidence, help children feel safe and see them happy in achool enviroment
Pros
great achievement
Cons
Really good company to work for
Part Time Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oldham, ENG17 October 2013
Everyday is a different day. you learn lots of different types of things. for example, how to serve on tills. cashing up tills at the end of the day, how to make your store look good, standardizing stock to make it look nice and neat. even though we're just normal contracted staffs. we used to get taught management work. for example,how to do banking, using back office computer, emailing other managers from other Republic branches. all members of staff at Republic were very nice to work with, friendly and kind workers.. the hardest part of working at Republic was taking care of shop lifters during busy times of the year, for example christmas and eids. enjoyed nearly all of my working time at Republic.loved my job, miss it too.
Pros
Work events, Christmas do's
Cons
Christmas time long hours, sale launch
Great job experience
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  College Business Office20 June 2012
I really loved being able to run from class to work and back. The managers really took care of me and were encouraging in my profession development. As a student, USC really pushes us to view all of the staff, faculty, students and alumni as a family and because of this job I really did.