University of Salford Pay & Benefits reviews

Awesome and fun
Senior Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Salford29 July 2018
Always a joy to work here. The staff are friendly and always encouraging. Time flies when working as it is just so much fun. It is always a memorable time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Building Attendant (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester8 June 2018
It is a good place to work. They pay well and on time. People is really professionl and they made every effort to fit my request of days off in the schedule.
fun
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salford1 August 2017
student nurse. long hours and shift works, the staff are absolutely amazing and really knowledgeable about what they do.
The work environment can be quite stressful trying to balance everything out
Pros
enjoyable educational job
great place to work
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Salford11 January 2017
i really enjoyed my time at the univeristy. great home work balance, staff are friendly and easy to get along with. in hindsight i should not have left.
Pros
short hours
Cons
you have to pay for parking
Great place and people
Senior IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Salford University uk18 March 2015
IT Engineer Senior (Former Employee), Salford University – March 18, 2015
Salford University 11 years as a senior IT technician.
9-5 pm 5 days a week
I had 12 underlings that I managed on a regular hour to hour, day to day basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job was completing tasks that they said could not be done. I.E technical or physical.

The role was never hard because I was fully conversant with all the latest tech.

Just as much as I enjoyed producing a positive result for a client I also really enjoyed conversing with customers and and my staff more so.

Regards,

Garry

Salary was £30,000 but will accept much less...
Easy Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Salford, ENG10 January 2014
As long as you are fit and healthy and don't mind going out in cold and wet weather this job is a doddle. Depending on which shift you are on it could entail; opening up buildings, attending fire alarms, patrolling the campus, attending lock-outs, attending intruder alarms, locking up buildings, mobile patrol to outer sites, assisting with car-parking, CCTV control room operation.

The salary and benefits are excellent, that is where the praise stops unfortunately.

Management are corrupt and will not listen, there is no chance of progression / advancement unless you are in their 'click'.

There is a terrible work life balance due to the 24 hour shift system and the rota which does not work.

As is the case at any work place there are a mixture of people that work there. My advice is to keep yourself to yourself and don't tell anyone too much. Since the restructure there has been a lot more rumours, gossip and back-stabbing. You don't know who you can trust anymore.

The hardest part of the job is trying to bite your tongue and deal with all the games that management play.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction and appreciation you get from helping the students. Pay day isn't too bad either!

This job taught me that life isn't fair!
Pros
salary, benefits
Cons
bad shift pattern, corrupt management