University of Salford

University of Salford Employee Reviews

United Kingdom69 reviews
Strong academic and research environment, professional admin team supports students and academics. Nice environment, train station and bus routes right to door and set in a lovely campus.
I like working there, the team I work with are lovely and in general the students respect and appreciate the effort the staff put in. Shame they don't have more teaching to send my way!
it is a good and supportive work environment that offers a large diversity of interactions as well as activities. There is no repetitiveness as the activities are flexible to accommodate different audiences.
It was a very interesting place to work, a mini-Council or mini-government, along with all the political parts that can make or break a project! I would do it all over again though
If progression is your thing then i dont think SU is for you.
training for advancement is non existent

managerial jobs will go to whos face fits and NOT who can do the job role
Hardest part of this job is the politics.
The most enjoyable is the wide varierty of projects available to work on.

It can be challenging as undergoing the tyransition from a public service type institution to more of a commercial organisation, and many people are not comfortable with the way it is changing.
I learnt a lot of new skills and covered Reception a lot of the time which I hadn't really done in previous placements. I enjoyed working there and met a lot of new people. it was also interesting as I was working with the students as well as staff members. I had also never worked in Podiatry before which was interesting.
There was a full range of tasks to complete on a daily basis from diary management, budget restraints, events organiser to general administrative duties.
Great team of people, good pay and good environment in a place that was built when higher education mattered. Times have changed, so jobs like this are increasingly hard to find.
I absolutely enjoyed being involved with breast cancer research at University of Salford. Working at Salford as a PhD student taught me how to work and research independently.
I worked here as temporary research associate and had a fulfilling time, working with motivated and collaborative colleagues who maintained communication about shared objectives, making for a calm and friendly work environment.
Counterproductive work culture. No respect for professional expertise. Worked for one senior manager who arrived, worked there a short time but managed to destroy morale across the whole organisation.
It is a very nice place to work everyone is so helpful and they try and make life easy for you. the campus is full of life and time seems to fly when working there
Salford University has taught me a lot of exceptional skills, excluding engineering skills. The supervisors are very helpful and the workload is extensive however, the balance of work and life with this university is great.
Pros
Exam-Coursework ratio
Cons
Timetable
A very comfortable, enjoyable workplace that gets the best out of you. There was a lot of encouragement and support. Overall it was very good and I would thoroughly recommend.
Pros
Regular breaks
Cons
U enjoy every second when at work because it is my second nature and being around my colleagues and service users makes my day be fulfilled. I have learnt how to work as a team, thus teamwork and allocate ourselves so that all areas are covered. The management is great and always there when one want to get more information. At work every one is treated as an individual and have a right to say. There is nothing like harder part of the job because am open to learning new skills, therefore what l do not know or understand, l will always ask. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting up with my duties and tasks and good communication skills for the environment.
Pros
Respect time to start and take breaks
Cons
my motto is to fulfill my duties
I went to University here. I did not work here as it was a university couse where I studied professional broardcasting techniques. This was not a job it was educational.
A typical day at work would be busy but fun. Learning new things and getting to know many individuals. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember everything that has been taught but that was the most enjoyable part too as I learnt new things. The management was amazing, if there was a problem, it was solved straight away.
Pros
free lunch, friendly staff
Cons
Amazingly friendly staff and artistic people everywhere!
I learnt life skills, how to work as a team, how to get the most out of my time and also that the University of Salford is a phenomenal place to be.
For a course renound for the topic the teaching was sub-par with very little support mechanisms in place for when things went wrong. I regret my time there and wish i went elsewhere.
It was a nice experience working in the university. The laboratories are good and fully equipped. The teaching staff is very good as well. I have enjoyed my time at the university
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Salford. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2