University of Salford Employee Reviews

Student Fundraiser
Fundraiser (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester31 May 2019
A very comfortable, enjoyable workplace that gets the best out of you. There was a lot of encouragement and support. Overall it was very good and I would thoroughly recommend.
Pros
Regular breaks
Productive work
Student (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester29 May 2019
U enjoy every second when at work because it is my second nature and being around my colleagues and service users makes my day be fulfilled. I have learnt how to work as a team, thus teamwork and allocate ourselves so that all areas are covered. The management is great and always there when one want to get more information. At work every one is treated as an individual and have a right to say. There is nothing like harder part of the job because am open to learning new skills, therefore what l do not know or understand, l will always ask. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting up with my duties and tasks and good communication skills for the environment.
Pros
Respect time to start and take breaks
Cons
my motto is to fulfill my duties
It was educational
stuudent (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester26 February 2019
I went to University here. I did not work here as it was a university couse where I studied professional broardcasting techniques. This was not a job it was educational.
Educational Workplace
Student Ambassador and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Salford13 December 2018
A typical day at work would be busy but fun. Learning new things and getting to know many individuals. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember everything that has been taught but that was the most enjoyable part too as I learnt new things. The management was amazing, if there was a problem, it was solved straight away.
Pros
free lunch, friendly staff
fun place to be
Graduate business associate (Former Employee) –  Salford, UK6 December 2018
Amazingly friendly staff and artistic people everywhere!
I learnt life skills, how to work as a team, how to get the most out of my time and also that the University of Salford is a phenomenal place to be.
Does not live up to the reputation
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Salford19 November 2018
For a course renound for the topic the teaching was sub-par with very little support mechanisms in place for when things went wrong. I regret my time there and wish i went elsewhere.
Good university
Teaching assistant and invigilator (Former Employee) –  Manchester16 November 2018
It was a nice experience working in the university. The laboratories are good and fully equipped. The teaching staff is very good as well. I have enjoyed my time at the university
Ok place to work
private (Former Employee) –  private16 October 2018
Seemd an okay organisation to work for but was not there long to have an fully informed opinion. Management seemed nice enough though and were supportive.
A good place to work
IT Support Staff (Former Employee) –  England30 August 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Salford University and would recommend them to anyone hoping to work for the company.
Although getting into the system may be tricky, everything becomes easy once you get in. The people in there are nice and you will be given every support required to make your job easy
Awesome and fun
Senior Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Salford29 July 2018
Always a joy to work here. The staff are friendly and always encouraging. Time flies when working as it is just so much fun. It is always a memorable time.
Pros
Free Lunches
Amazing experience
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Salford14 June 2018
By attending a variety of meetings and by participating at a wide number of trainings throughout the years I have gained valuable skills such as: communication, organizational skills, time management, listening to others, building a report, conveying ideas clearly, negotiation and persuasion. These have helped me represent the student of Biomedical Science and put forward their needs to the teachers board.
Pros
meeting new people, time management
Building Attendant (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester8 June 2018
It is a good place to work. They pay well and on time. People is really professionl and they made every effort to fit my request of days off in the schedule.
Excellent place to work!
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Manchester15 May 2018
Across various roles at the university, I did not encounter a job that was not enjoyable. The environment is friendly and stimulating.

The management in my experience was very positive and supportive.
Friendly working environment
PhD Research Student (Current Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester3 May 2018
The University of Salford offers a friendly working environment for the study of life sciences within the school of Environment and Life Sciences.

The biomedical research centre brings together a dynamic group of researches from various scientific backgrounds for the study of cancer.
Pros
Friendly working environment
Welcoming and friendly with great training workshops
Student Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester9 April 2018
I did an internship here working with the Student Admin team, they were all very helpful and friendly. There are lots of opportunities to staff to attend various workshops, these are very useful to help update your skills especially in IT. There is lots of help and advice available and also a gym on-site.
Pros
Close parking and transport links
fun place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salford12 February 2018
This was a great place to work being kept on your feet with different aspects of this job role from serving food to making buffets for lecturers and important people. I enjoyed learning all the areas of this job the hospitality side the deli counter buffets and also the coffee bar.
Supportive learning environment for Mature students.
Student (Current Employee) –  Peel Park Campus21 October 2017
Staff are excellent, facilities are excellent the course modules are
prepared well and easy to understand. The course is highly relevant to future employment prospects.
University
Student (Former Employee) –  Salford, Greater Manchester16 October 2017
studied sport science, tutors where helpful which allowed you to ask them for advice and they would advise you the best they could to advance your studies.
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Salford24 September 2017
a typical day at work would involve carrying out maintainence on audio visual equipment, assisting lecturerers and other university staff with technical issues.
Reasonable experience
Student (Former Employee) –  Peel Park Campus13 September 2017
Having learned part-time with the Open University previously, I wondered whether I'd benefit from a fully-immersive learning environment. The learning style didn't suit my preferred style of learning. Met some lovely people.