University of Reading

University of Reading Employee Reviews for Student Ambassador

Student Ambassador11 reviews
United Kingdom11 reviews
I found being a Student Ambassador at the University of Reading was accommodating, flexible and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new students and encouraging them to take on higher education.
Enjoyable experience as a student ambassador interacting with perspective students and their families to encourage them as to why Reading was the perfect choice for them
Pros
Good pay, flexible work
Cons
Working lunch
A great job for students. Very valuable as you learn more about recruiting new students and develop various skills. It was also great to represent the university.
Being a student ambassador was an amazing experience. the people are lovely and the job is flexible to fit in with your studies. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Part-time job while studying at University. Worked well around my studies, paid well for the work I did. Provided support to potential students so all was interesting.
It was amazing experience because I meet new people I can speak about Law with the future students and to promote my amazing University. We were great team,helping people to get to know the University of Reading and us.
Working as a Student Ambassador eventually became a significant part of my routine but consistently offered me the chance to dictate what I could and could not attend or contribute to.
Pros
Engaging environments, treated as a valuable asset, positive contributions.
Cons
Long days, some high-pressure moments
Typical day at work involved greeting parents and prospective student and answering any question they may have, whilst also trying the encourage them to apply for the university. Days could also include meeting students that have applied for the university and helping them through a day at the university.
Goof experience especially for students who are looking to earn some extra money whilst gaining skills in a comfortable environment. Would highly recommend
Great campus. Good management and support offered. Would recommend to anyone interested. Little negatives to provide based on experiences gained and work/life balance
As a Student Ambassadors I had a pivotal role within the team
acting as positive role models enthusing about their experiences to prospective students that may want to join the University.

Allowing me to become a highly motivated individual with a real passion for the University and a desire to convey that enthusiasm to prospective students. Providing excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a range of visitors from prospective students and their parents, to school teachers and University staff.