University of Reading

University of Reading Employee Reviews for Bar Manager

Bar Manager2 reviews
United Kingdom2 reviews
Typically the job of a supervisor includes the efficient running of your bar, leading a team in order to accurately set up and effectively close down the venue including proper cleaning and maintenance of stock. It is also imperative we can correctly cash up our tills and bank all bars of the venue ready for the finance department.
The management is incredibly approachable and helpful, they go above and beyond to make sure the environment is enjoyable whilst at the same time efficient and productive through the day and night. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with the fast paced environment on a busy night shift while helping new staff and creating an enjoyable atmosphere, maintaining stock and ensuring the tills have enough change. What I enjoy the most is the challenge of staying on top of all tasks and training new staff to a high level.
Pros
Great atmosphere and colleagues.
Cons
Long over night hours.
University of Reading as an employer was extremely supportive, being part of a company the size of a University with such a firm belief in learning and development allowed me to flourish in my role; offering several chances to go on courses, conferences and other learning experiences.