University of Reading Employee Reviews

Otima
Assistente de Pesquisa (Former Employee) –  Reading12 September 2018
É uma otima universidade a se trabalhar, aberta a novas estudantes e prospera na area de ciencia animal e agronomia.
N/a
Student Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reading3 July 2018
The work ethos and office culture is excellent. All staff are professional and polite and friendly. One drawback is staff have to pay for parking however it is a small cost and university-wide so applies to all.
pay below average
Groundsman (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 July 2018
Very nice enviroment very safty concous funding for ancillary very tight more contacors used every year my manager however is excellant accomadation is very expensie
Very Convenient
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Reading24 May 2018
Perfect job for you if you are a student at Reading university. Very good job as it related to the course you are taking, recommended if you are interested in teaching.
Great team spirit
Executive Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire1 May 2018
Interesting variety of role and responsibilities, some degree of flexibility and ability to prioritise workload.

Great team spirit and communal approach to achieve targets.

Everyone driven to do well and provide an excellent service.
Pros
Ability to directly help with student learning
Cons
Management structures unclear
DLHE Caller
DLHE Caller (Former Employee) –  Reading30 April 2018
This was a good part time job for a student and the management was laid back and understanding and worked with you in order to help achieve goals. I wish I could still work for them.
Productive and lively place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire24 March 2018
It is one of the best locations to work in the UK due to the proximity to London. As a student, l enjoyed participating in students' activities such as open day and graduation
fun and friendly workplace
Filming and Editing (Former Employee) –  Reading10 March 2018
Great opportunity for getting hands-on experience and adding on your CV. Friendly technicians and managers. They provide a pretty good payment for a student.
No and again no!
Chef (Former Employee) –  University of Reading2 March 2018
I have work for University of Reading in a catering-hospitality department for good few years,and everything I can say do not even start!!!.Is runing down and down,they never have enough people,payment if small,all wais busy.Manager of department is constantly lie, make u work extra hours,Is terrible!!!No and no ever again.
Cons
bad management
Relaxed and Supportive
Student Mentor (Former Employee) –  Reading15 February 2018
I had the opportunity to mentor students in a wide variety of ways during my degree.There was always something to help with, and it was clear that they care a lot about their student community.
Pros
Consistent support, flexible working hours
Cons
Positions only lasted a few months
Relaxed and welcoming
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading2 January 2018
The staff are welcoming and are keen to see you progress. It is a relaxed environment to work in and support is usually available whenever it is needed.
Excellent
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Reading2 December 2017
Office based job in lovely department on beautiful campus with people around who wanted to learn as well as #have fun. Great career progression and workplace culture.
Motivating and Caring Environment
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire10 November 2017
Working as a Student Ambassador eventually became a significant part of my routine but consistently offered me the chance to dictate what I could and could not attend or contribute to.
Pros
Engaging environments, treated as a valuable asset, positive contributions.
Cons
Long days, some high-pressure moments
Long hours and fun environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Reading25 October 2017
I gained a lot of lab experience from working in the microbiology lab. All the staff and PhD students were helpful and were open to answering any questions.
Erasmus Placement Trainee
Erasmus Placement Trainee (Former Employee) –  Reading21 September 2017
My time at Reading was immensely important to my decision in furthering my studies in the field of Meteorology and Climatology. My main duty was the reviewing of the relevant literature concerning optimal calibration methods of rainfall estimation algorithms and revisiting the methodology already applied in the TAMSAT Research Group.
Fun and educational
Tour Guide - The Cole Museum of Zoology (Former Employee) –  Reading25 August 2017
I volunteered within the University of Reading Cole Museum of Zoology, providing tours and assistance to fellow students when their modules involved seeking information within the museum. My social skills would also be applicable to extracurricular opportunities or events such as social gatherings or specialist functions.
Pros
Calm environment
Cons
Infrequent hours
Excellent placement research project.
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Reading6 August 2017
Very formative and interesting placement. Staff and employees taught me a lot throughout the summer and were especially patient and friendly when dealing with questions and group work.
Academic environment
Student Demonstrator (0 hours contract) (Current Employee) –  Reading2 August 2017
My experience in University of reading is a unique. I found it useful and inspiring. I have been a PhD student since 2014 and at the mean time, I worked in tutoring, marking and invigilating.
supportive work place
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire27 July 2017
Typical day at work involved greeting parents and prospective student and answering any question they may have, whilst also trying the encourage them to apply for the university. Days could also include meeting students that have applied for the university and helping them through a day at the university.
Fun
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire17 July 2017
Goof experience especially for students who are looking to earn some extra money whilst gaining skills in a comfortable environment. Would highly recommend