University of Portsmouth Students' Union Employee Reviews

it was a voluntary work
President (Former Employee) –  portsmouth2 October 2018
it gave me a sense of responsibility and taught me how to be able to manage people affairs and be able to do well at the university at the same time. overall it was a wonderful challenge that shaped different sides of my personality.
An amazing part time job
Research and Insight Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire30 June 2018
Did this job along finishing my final year at the University of Portsmouth. I have learnt so much by working on different research projects, would recommend this opportunity to any student.
Pros
An opportunity to develop research skills
Cons
Productive and fun workplace
LGBT Officer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire6 July 2017
Great team of people and rewarding role. Training provided. Fantastic opportunity for representing and supporting students and helping change the university for the better.
Fun and Engaging Workplace
VP Education and Democracy (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth4 August 2016
The Students' Union is a fantastic place to work.

The support that they provide for their staff is second to none and the training and morale in the workplace is fantastic.

My time at the Union allowed me many opportunities to develop and a typical day was never a typical day.

All the staff are keen and engaging and love their jobs, which makes it such a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Lower Salary Rates
Good place to develop
Union Shop and Reception - Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth11 May 2016
Good work environment in which to learn new skills and meet a range of different people on a daily basis. Rewarding helping students daily.
Pros
NUS Extra card

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Portsmouth Students' Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3