University of Portsmouth Students' Union

University of Portsmouth Students' Union Employee Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews
I was only a volunteer for the campaign team, I was there for a year and all the staff were lovely. My tasks were fun and I really enjoyed the year and i would definitely do it again.
Although staff turnover is high, largely due to the nature of the people that work there (graduates largely) it can be a great place to work with amazing benefits.
Personally, the KPI’s that were set were largely meaningless, but valuable to UPSU. Found it difficult to see that any work done within UPSU made and difference to students or the wider community which did not give me any job satisfaction being a mental health employer is a positive, but it did not help with my mental health due to a lack of structure
it gave me a sense of responsibility and taught me how to be able to manage people affairs and be able to do well at the university at the same time. overall it was a wonderful challenge that shaped different sides of my personality.
Did this job along finishing my final year at the University of Portsmouth. I have learnt so much by working on different research projects, would recommend this opportunity to any student.
Pros
An opportunity to develop research skills
Cons
Great team of people and rewarding role. Training provided. Fantastic opportunity for representing and supporting students and helping change the university for the better.
The Students' Union is a fantastic place to work.

The support that they provide for their staff is second to none and the training and morale in the workplace is fantastic.

My time at the Union allowed me many opportunities to develop and a typical day was never a typical day.

All the staff are keen and engaging and love their jobs, which makes it such a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Training and Development
Cons
Lower Salary Rates
Good work environment in which to learn new skills and meet a range of different people on a daily basis. Rewarding helping students daily.
Pros
NUS Extra card