University of Nottingham Employee Reviews

Buen ambiente de trabajo
PhD student (Former Employee) –  Nottingham13 May 2018
Gente eficiente y cercana, siempre dispuesta a ayudar, buen ambiente de trabajo, buena disponibilidad de recursos.
An OK place to work
Undergraduate Laboratory Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham21 April 2018
I have worked at the University of Nottingham in various part time roles whilst I was a student. The pay was decent however the work was not that engaging for me
It is a good university
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire16 April 2018
I would refer this university. The university pf Nottingham Malaysia campus is the ultimate destination for someone looking for a perfect work and life balance.
School Building Programme
Business Analyst, School Building Programme (Former Employee) –  Nottingham26 March 2018
working close with the relevant stakeholder to manage their expectation ,Requirements gathering and documentation at both high and detailed levels
Effectively managed stakeholders (developers, testers, etc) and the business expectations, Assisted the facilitation of Workshops and one on one interviews
Great to be in academia
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nottingham12 March 2018
University what can I say, great to be in a research environment. Great student life all over again and fantastic leadership. However not the best place for money even when the VC probably gets paid millions.
Pros
Student life all over again
Cons
Not much, maybe pay
Very busy environment
Personal Assistant and Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nottingham6 February 2018
A challenge meets you most days, be prepared and ready for them!
A great place to work with an ever changing environment. Staff and students get along, are informative and friendly.
Productive structured workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Nottingham26 January 2018
I worked University of Nottingham for eight months and was very surprised with how included I felt as part of the team - with some parts of the team - not everybody was talkative. A typical day was go to work, sign in, get your keys to get on with the job and sign out and take the keys back when the working hours were up. The hardest part of the job for me was getting to work due to using public transport at very early hours of the morning and suffering from home life issues.

From my experience, I learned that I can work to very high standards of cleaning as well as feeling a part of an important company. Work/Life Balance was difficult for me. After suffering with a medical condition for a few years made this difficult due to the early hours. Tried to adjust hours but this was not operationally possible leading to me leaving later last year.

Salary was good, above minimum wage and the benefits received were also a life saver - e.g. bus travel and cycle to work schemes. This helped me a lot at the time with my financial needs back then.

Training is provided in most roles, they are open to applications from all people regardless of race, backgorunds etc. due to being an 'Equal opportunities employer'. I attended three training programmes which were required for the role - they also often offered training in gaining qualifications centred around the certain work area.

Overall, a good company to work for just make sure that your health is in check, you attend every day, you do things properly and make sure you enjoy your time there. Enjoyed most of my time there just
  more... wish I could go back again with suitable hours for me to prove myself.  less
Pros
Welcoming team, excellent supervisors and management
Cons
Hours could be more flexible, policies/procedures hard to understand.
Varied and enthusiastic workplace.
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  University Campus5 January 2018
Being a student ambassador involved participating in a number of varied events across different teams (from Marketing to Schools Liaison ). This provided a good grounding in what it was like to work in different sectors, as well as providing a good, flexible income whilst studying.

Sometimes management could be a little too "corporate" in their approach, however, on the whole, the events were fun and it was great to work with an enthusiastic, passionate team.
Pros
Free lunches/dinners, varied events, fun events, chance to travel.
Cons
Management sometimes too "corporate", slight bias with certain employees.
a rewarding career
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, Lincolnshire19 December 2017
As a student nurse, it is a challenging but rewarding role. A caring career awaits you. You have to learn a lot but the end goal is amazing, and is wonderful.
Pros
a rewarding career
Nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Research) (Current Employee) –  Nottingham15 December 2017
Very friendly and supportive environment with lots of opportunities to continue learning after your studies. Good facilities for scientific research and approachable academics.
Disorganized, low pay, rude
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham7 December 2017
Pay was atrocious. After complaints from other TA's, pay was actually made even worse. Often told to redo work using different specifications than originally told but without pay. Unpaid mandatory meetings and unpaid optional meetings that didn't seem very optional were all too common.
Good
Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Nottingham25 November 2017
The University of Nottingham is a public research university in Nottingham, United Kingdom. It was founded as University College Nottingham in 1881, and was granted a Royal Charter in 1948.
Nottingham's main campus (University Park) and teaching hospital (Queen's Medical Centre) are on the outskirts of the City of Nottingham, with a number of smaller campuses and sites elsewhere in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire. Outside the United Kingdom, the university has campuses in Semenyih, Malaysia and Ningbo, China. Nottingham is organised into five constituent faculties, within which there are more than 50 schools, departments, institutes and research centres. Nottingham has about 44,000 students and 9,000 staff, and had an income of £635 million in 2015/16, of which £124.6 million was from research grants and contracts.[1]
The 2017 High Fliers survey stated Nottingham was the seventh most targeted university by the UK's top employers between 2016-17.[6] In 2012, Nottingham was ranked 13th in the world in terms of the number of alumni listed among CEOs of the Fortune Global 500.[7] It is also ranked 2nd (joint with Oxford) in the 2012 Summer Olympics table of British medal winners.[8] Moreover, in 2015, Nottingham was listed as the 9th largest European producer of entrepreneurs, according to a private report.[9] In the 2011 and 2014 GreenMetric World University Rankings, University Park was ranked as the world's most sustainable campus.[10][11] The institution's alumni have been awarded a variety of prestigious accolades, including 3 Nobel Prizes, a Turner Prize, and a Gabor Medal
  more... and Prize.
The university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the Virgo Consortium, the European University Association, the Russell Group, Universities UK, Universitas 21, and participates in the Sutton Trust Summer School programme, as a member of the Sutton 30
Productive and educative
Practical demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham8 November 2017
A typical day at work brings a different experience of relating with people and meeting their needs. There is an excellent work place culture that allows staff development. The hardest part is when relating with difficult people who are unwilling to accept others opinions. Generally i enjoyed the work place relationship with colleagues.
Pros
Training opportunties that will otherwise be paid for
Cons
Haven to wait end till the end of the month for payment
Innovative and relaxed place to study
Undergraduate student (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, United Kingdom26 October 2017
the school has provided me a lot of free time to manage my work and my life that I am able to have a good planning of time myself to balance both side.
Pros
chilled environment and all rounded
Cons
my faculty requires hard copies for assignment
A changeable environment
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nottingham16 October 2017
In recent years the university has been undergoing a major restructuring, compelling all student support staff into new roles and locations. The promised IT systems to support these changes are now 18 months overdue, leaving staff to struggle with outdated, existing systems. The formerly excellent support from management is now dissipated.
competitive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire13 October 2017
Job Work/Life Balance: flexible hours
Salary/Benefits: not bad
Job Security/Advancement: it depends on the available fund
Management: good
Job Culture: competitive
Best Place for research
PhD Researcher (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire10 October 2017
While doing PhD, in University of Nottingham, I have learned a lot, even, other than research, like how to manage time, how to keep kalm in tough time, We used to have work discussion every week with supervisor, so that you keep your data upto date. We also use to have problem sessions, so that we use to keep ourselves upto date in research. Reading everyday new articles of different research groups worldwide.
We enjoyed group dinner like social events that kept us very family like environment.
Engaging and Rewarding
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham29 September 2017
The staff are professional and friendly giving you the opportunity to progress in your field and learn new techniques. A rewarding, challenging and engaging environment.
Good benefits
Administrative role (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire29 September 2017
The University employs some interesting and hard working employees. It can be a nice place to work with good facilities. Your experience here will very much depend on what department you work in, so choose wisely.
Pros
Reward schemes
Poor communication, unprofessional.
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire21 September 2017
Since last year we have had a new manager within the catering team. She is awful,rude, ignorant, petty and very unprofessional.
She has ruined my experience at the University along side many other workers and i have worked here for a very long time and feels to leave.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Nottingham. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2