University of Liverpool Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place to work
Associate Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool21 May 2018
This is an unusual view as I am an associate lecturer rather than full-time member of staff. I enjoy delivering the course and am treated with respect by full-time lecturers when I attend meetings at the University.
Scientific colaboration
Post-doctoral research associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool UK1 May 2018
It was a very interesting place to work
Collaboration between scientific areas was encouraged
Attended domestic and international meetings paid for by University
good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool31 March 2018
Learnt me some good office skills aswell as dealing with students got me the job I am currently in with another university due to allowing me to gain that experience to proceed onto another job.
Pros
Good team
Great place
CSA (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 March 2018
The team was fantastic, very polite and caring, work load was simple and fun, letting you meet a variety of clientele. Fun working environment with plenty of benefits.
Pros
great benefits, allows you to progress your skills, work with a friendly and fun team
Cons
may not be able to progress in your sector but can change departments
Intense but satisfying
Laboratory Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool17 March 2018
No 2 days were the same here as with any PhD course. The people in the University are mostly friendly and approachable, with the odd exception.

Not a bad university but a great city.
Pros
great city
Cons
Long working hours
Excellent institution
PhD student (Current Employee) –  Liverpool1 February 2018
From the facilities to the staff, the University of Liverpool really pushed me to achieve the best I could academically, whilst also allowing me to feel that I was supported in all my studies.
One of the better places to work
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 January 2018
The workload varies and is at times quite heavy for a period, but afterwards will be quite light and allow some time for rest. The workload is varied and hours are flexible, so I can fit work in around my personal life quite easily most of the time.
Amazing Experience
Team Manager Liverpool Live Music Census (Former Employee) –  Liverpool23 January 2018
The University of Liverpool has given me the chance to grow as a person and a worker. I have met people from all over the world, enriching my cultural background and volunteering for a project like the music census has allowed me to have an insight inside the music business, both on a legal and sale prospective.
Great place poor management
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool19 December 2017
The UoL is one of those places that has great people to work with but is awful to work for if you are in the early stages of your academic career. The support for getting grants is practically nonexistent, while the effort to keep the talented student on as research assistants is high. While they may want to keep you on they cannot afford to, and consequently you are likely to find yourself stagnating in a job below your level of qualification. While in the mean time those above you dangle the carrot. However once you are in the door you will find much greater level of support, and pressure.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Lack of support for job progression.
Divisive management and class differences in staff.
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 October 2017
Very disappointing place to work. Management and support staff are always at your throat and each others. Money is not the best considering the level of work that is required. All in all, it has the feel of a workplace in decline; teaching standards, research standards and working standards are all on the wane.
Pros
Not many.
Cons
Lots.
Loved Working Here
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool27 September 2017
This was my best job ever and I was sad to leave as I was relocating. The pay, holidays and social aspects were great. Would go back here in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great Work/Life Balance
Cons
Lack of Overtime
Productive and fun work place
Fasilities assistant (Current Employee) –  Mail room6 September 2017
Great employer great pension great people great sellers, friendly atmosphere, I've been there for nine years and it's the best employer Ive ever had, it's got lots of benifits
Pros
Good pension good people good wage
friendly but not efficiently
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside24 August 2017
A good and comfortable place to work. People there are friendly but some places are lack cooperation from different departments. In addition, some places/services still need to be developed
Poor
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 August 2017
Lack of development opportunities, qualifications - however irrelevant - prioritised over experience, 'jobs for the boys' approach still exists. Laid back environment and 'no sacking policy' does not make up for below average salary.
Great Benefits
Secondment (Current Employee) –  Liverpool31 July 2017
26 days holiday and another 6 closure days for Christmas, 35 hour working week, fantastic pension scheme and some other brilliant benefits. Amazing place to work!
Pros
35 hour full time working week
Cons
Car parking charges
Great benefits but staff are severely stretched
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  university of liverpool11 July 2017
Great benefits but staff are severely stretched. Nice working environment, good pension scheme, good opportunites for progression. Organisation is very top heavy resulting in ground staff being very stretched.
Such a fun job.
Aquarium Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool28 June 2017
I worked here for a few months, caring for the fish on weekends.
As a biologist, this was the perfect job. My boss was so kind, and the training was excellent - the staff were so patient and thorough when training me. The lunch breaks were long, and the job was so entertaining that the hours flew by.
The hardest part of the job was probably getting up early - I had to be in Liverpool for around 8am on weekends. However, this meant that I was finished work before lunchtime, and had the rest of the day to myself.
Wonderful group of people to work with!
uni
University Student (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 June 2017
was a student at university of liverpool for three years studying psychology. Liverpool university is a great place to study and i really enjoyed my three years
Fun place to learn
Business Management (Former Employee) –  Liverpool14 June 2017
The University was a very nice place to complete my degree, the lecturers and staff were very helpful with any queries that I had relating to work that had to be done.
Interesting and eye opening
Student (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 June 2017
The university offers a wide variety of activities both educational and academic with a library open 24/7 and even social activities to follow there is something for everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Liverpool. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3