University of Liverpool

University of Liverpool Employee Reviews

Its been 6 years since I worked at University of Liverpool, and its still my most favourite place of employment. My colleagues and I worked fantastic as a team and i always had support if required whilst working on my own.I hope future employees enjoy their time there as much as I did.
Pros
Colleagues
J'ai été bien accueillis lors de mon stage par les équipes du laboratoire.
I have been a student first and I am now a worker at the University of Liverpool. I have nothing but good things to say about it. My working experience so far has been pleasant, I am working as a part time technician and I feel like the amount of work that I do is paid properly in terms of salary. Great environment, perfect for everyone who wants to feel an academic vibe around their place of work.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I really enjoyed working at the University of Liverpool. The missions we accomplished were a real source of apprendiceship for me. I spent six months working on Wave simulation by piston method on Ansys Fluent using the VOF detection method.
I really enjoy working at the University of Liverpool. it is a very collaborative environment. Staff are always offered help and advice and ways to better their skills. The staff are very friendly and I enjoy going into work. The senior management are very supportive and nice too.
friendly staff and respectful working environment that allows you to develop within the organisation. Many opportunities to contact with other people and make great connections
- Taught undergraduate and postgraduate modules - research conducted to the extent of time allowed. -Good number of International quality papers are published. - Delivered managerial role as Director of Studies, and various admin roles,
Best work place for now in my career. Flexibility, freedom and accesability for you work desk, lab is good for your scientific work, sports facilities nearby, often public events, other scientists visits - perfect!
Great salary, good flexibility, a very good team, helpful management. I have worked there on the project with the Politics Department Team. Big support and I could work from home.
Great to work here with lovely staff throughout the departments. Work can be fast paced and challenging but that makes it all the more rewarding. Mostly modern and up to date facilities throughout the whole campus with only a handful of building awaiting rennovations. Very helpful teams - there is literally a team for everything so you can always look to someone who is more than lkely happy to help :)
The University of Liverpool is a very productive and fun workplace. It creates many working opportunities for students and allows them to grow and develop both personally and professionally.
Good workplace, fun to be in. Flexible with working requirements and personal life. Workplace culture was one you enjoyed being apart of as it catered to all.
The working experience and ambiance are conducive for learning. Very professional and lively. The workplace culture is fun yet professional. The university is looking after its student to become the best in their chosen field.
Great teaching staff who find reward in working with bright and engaged international students at both Undergraduate and Postgraduate level. Some challenges with internal management that does not always reflect the techniques and values taught to the students.
Day to day work was relaxed, however, was efficient, with all tasks being completed on time. This job enabled me to increase my hospitality skills as well as my people skills. The management on a whole were generally good managers who cared about their staff and promoted a positive work place culture. The hardest part of the job was Graduation week as there was a lot of pressure to get things done and the days were longer than usual but the most enjoyable part of the job was the other members of staff.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
A typical shift at my previous job was usually busy as I worked at student mealtimes. I worked with a team of 12 women of various ages who as well as working as a team to ensure a smooth service generally each had their own duties to perform. My job was to order food from the kitchen as and when required to make sure that things didnt run out during service.It was a responsible role that required some heavy lifting and pulling as large trays of food had to be stored in the ovens and brought to the service stations as required.My role required me to work closely with the shift supervisors and the chefs in the kitchens and one of the best things about the job was the comararderie between the staff and the teamwork which helped us to deliver each service sucessfully.
Pros
free meal on duty. 3 months free in the summer as I worked a 32 week pro rata contract
Cons
slightly awkward working hours
A very friendly place to work with a great boss. We always communicated well with each other. Teaching students was very rewarding. My students all got good and exceptional results.
Volunteering Lovely staff laboratory work towards final year project good flexibility work/life balance good secure good location easy to access fun challenging
Worked as a student caller part time. Very flexible hours to fit around students. My supervisors and manager was lovely creating a nice work atmosphere
When I first started, the company was brilliant however changes in management and redundancies or people being pushed out made the company feel like they neither cared about the staff or the customers. Will be interesting to see if the company is still around in a few years time. Glad I got out when I did
U of Liverpool has its own culture - even though - like all universities - it has its cultural issues which it is well aware of. I was at the cutting edge of its relationship with research and the outside world and I loved that tension, edge and mix. I dealt with senior management, administrators, academics, research students and teaching staff. All very good people and entirely dedicated to their craft, duty and responsibilities. A great campus and a fine city!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours and a difficult culture - at times