University of Leicester Employee Reviews

Intersting place to work
Facilities Officer - Campus Services (Current Employee) –  Leicester19 June 2018
Always something going on to get involved in.
Student recruitment, Open Days and Freshers week.
Staff and Academics work closely together to provide an excellent experience for the student.
Pros
Holiday allowance
Cons
Parking
Well managed university with strong committment to international students and diverse faculty
Associate Ttor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, England9 May 2018
The group collaboration between Associate tutors is informative and positive. I appreciate the communication with the various departments to handle matters.
Pros
international collaboration and quality approaches
Cons
remote is a pro and con. It offers flexibility, but some level of isolation.
Cool place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire30 April 2018
I loved the campus, I spent many years there and the city itself is not too big if this is what you are looking for. The science was of a good level and people were friendly and happy to collaborate.
Good
Visiting Researcher (Current Employee) –  Leicester4 March 2018
Univeristy of leicester is a comprehensive unversity. Working in this university provides an opportunity to communicate with people from all over the world, and we exchange our ideas about our research.

Meanwhile, i get professional instructions. We can get the world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching.
It is good working place
Demonstrator, Biological sciences (Former Employee) –  Leicester5 February 2018
I am a Phd student at the University of Leicester, and I worked as demonstrator in the biological sciences lab. Really I interested in this part time job because I feel I developed my experience and knowledge.
You know you want to.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester28 January 2018
It's a really fun place to work. Everyone loves each other. There is a culture of donuts. indeed.co.uk is making me write this and I really can't be bothered. Work there... you'll love it. It's a way of life.
impressed experience
Student representative (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 January 2018
I was the student representative for my course during my postgraduate study in the University of Leicester (24/09/2015 to 15/01/2017). I mainly worked as a channel between students and lecturers, helped them communicate to each other sufficiently. I attended meetings with course lecturer and school representatives. I raised concerns from students, and also I dealt various problems from my classmates. I gained strong communication skills, I learned how to present efficient and effectively. I enhance m ability to balance my study, work and life.
An ambitious university which cares about its market position and research credentials.
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester16 January 2018
Typical day will be working with a variety of departments and colleagues.
Learned about the sector and plans to make Leicester stand-out from the crowd of 'challenger' universities.
Management tends to be large, committee based and top-down.
The culture aims to be welcoming and equalities-led but union relations have become extremely frosty in recent years.
Hardest part of the job is persuading busy colleagues to help you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the campus and getting to know colleagues who have not become corporate clones.
Pros
Pleasant campus environment.
Cons
Career progression (investment in people).
Great focii with colleagues to develop specialist skills
Learning Technology Advisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester General Hospital31 December 2017
Working with several consultants and senior nurses to develop further enhancement of Diabetes knowledge to the medical professionals worldwide. This was predominantly to doctors and we used multiple approaches and technologies to deliver this.
Pros
Great team work and comrades
Cons
short time contract
professional work place
Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  lab 11521 December 2017
a typical place for start my carrier, work with educated and professional people was very nice occasion, the job is very good allocated, every thing was described in very clear way,
Pros
enough break time
Cons
low rate of hours and delay in sending the money
Health and Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leicester18 December 2017
Good organisation to be part of, forward thinking. A future proofing culture embracing new technologies to deliver compliance. Highly recommend to future job seekers.
over worked under paid having to working 20+ hours a week overtime just to survive
Porter (Current Employee) –  Leicestershire11 December 2017
the job itself isn't to bad but the wages are awful considering what other local universities pay there staff, I hardly see my wife or kids due to how much overtime I have to work just to survive day to day
Pros
n/a
Cons
long hours, 3 shift patterns, comunication doesnt exsist, dumping more and more work on us
Positive and secure
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Leicester24 October 2017
I liked working for the University. I also work with staff that used to work at the Highcross Leicester. The university is a very varied role and every day is a different one.
Pros
varied role
Really enjoyed working here
Computing Technician (Former Employee) –  Leicester15 October 2017
Working here is fantastic. The range of projects available to work on is huge and changes constantly as research progresses and students change from year to year.
Pros
Fun and varied
Cons
Poor compensation for work required
It's a job, nothing more!
Principal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire6 October 2017
Very little effort is put into staff wellbeing, development and retention. The salaries are pretty good but management are very disconnected from the realities of academia and grass roots administrators.
Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 September 2017
Lots of training, really engaged staff always there to help, great location and venue types, lots of things to get involved with and good for experience
okaiesh
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire3 August 2017
not full time work so not very good in that respect but okay to work for management is miss matched other than that its good if you only want partime work
A good and supporting place to work.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester31 July 2017
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, during the semester my day would be split between my PhD work and my work with undergraduates. For the former, my supervisor was always supportive, and critically, honest, which led to my choice to resign from my PhD when the project was not working out.

In my capacity as a GTA, my timetable and expectations were clearly laid out, and when I needed anything, the admin team was heappy to provide and efficient. In delivering feedback, I was clear and open.

The department is a very good employer, and although a PhD is not a trivial task, if I had the opportunity to work on one again with the department and a better suited project, I would happily do so.
Nice
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Leicester24 July 2017
A very nice and disciplined institution. A very friendly and well facilitated place to work. Overall experience was nice I learnt different new techniques and improved my previous skills.
Very enjoyable
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Leicester17 July 2017
I had a great time at Leicester. It was a very relaxed environment with a good work ethic.

Very inclusive department where everyone was friendly and helpful.