University of Leicester Employee Reviews

Interesting
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Leicester5 December 2018
Interesting academic experience. Knowledgeable academic staff. Opportunities for professional development. There can be some administrative inconveniences and hourly work is always insecure.
Colleagues were a joy to work with
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester30 October 2018
I really enjoyed working at the Library at the University of Leicester and this was mainly down to my colleagues. Everyone was hardworking, conscientious and friendly. New staff members were well-looked after and it was a fun environment to be in.
They give you the right tools, the rest is on you.
Research Experimental Placement (REP) (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 September 2018
Comparing University of Leicester (UoL) to Spanish education, I have reached the conclusion of how favourable the conditions to succed are in UK.

Practicality is what defines good education. Furthermore, I believe memebers of staff and lectures always showed willingness to make you correct your flaws and boost your innate skills.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Expensive tuition fees
Good but looking for further development
Electronics Engineer Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Leicester3 September 2018
HAve enjoyed working here doing electronics and electrical work and completed my level 3 apprentice in electrical/electronic engineering. Am looking for a new challenge and development opportunities.
Great and Productive
Member (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire17 August 2018
The fast paced work involved in this clinic required that I demonstrate a great degree of time management skills. Working in this initiative with the school was a learned and rewarding experience.
Very enjoyable
Speaker (Former Employee) –  Leicester2 August 2018
-Enjoyed speaking at an event for a interesting salon event organised by the Research Institute for Cultural and Media Economies (CAMEo)
-the atmosphere wasn't too serious but the audience were well engaged
Peer Mentor
Society Treasurer / Secretary (Former Employee) –  Leicester2 August 2018
Here I mentored a group of students making the transfer from school to university. I also was a member of the men's football team in which I was the treasurer and social secretary. Organizing socials and the club budget was a very rewarding experience.
Good roles for current students
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Leicester27 July 2018
You have the opportunity to balance your work with your studies, with multiple different opportunities throughout the year.
There are opportunities provided in order to train for specific other roles.
Friendly and Progressive
GRADUATE PROJECT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Leicester14 July 2018
Management was friendly, ample opportunity for input even if subject was unrelated to job. Was allowed breaks frequently and the campus has Starbucks and large places for breaks.
Postgraduate Demonstrator - Chemistry Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leicester12 July 2018
Enrichment learning experience and it has a good environment for working in a team. The hardest part of the job was the hours and overcome last-minute complications
Acceptable
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  leicester9 July 2018
While my direct supervisor is a supportive and appreciative manager, the university itself suffers from poor management. Staff reshuffles and redundancies are common, and the process with which these are undertaken is often poorly managed.
Intersting place to work
Facilities Officer - Campus Services (Current Employee) –  Leicester19 June 2018
Always something going on to get involved in.
Student recruitment, Open Days and Freshers week.
Staff and Academics work closely together to provide an excellent experience for the student.
Pros
Holiday allowance
Cons
Parking
Fun and enjoyable opportunity
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire17 June 2018
I have enjoyed volunteering at the University's Leicester Academy scheme, I believe I have gained leadership skills leading sporting classes and have met many new and interesting people.
Well managed university with strong committment to international students and diverse faculty
Associate Ttor (Current Employee) –  Leicester, England9 May 2018
The group collaboration between Associate tutors is informative and positive. I appreciate the communication with the various departments to handle matters.
Pros
international collaboration and quality approaches
Cons
remote is a pro and con. It offers flexibility, but some level of isolation.
Cool place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Leicestershire30 April 2018
I loved the campus, I spent many years there and the city itself is not too big if this is what you are looking for. The science was of a good level and people were friendly and happy to collaborate.
Good
Visiting Researcher (Current Employee) –  Leicester4 March 2018
Univeristy of leicester is a comprehensive unversity. Working in this university provides an opportunity to communicate with people from all over the world, and we exchange our ideas about our research.

Meanwhile, i get professional instructions. We can get the world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching.
It is good working place
Demonstrator, Biological sciences (Former Employee) –  Leicester5 February 2018
I am a Phd student at the University of Leicester, and I worked as demonstrator in the biological sciences lab. Really I interested in this part time job because I feel I developed my experience and knowledge.
You know you want to.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester28 January 2018
It's a really fun place to work. Everyone loves each other. There is a culture of donuts. indeed.co.uk is making me write this and I really can't be bothered. Work there... you'll love it. It's a way of life.
impressed experience
Student representative (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 January 2018
I was the student representative for my course during my postgraduate study in the University of Leicester (24/09/2015 to 15/01/2017). I mainly worked as a channel between students and lecturers, helped them communicate to each other sufficiently. I attended meetings with course lecturer and school representatives. I raised concerns from students, and also I dealt various problems from my classmates. I gained strong communication skills, I learned how to present efficient and effectively. I enhance m ability to balance my study, work and life.
An ambitious university which cares about its market position and research credentials.
Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Leicester16 January 2018
Typical day will be working with a variety of departments and colleagues.
Learned about the sector and plans to make Leicester stand-out from the crowd of 'challenger' universities.
Management tends to be large, committee based and top-down.
The culture aims to be welcoming and equalities-led but union relations have become extremely frosty in recent years.
Hardest part of the job is persuading busy colleagues to help you.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the campus and getting to know colleagues who have not become corporate clones.
Pros
Pleasant campus environment.
Cons
Career progression (investment in people).