University of Kent

University of Kent Employee Reviews

United Kingdom111 reviews
good people to work with
Enjoyed my time there working in one of the larger kitchens.
The supervisors always had time for you and nothing was really a problem as everyone works as a team. I would recommend working there to anybody.
Process-focused institution
Long-term planning and vision. Ambitious yet realistic goals. Generous budgets. Professional growth is encouraged. Clear line-management. Generous benefits.
Collaborative and friendly atmosphere
Learnt a lot from the various roles I had. Was able to make several connections through cross-collaboration. As a student working for the university, it was a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I've had good line managers and several opportunities come my way.
Busy, lots of different people to meet, had lots of fun with our regular customers and colleges
Great team of people to wok with had a lot of fun and laughter when appropriate. There were very busy crazy periods and very quiet times but always lots to do.

We all prided ourselves on good customer service and keeping all our customers happy and often told what a great friendly team we made.
Fast-Paced and easy going.
Cafe work is high paced but always enjoyable and adaptable. People are friendly and accommodating and this creates a comfortable & familiar work environment.
Nice place for Ph.D. candidates
I would recommend University of Kent for Ph.D. candidates. Canterbury is a nice and quiet city that offers a life balance throughout the Ph.D. The level of education is high and London just an hour away.
Happy to have studied here and to have the opportunity to earn money as well, the staff are lovely and work around your schedule. The staff also offer advice to further better yourselves.
Supportive workplace
Very supportive, progressive workplace.

My team is very fun, professional and supportive. Managers are usually organised and open to learning and development opportunities.
Productive and fun
Friendly environment. Team working was very important and all members were supportive and helpful. The manager was really nice and supportive. Overall a nice experiment
Nice university to study and work for
You will love the place there as it is very friendly and romantic.
You will love the people aas they are all party goers and nice.

You will love working there as it will give you reference for a better future career.
Good place for a student
Worked here during my final year of university, very understanding of need to put studies first. Was offered progression pretty quickly and the offer to get into teaching if I wished to do so was made available.
Good place to study
I studied at the Uni of Kent. I learned about the symptoms of Autism and how to conduct assessments and plan interventions to support autistic people in education and in their day to day lives.
The university is a nice work place.
working in the university of kent is both challenging and rewarding. I learned a lot. My contribution to the university in terms of teaching and student support is very great.
Good workplace
I have learned to balance personal time and work. There is a strong senso of community in the psychology department. the IT team is excellent, very helpful and available. I always felt safe to make mistakes and in a non-judging environment.
Social Role with Excellent Training and Support
Traveling regularly to local schools and colleges. Coordinating transport with others or organising your own. Classroom environment, support work, powerpoint presentation delivery. Timetable is flexible during term-time. Most communications are via email.

As a Higher Education Student Ambassador, you take delight in representing the establishment and its core values while interacting with prospective local and international students, as well as with other student ambassadors and staff. It's important that you fit-in, since the role is focused on presentation, relatability and communicating enthusiastically to others the advantages of being part of the University culture.

Creating rapport, developing relationships with young learners under 16 can be challenging and a great opportunity to grow.
Pros
traveling, getting to know the local community
Productive and fun workplace
As a mentor for the university, I was in charge of helping other students with their academic progress. This was a good occasion for me to review the knowledge I gained throughout my first two years and also help a student in need.
incredible team work
i have learned work in a team a typical day at work are relaxed the management are professional and supportive. They also provided training as needed, i would say best place to work.
Part of PhD programme
This review should be ignored. I was an assistant lecturer at the university of Kent while undertaking my PhD. It would be helpful for indeed to have an option to skip these reviews where necesssary...
I enjoy working at the University of Kent
It can be very busy bit it's a great place to work.I would love to work there.If I get the opportunity I would not hesitate to work there.
The staff make you feel very welcome
nice place to work
i really enjoyed it and enjoyed myself and learned and attained new skills
i managed to be a diverse communicator and also a competent listener and improved on my computer skills
Nice place to work
Relaxed environment and excellent day to day management from academics. Many resources and things to do for students, including places to eat, rest and study.