University of Kent Employee Reviews

Good place to work when also a student
Open Day Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent11 November 2018
lunches were prodived and the team were very interactive and helpful when needed. Orientation meeting held beforehand was helpful and gave all the information I needed to carry out the job.
Fun and understanding work environment.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Kent19 October 2018
If you're a student while working for the University of Kent, then you're employers are incredibly understanding that sometimes you might have to cut your hours down sometimes due to assignments.

As a student ambassador, you can choose how much or how little you work and you can work in a wide variety of locations and job types.
Pros
Working in different environments
Cons
Lots of travelling
DDSS were a brilliant team doing brilliant work
Note-taker (Former Employee) –  Canterbury11 October 2018
It was my pleasure and privilege to work with this group of inspiring individuals and students. I only left because life was taking me into a different direction.
Senior Sports Officer (Former Employee) –  Kent9 October 2018
Fantastic place to work, wonderful people, great attitude and a real team mentality to all aspects of the job.

Typical day would be structured and methodical approach to the Operations and Facilities Management. The work was shift based so this allowed for smooth transition of work patterns and good handovers in terms of what work needed to be done where and when.

Management good, most of the time. Sometimes there was a tendency not to recruit or promote internally.

Learned a lot about prioritising workloads.

Best part of the job the people and culture.

Hardest part was trying to remain patient whilst wanting to move up the ladder.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Opportunity to progress missing
A great organisation to work for
Senior Invigilator (Former Employee) –  Medway, Kent24 September 2018
A great organisation to work for, the University of Kent is like a large work "family." They offer plenty of opportunities to advance and improve yourself.
Productive and fun
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent21 September 2018
Volunteering with The University of Kent was very productive as it was my "debut" in research. I quickly realized of the copious amounts of work, and thought that goes into research before the actual research actually starts. As a Research Assistant I had numerous tasks, but both my supervisor and the PhD student in charge of the project were always very welcoming and easy to talk to if I had any doubts. The hardest part of the job was at the beginning when I was feeling lost as I had never done any research for anything other than my own essays.
University life
Laundry Worker (Current Employee) –  Kent19 July 2018
Working at the University was great as it has given me the chance to take on new responsibilities and it has made me understand that I can do something when I put my mind to it. like filling out the scheduling paperwork for deliveries and keeping track of the laundry.
Pros
Great team
Cons
lack of hours and managers on weekends
Supportive and Enjoyable
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent4 July 2018
The research role was enjoyable as the shifts were flexible and relaxed. Working as a team with the same motives and interests was very helpful and pleasant.
Abiente de trabajo sano.
Profesor (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Reino Unido10 May 2018
Mi trabajo en la universidad consistía en diseñar el curso y dar las clases de audio y diseño sonoro. En el puesto tenía obligaciones administrativas
great experience
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Medway4 May 2018
get a chance to try many different tasks, so always new and exciting. great flexibility so easy to balance with university work. great opportunity to improve people skills.
Very considerate employer
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Kent28 April 2018
The Unviersity really care about their staff and the advancement of their staff. They encourage progression and are keen to retain their staff. Being a University its very multicultural and diverse.
Pros
Diverse
Cons
Can't think of one
WOnderful university
Beat ambassador (Former Employee) –  Kent6 April 2018
The university of kent is a fantastic university to obtain a degree. Providing great support, great teaching and great opportunities to take part in activities and work experience alongside my studies.
Loved working on Campus and enjoyed mixing with staff an students
Receptionist/Administrator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent6 April 2018
I worked as a Temp on the University's Temp Bank. My work was a variety of Administration and Receptionist. In various schools across Campus. I learned to be very adaptable to different job roles and to adjust to the different ways the various Schools worked.I found everyone I worked with very friendly and I was never treated as just a Temp. and quickly became part of the team. I enjoyed going to work.
The hardest part of the job was leaving after approximately 3 months. (The length of a contract).
Pros
The Friendly bussle of Campus life.
Cons
Limited parking on Campus.
A productive and flexible job.
Student Ambassador - Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Canterbury3 April 2018
This part-time job as a Tour Guide, Visitor Director, Mail Assistant and Receptionist settled comfortably with my degree work. The multiple roles meant I had to develop a number of skills I didn't even realize I possessed, and learn several more along the way.
Pros
Flexible responsibilities and different roles.
Cons
Occasional long hours, lack of regular work.
Great experience
Hotline Operator (Former Employee) –  London8 March 2018
Loved this job, I do it every year. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it allows me to put my customer service skills into action. The hardest part is the really long hours
cultural/ vibrant
Workshop Leader (Former Employee) –  gulbenkian24 February 2018
great for group crits , good access to materials and a safe working enviroment , strict deadlines but always have been given enough time to work through the tasks to ensure they are up to scratch and completeted.
Limited progression and poor pay
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kent21 February 2018
Limited progression and poor pay, bad salary, long hours, without pay that reflects the hours worked, unfavourable benefits and a poor work-life balance
Fun place alongside studies
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Canterbury20 January 2018
As a part of my degree it has also provided me a lot of extra curricular activities. It has different societies and i am part of Kent RaG, Business, and Girl-up.
Good
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Canterbury18 January 2018
The staff around the campus are abosolutely delightful with big smile and wonderful life stories, they will help you through everything. The services available are also extraordinary.
Excellent organisation to work for.
Student Success (EDI) Project Officer - Data (Former Employee) –  Kent2 November 2017
A great place to work. Good work-life balance with good benefits for employees. The atmosphere at the university is very relaxed, with lots of opportunities to enhance your personal development.