University of Huddersfield

University of Huddersfield Employee Reviews

United Kingdom96 reviews
Loved working with everyone there, they made me feel welcome and comfortable, and helped me grow my confidence as a person.

Would recommend to anyone
I had worked for the University twice and overall i enjoyed my time working there the environment was professional and they did take care of their employees. however on both occasions they did not give me a notice period and they had just left me high and dry with saying they will not require my services anymore.
Working in the University of Huddersfield Library was one of the high points of my university experience. The perfect workplace for a student, so convenient and adds another level to your university social life.
Advertise lots of "opportunities" for training but you never get any time to do any.

Management changed several times and the job role changed every few months.

They expected 1/3 of the team to do the same amount of work after lots of people left.

Some things were fun, and the students were OK.
Pros
Varied work - from data input to helping out at Open Days.
Cons
Lots of office politics and casual bullying
Excellence opportunities, discipled university with a very diverse student body and possibilities are countless for the people who want to learn and become better
A great atmosphere, especially if you like the challenge of being around and working with lots of different people. Something new to learn every day. Never boring or regimental.
Do not work here I was a student. Everyone is friendly and it's a fun and relaxed environment. Would recommend to anyone to come and study here you wont regret it.
excellent academic and support staff, very good academic and research resources.

The opportunities to learn and progress are excellent as is the tutor support and the online resources provided.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Great place to work for as they took my feedback on board and i was able to do my studies along side this role. I enjoyed working with people from different study areas.
A fun place to work that allowed for you to fit your study time around your hours. A good way of earning whilst studying. A variety of roles available, from leading tours and talking to potential students on open days to talking to visiting schools about the every day lives of university students to give them a flavour of university.
I was the only one working in this particular role at the university, and much of my work was at other institutions/organisation, therefore I cannot comment on others' experiences with the university
Staff are happy, upbeat and motivated - a positive environment.
Open to new ideas and have high ambitions for their students, and supportive of their careers after graduation.
Had a great experience while there. I learned a lot and built up my network. They give you real business jobs and you learn a lot through them. Definitely recommend.
As a lecturer in the classroom you are expected to teach students to think critically and encourage learners to form their own opinions. As a staff member your critical thinking will get you in big trouble as any form of thinking is not welcome. Massive staff turnover, you only have to look at vacancies - they never end. Worst workplace I have ever worked in...
Very good pay for students and the staff are very understanding that we are all students so take into consideration our uni work meaning there is a cap on the amount of hours you can do as a student ambassador, your learning is put first.
Pros
good pay
Cons
irregular jobs
Cannot criticise - fantastic place, aways feel welcomed and appreciated. Excellent research opportunities and allows for further career progression, alongside working with some fantastic leading academics
My time at the University was a pleasant one i really enjoyed working there as i could feel my own self development day by day and i really appreciated the staff going the extra mile to help guide my improvement.
Pros
Excellent experience gained and i was well mentored throughout my time there
Cons
The hours were a lot longer than what i was previously used to however i did get accustomed to it
I enjoy studying at Huddersfield and have been well supported in my journey here I have also achieved high grades and should graduate with the very least a 2:1
Pros
open door policy
Cons
too business like
The university is very accommodating especially if you are a student there and need extra support whilst also working. Its a place filled with diverse people from all of the work.
Have a golden chance to work with many supportive professors, the helpful team workers and partner in the local council in order to learn how to manage a project and how to work efficiently in a team.
I do carry out daily, weekly , monthly and yearly report on work done at various times in the year these involves the use of Microsoft office packages like the Microsoft word, excel, power point in preparing annual report on the facilities which also involves the planned and unplanned work done, budget spent during the period and proposed budget for the facilities and this allowed for proper engagement with the client at all times on what has been achieved and what is expected to me done. This also reduces the bottlenecks for progress and improved sustainable good practice at all levels. This was achieved by effective and efficient communication between the client and myself.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Huddersfield. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4