University of Hertfordshire Employee Reviews

Loved it
Content & Collections Administrator / Student Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire15 October 2019
Days at the uni varied, I learnt a lot about publishing and what it takes to run a large library. Management was friendly and understanding, and the workplace culture was welcoming and relaxed. The hardest part of the job was personally my own ability to remember all the new information that I was given but thankfully all the staff were happy to help and answer any questions I had.
Great Part Time Job
SEPnet Science Outreach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire14 October 2019
Good for skill building and for further career paths in Outreach and Science Communication. Great team and a lot of exciting experiences. You can develop your public speaking and physics/astronomy knowledge
Great for part-time work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire8 October 2019
Working for the University of Hertfordshire as a Student Ambassador was great as a part time job that can be used to fit around plans and day to day life.
Great place!
Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield24 September 2019
Typically Busy day
Engagement with students
Time management
A fantastic multicultural place
The hardest part: Outcomes come different to plan
Completed task.
Fun and Rewarding
Senior Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hatfield21 August 2019
When your job is to talk about sonething yiure passionate about, it's hard to go wrong.
The staff in the school of creative arts are all amazingly down to earth, friendly and understanding. It's a really fun place to work and you make lots of friends as you work with lots of different people but also tend to see a lot of the same faces.
Pros
Doing something you enjoy, making new friends all the time.
Cons
Long wait for pay, Irregular hours (bank)
A good job for those that already studied abroad and want to help others
Study Abroad Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire5 August 2019
typically I would advise students that are interested in studying abroad and talk about their options as well as the process and help them as much as I can.

The culture was quite relaxed for the position I held as I was still studying at the time.
Pros
flexible work times
Good place for studing
Researcher in RF Energy Harvesting (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire17 July 2019
Good place to study with highly motivated other PhD students.
Nice people busy
Summer Student Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield15 July 2019
It was a good place to work hard and to do some research. Socialising depends on what time of person you are, if you are happy to talk to people they are happy to talk to you too. The people seemed nice.
Great Summer studentship
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield24 June 2019
It is the perfect work experience that you can get if you stick around for the summer. You get to be independent and learn equipment, techniques and meet interesting people. It is also founded which gives you an extra motive to take part.
student representative for the students' union (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire19 June 2019
I was taught leadership skills in this role as well as learnt how to communicate with people better. My role was to hear the students reviews or complaints about a certain service or aspect of their experience in the university and report it to the relevant staff members. The workplace culture was flexible and relaxing and enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward i got when helping other people.
Pros
sense of community
Cons
no cons
terrible experience
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire28 May 2019
Working as a student ambassador was one of the most terrible experience in my life. I never got payed on time and sometimes I never got payed at all due to HR fault! The organization of ambassadors sometimes was very bad. I would strongly suggest to look for any other possible part time opportunity in Hatfield where you will be treated with care and get well- deserved money.
Pros
work as much as you want
Cons
constant payment issues and lack of organisation
good
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Hatfield1 April 2019
good experience where i learn a lot from well qualified lecturer. in addition of the facilities available such as laboratory which help students to implement theoretical concept into practical work
Fun place and good people to work with
Research Visiting Scholar (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire26 March 2019
I had been visiting for half a year in this university on a research project on natural language processing. The university is pretty close to London, a nice place to visit after work. Rich Castles, beautiful landscapes, nice food, and interesting accent.
really worth it
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire30 January 2019
great experience I really did enjoy this role for three years.

Was challenged everyday - everyday was different the people were lovely. The staff were okay.
Great place to study
Student (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire29 January 2019
A very warm environment with plenty of facilities and a lot of support and academic guidance from lecturers and tutors.Very friendly staff and the Library is very convenient to study and relax for hours.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Hatfield17 January 2019
Great workplace; friendly colleagues who all made me feel very welcome. Job was quite repetitive but this was to be expected from the start and I was warned of this. Overall an easy going yet efficient team with good management
My life as a student ambassador
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  University of Hertfordshire14 December 2018
Mostly i am helping out people at the university and people who want to enroll in the university by taking them capmus tours or tours regarding my academic degree and talking them about the life of uni some times we do school visits and do presentation for the university. its fun to meet new people from different places.
good
Student Placement (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire, UK2 December 2018
Has been an encouraging experience studying at university of Hertfordshire. It a serious minded institution with outstanding teaching method.I hope to put to practice all I have learnt here.
Pros
extra curriculum activities
Cons
outings
productive and well managed
Master's Student in Molecular Biology (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire2 November 2018
molecular biology masters has allowed me to work in laboratory sterile conditions which was the most critical part but the university has provided us with all the needed equipment to make it as easy and as efficient as it could be.
productive place of work
Lecturer in French and Italian Language (Current Employee) –  Hertfordshire25 October 2018
I prepare all seminars and lab seminar each week.
I research, write and submit examination papers twice a year.
I update weekly the university portal for the students.
Pros
good rate of pay