University of Greenwich Employee Reviews

Nursing
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Eltham30 August 2018
This is a good university to attend, very supportive of all of its students.
excellent placements at excellent hospital trusts with flexibilty on where you work
Room for progression
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  London24 August 2018
My time at Greenwich University was very enjoyable, the team were supportive and I was able to develop my quantitive research skills. The work was both interesting and challenging.
Hard working and fun.
Student (Former Employee) –  Greenwich15 August 2018
University life consisted of working hard and working together with other students to make sure everything was completed on time. Many hours were spent to make sure that work was good enough to get a sufficient grade.
Pros
Lots of help.
Cons
Could be stressful with heavy workloads.
Fun and friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London1 August 2018
Working within Greenwich University was welcoming experience as it was one of my first jobs they taught and provided me with the team-working skills I have today! Because the workload could easily get tedious (inputting data) they made sure that the environment was fun and energetic!
Pros
Regular breaks
My experience as a student
Student (Former Employee) –  Greenwich26 July 2018
I was a student at the University of Greenwich and have gained a positive experience. I have also been invited by the faculty to give a presentation to the oncoming students, advising them on how to gained the best outcome from the course.
Fun, motivational and relaxing
Graduate Trainee Events and Communications Officer (Former Employee) –  Avery Hill Campus, Eltham21 July 2018
A typical day of working at Greenwich University, whilst undertaking a challenging but fun role as a Graduate Trainee Events and Communications Officer at Greenwich University's Avery Hill Campus in Eltham. I had carried out a variety of administrative duties such as filling out important and confidential information to Greenwich University's Psychology Database, sending out emails to different event organisations and helping to organise events for the Psychology Department that I was working in.

I learnt through the help of my line manager, the essence of using Microsoft excel to its highest degree, which allowed me to complete set tasks faster and sufficiently.

In regards to having such a great, constructive and helpful line manager, I was able to excel within the department I was working at, to my best ability and allowed me to have outstanding friendships and professional relationships with my fellow colleagues.

The hardest part of the job was filling out some of the vital information in the database, as it entailed double checking to see if the information that was inputted were correct, which was at times time consuming and stressful, as I did not want to make any mistakes, although a few errors were made.

The most enjoyable part of working for Greenwich University's Psychology Department, was working in a high energy, positive and fun working environment with exceptional colleagues and with the support of an encouraging line manager help me to grow both as a person and employee.
Pros
Positive and fun office working atmosphere
Cons
Sometimess loud office environment
Junior Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London20 July 2018
I can't say much as I was only working part-time but it has been a great experience working here so far. The pay is good, the people are very helpful and it is culturally diverse.
Great for students and alumni
CRM Executive (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London27 June 2018
Friendly environment, friendly colleagues, welcoming
Full training, licenses
Goal driven culture, clear communication on all levels
Flexible, especially for students
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwich29 May 2018
Taking payments, Dealing with queries, providing information to students, taking new students to their halls of residents. dealing with complaints within the residence.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Flexible working hours
My experience with University of Greenwich
CRM Assistant &Digital Analyst (Former Employee) –  Greenwich16 May 2018
I always look forward to each day going to work, because I had a supportive Line Manager who gives the necessary support needed to achieve specified targets. The organisation organised paid training to help me learn the technical tools I used for the job. I laernt presentation skills, improved my communication skills. You're allowed to work remotely
Job security and flexible working
Employability Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 May 2018
Varied work; a diverse group of students and staff. A relaxed place to work at times with a strong sense of identity. Strong emphasis on staff development and education.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Politics
Great people, management styles vary
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Greenwich8 May 2018
The thing I miss the most is the people. They are a friendly lot, it is one of those places where colleagues become friends. Throughout my time there I had a few different managers and also worked alongside different managers and this is what really varied throughout. Styles varied from quite dictatorial to engaging managers which creates quite an incoherent culture.

Great things about it... good pay for the sector, it was a short commute, and they really value your home time so hardly was ever asked to stay longer. However, no flexibility in other terms is not really existent. The projects I got involved with were varied and I absolutely loved that!
Pros
people
Cons
leadership
Flexibility, comradeship
Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Old Royal Naval college4 April 2018
Part of the research institution within the university, I am very sad to leave my job due to lack of funding. The current project ends without additional funding. Hence I have to find another job.
Workplace
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, Greater London26 March 2018
I dont really have a typical day at work as mine is very different on a daily basis which is what makes it interesting. I deal mainly with Academic staff, but have also managed a team of 10 administrative staff. I have and do work with the Management Team but also colleagues from across the sector. I would say the most enjoyable part of my work is seeing tasks undertaken come to a successful conclusion.
Pros
Annual Leave entitlement is very generous
Cons
Woking longer hours to achieve success in tasks that I am given
Fantastic Place to Work
CONTRACT PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greenwich22 March 2018
I worked at Greenwich as an Contract IT Project Manager. It was one of my most enjoyable assignments in my career. The team were supportive, the staff were helpful and committed and the environment including the Royal Naval College buildings were an excellent place to work. I will always look back at my time at Greenwich with fondness and feel that I am very grateful for the opportunity to have worked there from 2015-2017
Pros
Everything about it!
its ok
communications officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London22 March 2018
i am managing social media accounts on my daily basis I also research and analyse how well the posts were doing on various social media platforms, the hours are good
educational and great experience
Graduate Project support officer (Current Employee) –  Greenwich8 February 2018
normal day would consist of making decisions on which are urgently required followed by meeting to discuss with my supervisor on how to approach the tasks. The role has taught me the value of time management and working in conjunction with other staff members. I have increased my presentation skills by presenting university students. The hardest part was collecting data from busy staff in order to update a database.
Fun workplace
Mathematics Society Primetimes Co-Editor (Former Employee) –  London10 January 2018
Typical day would include meeting with other committee members, collating articles received from lecturers and students, and editing the Primetimes Magazine.
During my time as editor I learned the importance of proper time management and organisation, as well as having the opportunity to improve my reporting and presentation skills.
Hardest part of the role was collecting all the different articles for the magazine which made the end product all worth it.
Productive and fun company.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Greenwich20 November 2017
Productive and fun company. Main duties performed:
 Performing/assisting during events
 Presenting university for guests
 Giving lectures at schools
Great building
Midwifery (Former Employee) –  Greenwich11 October 2017
I found alot of the staff to be unapproachable here which sadly didnt help me with my course. The building itself and the ground are amazing. A great place.