UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE

UNIVERSITY OF GLOUCESTERSHIRE Employee Reviews

United Kingdom32 reviews
Setting up events and giving university tours. I learned valuable interpersonal skills. The management was very good and fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of people.
Being a residential assistant gives you a place to live and a chance to enjoy halls again. It isn't paid but you do get a deduction off rent. Boss was nice to me.
We were allowed free reins to do however many or as little hours as we wanted with the job role which allowed flexibility and colleagues who worked alongside were very friendly and similar minded. Made the job enjoyable.
UoG has a great culture and everyone is focused on providing the best learning environment and experience for students. All the staff I have worked with are friendly and supportive - definitely recommended. Plus the benefits package including pension and annual leave is sector leading.
This is a stock review. I don't know how to skip this aspect of the review process, which I didn't want to complete in the first place. I don't know what to say otherwise.
Cosy and and friendly work environment. They ensure you're well trained and confident in your role and never rush you into anything you haven't done before, especially when it comes to public speaking.
I worked with the University on multiple occasions, taking photographs of the Media Festival week for the University to use for promotion of events. The atmosphere was always relaxed and I was able to access support whenever necessary
Recent poor decisions on capital spend that were not needed has left the University with a financial headache that has led to extensive cuts of highly experience and able staff whilst the poor managers remain. As a result there is a highly toxic environment. Staff feel insecure and have no confidence in the management, something reflected in a recent Union vote. There is little job security.
Pros
decent annual leave and pay
Cons
poor management, toxic environment, no career progression, poor job security
Great job role and a brilliant team.
Thoroughly enjoyed working for UoG being part of the success for apprenticeships.

Working hours promote good work/life balance.
As a student, I was given the opportunity to represent my school in the university. My responsibilities revolved around meeting with students and lecturers and provided me with key leadership understanding and skills.
good place to work with good pay. Ideal for the students who live and study at gloucester. It works around you'r schedule, so brilliant oppourtunity to earn extra money while at uni
During my placement with the All Golds at the Prince of Wales stadium in Cheltenham, I was emailing and contacting a lot of different people and each week it was someone different it was vital that I managed and organised all of their information. It was also important that I had coordinated all the different aspects that went into a successful game as much in advance as I could, for example the caterers needed to know how many players and guests they were cooking for 3 days in advance which meant I had to make sure I had contacted the opposition as soon as I could to get a response.
The University of Gloucestershire was a great place to work. I was only on a temporary contract but during my time there the Future Plan team were welcoming and friendly to work alongside.
• Within this role you are required to use online software to track registers and details of participants that attend sessions ran each week at the University.
• Keep regular contact via email, text and phone call with your supervisors as needed.

• Organise the content for each of these sessions depending on the ability of the players that attend that day.

Was a lot of fun, encouraged you to meet new people and gain some great experience in suing different software and having responsibility.
Pros
Great communication and kit
Cons
Lack of funding and equipment
Responsibilities in this job revolved around talking to students in your school, which meant you got to know a lot of people and helped with social skills and team-working skills. The role is useful for students who want to make a difference in the university and work with others who are representatives of their respective schools.
Pros
Ability to take part in university meetings
Cons
Students may not always turn up to meetings
Excellent teacher training course through link with Swindon SCITT. The course leaders are very supportive and provide high quality training, as well as on call pastoral support.
Working for the University was the best thing I ever did, you are able to choose which days you work and aren't forced to sign up to anything you don't wish to. Pay is good and free lunch is included.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
There isn't always work available
An ambitious university that is seeking to grow student numbers and deliver excellent services. Good working conditions and flexible approaches to work.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Work can be very intense at times
University of Gloucestershire is a small university with big ambitions both for its staff and its students. I transitioned from student to a lecturer because I wanted to benefit from the kind of professional support and development that I could see was available to the academics working there.
Pros
Beautiful location, friendly team, supportive management
Cons
Salaries are average for the sector
Good benefits, but very poorly managed and no culture.

Doomed to repeat it's mistakes. Eg. get rid of drama degrees, then bring them back. Some departments get restructured/relocated every few years, even though they only need a phone and internet access... a complete waste of time and resources. Some have moved more than 5 times in the last 10 years

Seriously needs to get it together....
Benefits
Cons
Poor management, no culture
A great team spirit and work ethic. A nice place to work with lots of benefits. Always looking to grow existing employees.

Parking can be difficult depending on the campus you are based at.