University of Exeter

University of Exeter Employee Reviews

United Kingdom94 reviews
Great Student Ambassador Role
This job provides great flexibility, allowing you to choose work to fit around your studies. Working at a variety of different event, such as open days, campus tour or delivering session in schools across the South-West of England means you are always using and learning different skills.
Relaxed
Diverse range of academics on one campus, focusing mainly on whole organism biology. Opportunities for networking and making connections outside of the university.
Friendly and Supportive working environment
Very nice place to work in terms of the people and the physical campus environment.
May become more stressful depending on the security of the revenue stream in future.

Good to work for a well-regarded institution.
Good environment but impossible to get shifts
While working for University of Exeter, I only received the training. I applied for many other jobs but was only given one shift. They hire too many people for their work and therefore I would advise going for a different job if you require regular income.
Progressive
They want to be a top 10 University and are investing heavily in people and technology to do this. Lots of areas to improve but overall a great place to work
Pros
Beautiful campus
Good work is held up by admin
Great science occurs despite administration trying to hold it up at every opportunity.
Great people. Great equipment. Management tries to interrupt this at every opportunity.
Amazing and fulfilling
I work as PTA at the Uni of Exeter and it is a fantastic job and would recommend anyone doing a postgrad here to do the same. The rate of pay is very good and the work environment and culture is second to none. The E-Claims and expenses system is easy to use and other members of staff (academic, technical and administrative) and students are friendly.
Student ambassador
My employers are all very friendly and eager to help if I come across a problem. I get along well with my colleagues and enjoy working here very much. I enjoy working with the kids and encouraging them to pursue a tertiary education.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Exeter?
Good benefits and wide variety of jobs
The university favours those already employed with them but the benefits are good and they have flexible working patterns. There is a wide variety of jobs available at any time.
GOOD job security,with good hoilday time off.
My honest review.
The UNIVERSITY is not a bad place to work ,and its all about how to improve and bring an overall customer experience to the customers and your team .
Rewarding and interesting teaching
I enjoy the experience of working in the classroom alongside working from home online. Blended-learning is way to achieve in the working environment at Duryard, which I've done on a contractual basis
Handy and easy going
while studying at uni if you can get a job for the uni its ideal as its flexible well paid and right on your door step. The work isn't hard but still has you occupied. Overall a good way for some extra money at uni.
Be prepared for consent changes and favouritism
I went through 4 restructures within 15 years and decided to leave to try something new the only thing I miss is the amount of holiday you were entitled to take
Excellent part time student job
Wide variety of jobs that fit very well around a busy timetable or voluntary commitments, with very good pay for a job of this type. The nature of the allocation of jobs through a central calendar allows you to cut down on work at busy times, or take on more when you can.
Productive and relaxed workplace
It was fun working with students from different cultural backgrounds.
Learning about and trying to solve problems students were facing at University helped develop my communication and problem-solving skills. I really enjoyed sharing my experiences with students and how I solved the problems I faced. I was able to learn a lot about people from different countries and their approaches to dealing with unfortunate situations.
Great place to learn
Range of tasks, so a great place to develop . Open and nice working culture. 39 days holiday is probably the biggest bonus and pay isnt the highest in the sector
Flexible and friendly
The work hours as an ambassador are fully flexible to fit around studies. The recruitment process is competitive enough to find the most outgoing and confident students, which makes colleagues very pleasant to work with. A very supportive work environment.
good place to work, but not enough compensation outside of salaried roles.
Good place to work, but not enough compensation outside of salaried roles. A fast-paced work environment that thrives on employees with good time management and delegation skills.
A great place to work
I loved working there and would love to return. Especially good if you can work on a full time contract but also good on a 40 week contract. You will love it there too.
Produktive Arbeitsort
Es gibt über 250 Gesellschaften an der Universität Exeter. Mein Aufgabengebiet war nicht nur die Absprache, Organisation und Betreuung von Veranstaltungen, sondern auch die Unterstützung, Assistenz und Entwicklung der studentischen Gesellschaftsleiter.

Entwickelt Kenntnisse: Flexibel, Teamfähigkeit, Pro-aktiv
Free thinking people need not apply, perfect job for robots
Although in general the University is set in a lovely location and job security is pretty good, ingenuity in individuals is frowned upon. It is very easy to ‘get lost’ in the melee of middle management, and this does also create issues in that one manager will tell you to do one thing but another something different. If you are lucky enough to teach in the academic side of the University things are pretty rosy but if you are in the services sector then expect to be treated as a second class employee, with less advantageous incentives, the pension scheme is a classic example of this... the grade system used is also a little bias... the higher grade you are the more holiday you are entitled to. Flexible working will be advertised but hardly ever given.
Pros
Lovely location, job security
Cons
Muddled management, bias grading incentives