UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON Employee Reviews

Very Fun
Course leader (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2018
Was a great opportunity to be able to teach a class on something I'm passionate about. We received free lunches and I got such a sense of achievement working here.
It was fun profitable
ECDL Tutor (Current Employee) –  London5 May 2018
It was a fun and also productive, some times its really heard especially when you meet with slow learners, but for me was good because it's helps me to be more productive in my tutoring.
Average, easy place to work, a lot of paper pushing.
n/a (Former Employee) –  East London, Greater London26 February 2018
Fun place to work, can be difficult as the internal communication functions are very poor.
Management structure is ok in some areas and very poor in others.
Pros
work benifits (pension, holiday and vouchers)
Cons
management structure and constant restructures
fun and teamwork spirit
Curriculum/Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London15 February 2018
I joined the ambassador theme to be able to give back to society while studying. it is a part time job to provide me with pocket money.
but the main reason with to get and opportunity to engage with young eager minds willing to gain more in life. To have an opportunity to encourage students to proceed education in higher level and to aim for a successful career life brings me genuine happiness.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
not stable
working with great minds
Temp (Former Employee) –  London10 February 2018
Its a great place to work with other great minds. As an employee you get to learn even while working to up skill yourself. I enjoyed working with the people I met.
Pros
working with great minds
Volunteer Research Assistant
Research Assistant/Voluntary (Current Employee) –  London3 February 2018
Helping a PHD student with her research into children's behavior. Analyzing results, setting up the lab for testing and writing up reports. It also involved completing questionnaires with parents.
Pros
good experience
Cons
fun and learn transferable skills
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London24 January 2018
fun and enjoyable day, get to meet students from all background and sit on panels and put forth ideas of how we can improve for the coming academic year.
Very enjoyable
Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  London17 January 2018
The hardest part of the job is when you missed payment of a staff and them not happy about it as you have to delay their payment till the next pay. I have really enjoyed working here and it has really given me the experience.
Good place to study
Mature Student (Current Employee) –  London10 January 2018
It's a University....So it's kinda of strange to have a write a review to be able to upload a CV to this website. It's a good place to study and the lectures are interesting.
fun
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  East London17 September 2017
loved working there the staff was lovel and the students were friendly and lovely working hours were nice working hours. Until i phoned up to say that i will not be coming in today as there are no buses. Three weeks later i got the sack all because i could not get into work
Pros
free lunch and drinks
Cons
managerment

Want to know more about UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON?

Ask a question
Ok
Marketing (Former Employee) –  London5 September 2017
Some of the managers are really good but some are clueless and scared to loose the job, this has repercussions on all the members of the team. all in all is a place with potential if more open to a flat-hierarchy approach.
Pros
it's a 9am-5pm office job
Cons
See above
Student Representative (Current Employee) –  London18 August 2017
very good beeneficial and great place, happy to work there and be a member of the team, we love the fact that we get every posibility to develop ourselves and so on
Pros
yess
Cons
dfre
A fun, diverse organisation!
Library and Information Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford and Docklands Campus18 August 2017
As a previous Library & IT staff, a typical day at the library is busy and could sometimes be very hectic during term time and exams period.But all in all a great place to work
Pros
free commute with campus bus to other campuses
great staff and learned a lot
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Docklands, Greater London26 July 2017
I worked here for around 18 months after Uni. This is a great place for part time work. Great staff to work with, good pay as they start you on living wage for London and give you sound holiday package. The spread of work is interesting and work colleagues helped me to focus on getting tasks completed and helped me to improve without being over critical. Managers I met were supportive and took an interest. There is a nice vibe, people smiling and clear about university as it serves east london. Would definitely have liked to stay on as could see potential career. Have kept in touch with few people so will try to get back. Thank you UEL for giving me the best start to my working life.
Pros
good support which increased my skills. good integration and communication between departments
Cons
no parking but tube line and bus service is good
good staff
Site Assistant (Former Employee) –  London19 July 2017
friendly and welcoming lecturers encourage young students to beleive in themselves and to try new things using their own valition if oyu will so good practice
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours
A relaxed and informal environment
Digital resources intern (Former Employee) –  Docklands campus19 July 2017
As an intern my job was to assist the IT team in the transfer of services from an internet to an intranet environment. My work experiences in the past have been intense and demanding, working to very tight deadlines. Working in a University was a lot slower and not demanding. This initially gave myself a few problems in adapting to a work culture that was not profit driven but service driven. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a lunch hour. In the previous 35 years of employment, a lunch hour was not allowed or given.
Good
Student (Current Employee) –  Student10 July 2017
This is a new role which will require a high level of organisation and the individual will be required to manage and prioritise multiple requests, often simultaneously! The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter, have lots of enthusiasm and initiative and be looking to further their administrative career. The role will require the candidate to make it their own and would suit someone who is prepared to go above and beyond for their bosses. The role is part of an exciting and growing area of the business and there are opportunities to take on additional projects if the candidate has the ambition to grow the role.
It is a fun place workplace, great team work and room for growth and promotion
Clearing Desk Support and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  London23 June 2017
A typical day is talking to potential students who are looking for admission on the phone, Data entering, Touring the campus with new students, I also arrange and supervise student taking the entrance exams. A typical day also involves calculating students UCAS points and making sure that they have enough points to study on a particular course or an alternative course that may interest them. My main aim is to guide students make the best decision for them.
Pros
Very rewarding, for instance to see student you helped, graduated
Cons
It can be very busy during admission week, you may have to have miss lunch sometimes.
I have learnt alot at UEL
Careers Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London13 June 2017
I have been at UEL for 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here . I was fortunate to have a line manager who was a great believer in CIPD and autonomy. I was also lucky enough to work in a cohesive , collegiate and supportive team. This enabled me to be instrumental in developing the UEL Professional Development Award, that awarded students for developing their employability skills .
I was also given the opportunity of create and deliver employability workshops to over 2k students over a 3 year period.
Overall I have had a positive experience and am now looking to further develop my career.
Pros
The opportunity to grow and develop
Cons
There is alot of turnoil at the moment casusing uncertainty
pleasant Community
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London7 June 2017
A vibrant community to work for, I felt at home and everyone was welcoming. Great environment for work and socialising, in addition great opportunity for progression.