UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE Employee Reviews

Very good
Student (Current Employee) –  Dundee21 August 2017
I have enjoyed my time at the university of dundee, it has been very rewarding and has given me the skills needed to progress in the world of work, it has been very beneficial
Great
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Dundee, UK16 May 2017
Good school, helpful staff, good atmosphere. Able to learn lots and get to know interesting people. Only started recently but looking forward to continuing.
Anatomical Demonstrator/ Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dundee City14 March 2017
Excellent, friendly and enjoyable place to work. The management are organised and mindful of each employee. They consider allow you to see further training and advance personal skills.
Great academic environment, excellent work culture and a powerful team to work with
Accounting and Finance Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dundee, Angus5 January 2017
It was really exciting when I had to teach investment appraisals ( level 200 students). I made the mode of teaching so simple and the students really loved it. They are always excited and thankful at the end of the semester. Dundee University has a great team to work with. The most enjoyable part of the exercise was my interactions with students. They make teaching fun and fulfilling.
Pros
Satisfying and exciting
Cons
Stressful but manageable
Great to work in but limited job security
Post-doctoral Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Dundee21 November 2016
Great colleagues, enjoyable environment to work in. However senior management in School somewhat lacking. Poor job security, similar to most academic institutions in that respect.
Friendly
Student (Former Employee) –  Dundee23 October 2016
It is a nice place to study and make friends.I learnt a lot from this University. I am very proud of this experience. I will recommend this university to my friends in the future.
challenging and loads of fun
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dundee16 October 2016
I enjoyed working at university of dundee, my colleagues assisted me when i needed help. The daily interaction with students gave me great pleasure and i got to apply my interpersonal skills on everyday basis.
Productive and Developing Work Place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Dundee8 October 2016
Having been working as a tutor helped me to learn about the academia. First of all, I learned what it means to work in the academic staff that requires discipline and responsibility. On the other hand, I saw that working as a tutor is also brings a lot of fun with being in contact with students on a daily basis. At the beginning, I began to learn how to prepare the course content, how to present the lecture and how to start debates in seminar session which I received useful advises from the module leaders. Furthermore, I worked with other tutors in a structured way which increased my confidence in the business environment. I think the most difficult part of the job is to familiarize students to the course and get their attention who do not seem to enjoy the course whereas the most enjoyable part of the job is to having debates and presentations in seminar session which the students begin to make critical thinking and productive discussions.
Good on the short term, long term development is might be difficult for some.
Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Dundee18 February 2016
Nice place allowing opportunities for grant writing, advance technology and collaboration in the short term. Lack of opportunities and support when you work there after few years.
university review
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT17 November 2015
field work in Montrose basin. Collection separation and identification of marine species. worked as part of a team and on own initiative. Focused on completing work and to a high degree of accuracy.
Great rapport with Doctors and technicians. Hardest part is looking for minute animals in substrate and most enjoyable was identification of specie in detail.
Pros
Rapport with everyone
Cons
smell of preservative
Fun
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT20 September 2015
Great position for students as it is a part time position. Great fun to meet new people and to learn new skills.

Management is great, provide you with full training and support.
Universidade de Ponta
Pesquisadora (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT31 August 2015
Em resumo...foi a melhor época da minha vida! Oportunidade de estudo e aquisição de conhecimento única.
Pros
Tudo
good, interesting place to work
Kinase Profiling (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT5 August 2015
Interesting work, good work mates, varied and busy. Under resourced at times which makes it quite stressful. Good benefits from working at a University.
Enjoyable workplace
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dundee, SCT14 January 2015
I gained a lot of experience during my work experience at the UNIVERSITY OF DUNDEE, I interacted with a lot of staff members and felt welcome throughout my time in the office. I gained a lot of experience about computers and the certain hardware/programmes needed to complete each task given in an administrators job. The management was run excellently.
Flexible time keeping
Senior Technician (Current Employee) –  Dundee City, SCT25 June 2014
Intersting Research facilities
Interesting work
Good work ethics
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
out of hours work, fixed slary, poor upgrading system, temporary contracts
Great place to study
Student (Current Employee) –  Dundee, SCT7 February 2014
All lecturers are readily available to help when required and are all very knowledgable. Course teaches a lot about various applications for structural engineer. On completion one will be considered a well rounded graduate who is ready to tackle many industries and roles.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Fast paste enviroment
Technical Support Supervisor (Laboratory) (Current Employee) –  Dundee, SCT19 January 2014
Have to be efficient and very proactive on a daily basis to the demands of our customer. I have to work between several Laboratories and wash-up facility. I work under strict guidelines regarding the transport,Autoclave and Sterilize of Laboratory Equipment and chemicals and adhere to strict standard operating procedures. The job can be physically demanding on a day to day basis, my personal strengths and ability to work accurately, calmly and productively under pressure help me to adapt and transfer my skills with confidence and have excellent attention to detail. I have a great deal of interaction with my co - workers and various colleagues within the college of life science on a daily basis.I enjoy working as part of the team,an element of my previous posts and am supportive of fellow staff members.
Productive and fun workplace
Information Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dundee, SCT24 August 2013
I enjoy working in this dynamic environment.

I have been involved in exciting projects.

I have gained valuable experience and developed my quantitative skills even further.
Interesting work in a comfortable environment.
Forensic Laboratory and Mortuary Technician (Current Employee) –  Dundee, SCT16 June 2013
A typical day in the lab would involve: logging in of samples received the previous day. Testing of the equipment to ensure everything is working as it should. Sample preparation and analysis. Assist toxicologists and students with research projects. General housekeeping.

I learned how to enhance the skills I developed at university in analytical chemistry.

Management are excellent to work with a fully understand the needs of their employees. I was also granted the opportunity to undertake a Masters degree funded by the department.

The most rewarding part of the job was being involved in forensic case work. The most difficult was dealing with cadavers in the mortuary.
Pros
Fully funded Masters degree
Cons
No flexi-time.