University of Central lancashire

University of Central lancashire Employee Reviews

United Kingdom97 reviews
Lovely people and staff
Working in the sports centre was great, met so many nice people and provided plenty of experience in my areas of interest. The facilities are very modern, clean and always presentable and the staff are so friendly.
Very good
My job experience at UCLAN was very good and satisfactory. I have completed the training in the time allocated and was successful. Welcome keep it up.
Pros
Friendly.
Cons
Old equipment
productive
i helped first years with any issues that might had and chat with them if they need anything i would help them solve issues and suggest study techniques
Would recommend
A very good place to work in terms of work/life balance. Great perks and benefits in terms of holidays, pay, flexitime etc. The only downside is the progression side of things really. They seem to restructure a lot and then move people around so the people further down don't get much chance to get higher as people are put in the positions higher during restructures.
Pros
Good flexibility/wages/perks
Cons
Not much chance for progression
Productive & Relaxed Workplace
One of the best workplaces I have ever worked for. The team are super friendly and nice. The managers are very supportive. I would love to work for UCLan again. The only problem is the contracts are fixed and short.
productive
We worked very long hours but, the outcome was outstanding. Currently filing provisional patency in which I am the co-investigator in. In the end, all the hard work was paid off.
Sports Assistant
Each day can be quite different due to the nature of the job and being part of the casual staff there is always something new to learn. I enjoy meeting the new people that come and use the sports facilities
Enjoyable work place
I enjoyed working at the University of Central Lancashire as the work place was calm and friendly. I developed many skills whilst working here and I definitely developed as a person.
Productive and supportive work place
I am a student at UCLan, I work in a supportive and happy environment. My job role is professional and my head/manager provide us full guidance in the work time when needed. I learned team work and problem solving skills in this place.
It’s a uni not a job
But I had an amazing experience learning here. It taught me so much about singing, acting, dance and the industry! Which gave me challenges and opportunities that you can’t gain alone.
Fun workplace using a few leadership skills and knowledge
Everyday you worked with people there, trying to teach them what you know with complete freedom the fact that the management trusted us and allowed us to take the work in our own hands. The workplace culture is easy going and rushing is not necessary since you have time to workout at the end of the day aswell. The hardest part of the job was sometimes not many students were coming due to exams and summer period and the most enjoyable part was seeing each client and student make a different in their lifestyle, by making the right choices and choosing a healthy life instead.
Fun and productive place
I usually work in laboratory whereby I carry out my experiments.
I have done some teaching at university and supervised postgraduate students.

I would like t work in another sector to be able to acquire more experiences
Professional and friendly
Overall I found the environment to be professional but friendly. The other staff were welcoming and happy to help. Sometimes tedious tasks but always manageable workload.
Fun and interactive
Fun and Interactive work environment. However, a little chaotic due to the number of staff, too many people to organise between.

A typical day would be meeting and greeting prospective students with their parents, showing them around the university and answering any questions they may have had. This role also provided office work by filling in information of potential students onto the online database.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours, pay and hours were irregular
Fun and fulfilling workplace
I worked here as a member of the Welcome Team. A typical day for me included signing in and changing into my uniform. I mainly worked the city and campus tours which involved taking a group of potential students and their families around the city/campus on a 30-40min tour. Explaining what student life is like and answering any questions before directing them where they can see further sights at UCLan. I learned time management and how to correctly address questions should I not be aware of the answer (directing them to someone who I believed would know). This was an enjoyable and easy feeling job - I admit I didn't feel any stress whilst working here/
Pros
Lovely people to work with, paid training days.
Cons
Long hours.
Great staff
being a student at Uclan is a fun and challenging experience,
great support provided from lecturers and supervisors,

great balance between exams and coursework
Great support
Great support for students at university as the pay is great, the hours are flexible to suit personal circumstances and great variety of opportunities to try different roles.
Great atmosphere
Everyone is friendly and welcoming. So many opportunities are available through this role to get involved with which are available to all student ambassadors to apply for.
I look forward to going to work!
Fun place of work, with friendly bosses
A good place to work with a friendly team with the same goals in mind. Bosses are easy to approach with any problems that I may have. Great paid work for a student.
Pros
Happy friendly place to work and great salary
Cons
Long hours sometimes
fun place to work
great place to work, good shifts great student job good management and co workers.flexible hours and good pay for a student, uniform provided and weekly pay
Sufficient introduction to teaching and mentoring
Being a PASS leader meant mentoring new students of the University of Central Lancashire and assisting them on both study and social life. Most of the work resolved around teaching key basic topics, which was challenging and enjoyable.

PASS leadership was only contracted for one year though so there was no real advancement.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Central lancashire. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4