University of Brighton

University of Brighton Employee Reviews

United Kingdom66 reviews
I wanted a part time job to get me through term times. It's great part time work because they work around your university timetable and you dont have to worry about the holidays. Additionally you meet lots of students you wouldn't ordinarily meet
I enjoyed studying at the university. I did not have a job here it was purely to become a student midwife, I then decided that this was not the career path I wanted to take.
Productive environment for both learning and working, allowing for innovation and support and structure where and when required. Secure and easygoing work environment
Working for the university of Brighton was a great way to earn extra money during my studies. I was very comfortable and confident working here. I would recommend other students to look into this opportunity.
Great work atmosphere, working with fellow and potential students, flexible working hours. Loads of different positions within the role and with great communication.
providing tours for hopeful physiotherapy students applying to the university of brighton
giving an insight of student life and the course

answering any questions and giving personal advice
Great place to work with flexible working opportunities. Provides a good work life balance and a far salary for the work done. Team environment with a no blame policy. Genuinely nice place to work.
In spite of its difficulties and the eventual decision to close one of its campuses, The University Of Brighton was an interesting place to work. This was quite a challenging place to be because the attitudes and behavior of the senior management.
I worked only briefly, for three months here, as I received a better job offer elsewhere. I would describe my experience at Brighton as a very useful learning experience. The staff is supportive. The location is convenient and serene.
A great place to work with excellent support from senior leadership team. Easy to manage work life balance and excellent rate of pay for work to go alongside working as a student
Everyone who I have either had to work with or come in to contact with across the University are lovely and for the most part hard working people with a passion for providing a HE experience to it's students. Problems with divide between academic and professional roles.

Varied and some really interesting roles a great organisation to work for generally but found difficult to progress from administrative to more senior roles.
Pros
The people
Cons
divide between academic and professional roles and between lower grades and management.
The company has been through a lot of changes because they've been manages badly in the past and lost a lot of money. It's the kind of place where managers who make expensive mistakes but keep their heads down get themselves promoted and where people who try to make things better are sacked. Don't get me wrong, the regular staff are great, the ones who do all the work are really nice, caring and supportive, it's the senior management team who cause all the problems. And then make themselves directors! It's a joke. And makes for a very stressful working environment. I have never worked somewhere where so many people have had to start taking antidepressants because it's such a rubbish place to work. They sacked the wellbeing coordinator, which says it all really.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Bad management
Fantastic employer with great rates of pay and Christmas off. Hard to get a permanent contract at the moment so all roles are 12 months long. Hopefully this will change.
Friendly staff and colleagues. Clear, communicative management but too risk adverse resulting in slow processes across the board. A good, comfortable place to work for a few years to gain some good experience.
Pros
Good benefits- pension/ holiday
Cons
Office environment poor.
The uni hire students for events or part time jobs. I’d defo recommend if you’re a student too. Really great pay and you work w other students so fun.
Pros
Pay and Staff
Cons
Infrequent hours
University of Brighton is one of the few universities which actually is dedicated 100% for teaching students. The teacher will chase after us to do the work and you can see that they actually put in the effort.
Pros
Free food on ocassions
Cons
N/a
The University of Brighton is a great place to work. Everyone I have worked with over 8 years including students and all the staff in every department; academic, catering, library or support staff have been friendly, professional and helpful.
The lecturers and support staff are highly professional, passionate about their subjects and enthusiastic and happy to engage in discussions and answer questions.
Pros
Inspiring and facinating environment, I'm always learning.
Cons
The hours in my role fluctuate depending on student directed support needs.
Please be aware that the HR department here is absolutely useless in every respect. Endless petty requests for the same information, extremely rude staff and frustrating delays with everything. They delight in exercising their petty powers and drive staff to distraction. I left my position almost immediately due to their utter incompetence.
Cons
represented civil engineering students for my bachelors degree as a member of a course representative. Dealt with the academic board when issues arise. Was great experience and got to learn a lot
Pros
experience, good hours, fun
Cons
no cons
The University of Brighton catering team was a fun place to earn some extra income during my first year of Uni. The staff were friendly and accommodating and it was fun being able to work alongside and serve my fellow students.
Pros
free food
Cons
unsociable hours
i had a zero hour contract, so the uni emailed me the job opportunities and i could apply for those i was available for. great to earn some extra money while at uni. i also met a lot of fellow student while working.
Pros
Free refreshments, well paid, flexible
Cons
could go months without working
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University of Brighton. Our community is ready to answer.
University of Brighton Reviews by Location