University of Bedfordshire

University of Bedfordshire Employee Reviews

United Kingdom103 reviews
A good place to work really liked the environment, management is ok would definitely work there again , but with a higher pay. Friendly environment, great benefits!
Benefits
Cons
Great opportunity to build a professional CV. Also, there is the opportunity to work close to academics in order to deliver a common goal. Open days are full of fun and positive vibes.
This was a great experience.I learnt a lot from the staff.I was only there for a week, each day I was working in a different sector of I.T this kept me interested as I was gaining more knowledge on I.T.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Small work space
I’ve work as volunteers as class rep. But all the administrators and lectures are very helpful during my work. They also supportive . I’d recommend all the students to take the opportunity if they get on
Good University. Offered the opportunity to develop both technically and personally. Lots of good staff. The location was good, easy to get to london.
Good university good people if you need help is always at hand and the university if stuck with any assignments you can go to the library as someone is always there to help.
i was working under my supervisor that is why i cant tell about the whole culture but overall i think everyone is supportive and supports research culture.
I was 6 months into my probation period my manager wanted me doing tasks which only an experience FEA could only do jobs that was not in my CV. I was a soft target for her she didn't have anything against me my work performance was excellent relationship with other colleagues was perfect but my manager was vial women who created an stressful situation where as a result I am now suffering from a long term illness.
The University of Bedfordshire is the University I graduated from and spent 2 1/2 years working at. In terms of the work, it's incredibly slow-paced. There is also a clear top-down hierarchy which suits people who have a) are happy to show up, grind out and go home or b) are good at playing "the game".

It takes a long time for anything to get done as it's either decision by committee or those who are decision makers simply don't. The culture is politically charged and dissent will not be tolerated (which is ironic for a seat of learning). I've learnt that this is endemic of higher education as a whole.
Was a very good place to study. I met friends for life and experience in the field of work will forever be needed. The only problem would be the help given mentally to students.
Excellent team of lecturers. Good environment to meet other students who are training to be teachers. The travelling back and forth to university can be quite tiring, especially after a week of teaching
University is poorly resourced and that is reflected in the management (good staff go elsewhere).

Management operate on a principle of fear ... comply or go. Any attempt at challenging the status quo will almost certainly result in the system turning on you.
Pros
Small and local
Cons
poor management, under resourced, lack of vision.
Studying at the university of Bedfordshire has given me a wide experience and inspiration into knowing that I value more what I thought I was before. It has helped to challenge my lifestyle and improve my Skills for the future.
Pros
Excellent and professional teachers
Cons
Excellent place of work lovely strong team to work with for a fixed period of time. University is a nice campus for study and work with local transport.
I am a student at the university of Bedfordshire
It is the most enjoyable university and am extremely happy with my course and will be completing this
Pros
lecturors
Cons
not enough tutors support
Fine to work here, issues arise when working via contracts, as the finance department can be useless in making sure you're paid on time. Often you need to get your hours signed off by the head of department who don't always understand how stressful it is to rely on their signature to get paid. If you can't find them to sign off and you miss the deadline, you don't get paid until the next month. Not helpful if you have bills to pay.
Pros
Research experience
Cons
Run around after people in order to get paid
I am a student at the university as also a course representative I am able to have access to support to help me.] develop my skills within the role that I have chosen to be a part of. Staff are the best and are always on hand via email or in person.
I also liked this job because it helped me get one step closer to my next job. I was able to pay my rent and feed myself for the time being. I also got more practice with my people skills
. .. Busy social work student environment
Learned new skills

Practice development

Hardest part of the job was the emotional side of studying

The most enjoyable was the pub
Pros
new friends
Cons
christmas assignments
• Create, learn and perform music and drama from range of genres including opera
• Work on vocal techniques and performance skills

• Experience other art form such as movement, design, lyric, writing and rapping
I am a student at the University of Bedfordshire and not one of the staffs. I am looking for a part-time work that will sustain me in my studies. I think that this survey is applicable to my situation.
The tutors are professionals in their daily teaching roles.