University of Bedfordshire Employee Reviews

Challenging an d rewarding
Snr Lecturer in Strategy and Management (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire14 June 2018
• Raised students’ satisfaction, retention and participation by 30% through Teaching, examining and managing academic units at the undergraduate, postgraduate, MBA and/or higher research degree students, through lectures, seminars and personal supervision
• Planning and reviewing of own teaching approach in Applied e-Business, Project Management, New Advances in Business, Digital Business Management, Operations Management, Contracts and Procurement Management, Integrated Management Project, Information Systems Management and Information Systems in Hospital and Health Service.
• Leading four units
• Assessing/Supervising PhD research thesis.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Short deadlines
Excellent teaching Practice
Student (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 October 2018
I am a student at the University of Bedfordshire and not one of the staffs. I am looking for a part-time work that will sustain me in my studies. I think that this survey is applicable to my situation.
The tutors are professionals in their daily teaching roles.
singing choir
Student Ambassador / Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire24 October 2018
• Create, learn and perform music and drama from range of genres including opera
• Work on vocal techniques and performance skills
• Experience other art form such as movement, design, lyric, writing and rapping
Productive and fun!
Project Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire24 July 2018
Very busy and challenging, always opportunities to learn so much. I would recommend anyone to work with UoB. They give opportunities to people from all walks of life.
Student life
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire England31 January 2018
My role was very fluid and adapted to what the university required of me. I spoke to groups of prospective student about opportunities available as a student which helped their decision on place of study. I was a positive role model and received an award from the University. The culture is very much relaxed outside study times but was fun too. I thrive in socially vibrant environments and enjoy learning about other peoples journey to their goals.
Chance to learn
Web Content Officer (Former Employee) –  Luton29 May 2018
Great opportunity to gain lots of experience in web content, marketing and digital marketing while working with range of academic and professional service staff.
Poor management, intimidating culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire25 September 2017
Top down bullying culture, high staff turnover, inflexibility, inconsistency in benefits etc

Managers seems to give jobs to people they like, no objectivity or fair process.
Informative and Fun work place
Student Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Luton,UK23 April 2016
This was my first job while i was pursuing masters in uk
i learnt many things from uk work culture and time management and the rules they follow
during my time i have met many people from all parts of the world
working during weekends was the most enjoyable and memorable
Pros
Free Lunches, Weekend Partys
Cons
Sometimes Long Hours
Productive and Fun Workplace
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bedford22 February 2018
Temporary staff are treat well and often asked to return on a semi-permanent basis. The best part of the job was how much it varied and the amount of trust that was given to a student teacher. It was a valuable learning experience.
Enjoyed working there- good location
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 January 2018
Depends on the department- mine was very good, staff very polite and working hours flexible. The organization is large and fast paced but really helps you to develop your understanding of how higher education institutions work.
University of Bedfordshire
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Luton campus3 August 2012
A typical day involves the teaching and administration of several units at various levels of study. This includes spending part of your working day within the classroom and the office. I have been extremely lucky to work with an excellent team who are extremely supportive and encouraging. The staff are extremely approachable and nothing is too much trouble for colleagues or students. The whole department strive to provide a positive student and staff experience on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the teaching, helping students to develop their knowledge base and seeing them achieve their goals.
Pros
having the opportunity to see students develop, being able to develop my own knowledge and to research those areas of personal interest.
Cons
long hours.
A very professional and amazing environment
Registration Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ENG30 July 2015
Everyday was a fantastic day at working. Meeting new students from different cultures and backgrounds was a new experience as there was a language barrier but, I learned to engage with people from evrywhere. I was the Team Leader and worked closely with the manager to solve issue and rectifies errors. I learnt great supervision skills and guided my team through all processess and answered any questions/queries. Hardest part was health and safety as we had to ensure we do not get overcrowded and manage the ques for different processes efeectively and efficiently which we managed to do successfully. I enjoyed this amazing process and loved meeting new people and interacting with them and helping them through this process and see them leave with smiles.
Pros
Free lunch and a free soft drink
Its a fun place to work at.
Student Tracking Administrator (Current Employee) –  Luton30 May 2013
University of Bedfordshire helps in gaining new skills through its robust IT based system. My daily activities include following:
• Report writing that includes writing reports for executives of the university and writing reports for external clients of University like embassies.
• Preparing and analysing statistical data and production of reports through Microsoft Excel.
• Analysing data related to student attendance and making decisions like what support does the student need for improvement, is the student serious in studies, in case of international students make sure that they conform with the regulations of UKBA
• Working in a team of 15 members and maintaining relationships with other teams of the University.
Pros
Flexible and a lot of opportunities of learning.
Cons
Les areas for professional progression.
fun workplace
Student registration team (Former Employee) –  ENG6 September 2013
Responsibilities:
• Help new students around the campus
• Help students enrol for their courses at the university
• Communicate with all different types of students

Skills Developed:
Ability to communicate effectively with people from all backgrounds and able to hold a conversation with people by highlighting common traits. Comfortable working in a fast paced, growth orientated work environment. Excellent team worker but equally able to work well on own initiative.
Key achievement:
I have been successful in meeting and helping new students enrol for their courses in the university ensuring high customer service was met and communicating effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Productive, fun and good experience
Acess Partnership Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, ENG30 May 2014
A typical day at work will involve at the start planning how the event will be run, dividing employees into a group of team and following a well planned strategy that suits everyone. while working here, my confidence has increased, My communication skills are improving and the ability to plan and organise have now become a part of my everyday life. I am now able to adapt and adjust to different scenarios. the people I work with are excellent and are helpful. the hardest part of the job is mainly planning but it has to be done. the most enjoyable part of the job is having to do the job.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long hours (Happy with it)
University
Developer (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 January 2018
I study at University of Bedfordshire currently taking Computer Science Bsc, the conditions are good, also this gives me the opportunity to be involved in different projects and earn some extra skills.
A better place for career nourishment
Departmental Assistant (International Intern) (Former Employee) –  Luton22 September 2014
University of Bedfordshire is a great institution that offers a wide range of job opportunities for students after their graduation.The University is providing professional work experiences for its students by deploying in various departments at the University based on their areas of interest.The work experiences and internships are structured in a way that,students were able to develop their skills especially communication and transferable skills required for the anticipated future jobs.In other words we can develop our skills in the way as it is required for our dream job in future.Also I had the opportunity to work with different ethnic groups had made by communication and interpersonal skills better.I learned to deal with people of different background by treating them with respect.Overall my internship at the University has provided me a better chance of career nourishment along with my graduation.
Pros
Good working environment and peer behaviour
Cons
Short period programme
Many opportunities to learn
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  ENG29 June 2015
This course has given me many opportunities to learn, and although it is time consuming, it is very enjoyable. The facilities at the University could be improved but being given the opportunity to work in many different environments during studying is beneficial and it gives me the opportunity to make an informed decision about where I would like to work post qualification.
Pros
Great experience opportunities
Productive and fun
Senior PAL Leader (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire14 November 2017
Fun place to work at, with lots of seasonal jobs. Unfortunately most of the roles I have taken on have been voluntary, so I can't give much feedback regarding the paid roles
The best job ever
Access Partnership Associate (Former Employee) –  Luton, ENG4 October 2014
• Promote and affirm the benefits of Higher Education
• Provide information, advice and guidance for young people through face to face activities
• Primary & Secondary school projects & Higher Education Fairs
• Summer Schools (residential and non residential)
• Mentoring Schemes in Schools
• Share own experience of being a student & be a good role model
• Be a representative of University of Bedfordshire
Pros
Different everyday
Cons
part time