University of Bedfordshire Employee Reviews

Chance to learn
Web Content Officer (Former Employee) –  Luton29 May 2018
Great opportunity to gain lots of experience in web content, marketing and digital marketing while working with range of academic and professional service staff.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bedford22 February 2018
Temporary staff are treat well and often asked to return on a semi-permanent basis. The best part of the job was how much it varied and the amount of trust that was given to a student teacher. It was a valuable learning experience.
Student life
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire England31 January 2018
My role was very fluid and adapted to what the university required of me. I spoke to groups of prospective student about opportunities available as a student which helped their decision on place of study. I was a positive role model and received an award from the University. The culture is very much relaxed outside study times but was fun too. I thrive in socially vibrant environments and enjoy learning about other peoples journey to their goals.
University
Developer (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 January 2018
I study at University of Bedfordshire currently taking Computer Science Bsc, the conditions are good, also this gives me the opportunity to be involved in different projects and earn some extra skills.
Enjoyed working there- good location
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 January 2018
Depends on the department- mine was very good, staff very polite and working hours flexible. The organization is large and fast paced but really helps you to develop your understanding of how higher education institutions work.
Productive and fun
Senior PAL Leader (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire14 November 2017
Fun place to work at, with lots of seasonal jobs. Unfortunately most of the roles I have taken on have been voluntary, so I can't give much feedback regarding the paid roles
Friendly and fast paced
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire22 October 2017
Having worked here, I find the work environment very friendly and welcoming. It is exciting to work at the University due to the thriving and fast paced environment.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Luton5 October 2017
I have studies in this University and only did my internship for 5 months within the university premises. the environment was friendly and i loved working with them.
Only worked there as an Intern
Student Intern, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire1 October 2017
Was given orientation prior to executing the project. Internship was paid. Students were a diverse mix and the internship advisors provided support throughout.
A nice place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire1 October 2017
I worked here as part of my college work experience and worked closely with the SID team who were all very professional and helpful and taught me how to do the job as and when required, the staff at the UOB are very easy going and friendly.

Want to know more about University of Bedfordshire?

Ask a question
Poor management, intimidating culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire25 September 2017
Top down bullying culture, high staff turnover, inflexibility, inconsistency in benefits etc

Managers seems to give jobs to people they like, no objectivity or fair process.
fun working with peers and fellow students
customer service and public relations (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire25 September 2017
Payment was late took twoo months. loved the uniform and the people i worked with.

It was fun to show potential students where they woukd live and study.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
12 hour shift
UOB - Luton
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire17 July 2017
Was there for around 3 years. The work dynamic and changed quite a lot the people youu meet there are are diverse, friendly and allways willing to help.
Internship
Arts and Outreach Events Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Luton28 June 2017
I really hate the fact this website is forcing me to review. Why can't I just skip this? My thoughts are always going to be positive cause I don't talk about people.
Flexible hours
Lab Experience - Research Project & Lab internship (Former Employee) –  Luton12 June 2017
It was a good opportunity to have a tester of working in the lab and it's a good thing they give that opportunity to students. The experience was really good.
Pros
Hours were flexible
Cons
The internship was short
Interesting Projects, very poor management.
Visiting Staff (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire22 May 2017
Very interesting projects, with lots of opportunities, but the manage within the University is very poor. Payments where delayed by months which made it very frustrating to work with.
Supportive lecturers
Student (Current Employee) –  BEDFORDSHIRE, UK18 May 2017
I have experienced well rounded course and structure of learning.
i studied there for 3 years having constant support from all lecturers and being taught many different aspects linked to my chosen subject.
fun workplace
graphic tutor (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire3 May 2017
The most enjoyable job, people and student was understand and willing to do the best they can to ensure great outcome. The job was a monday to friday job which allows me to work on the next week teaching via the weekend
Pros
lunch
Πολύ καλό περιβαλλον
Βοηθός καθηγητή (Former Employee) –  Luton13 April 2017
Πολύ ευχάριστο περιβάλλον και καλές αποδοχές σε υνδιασμο με έμπειρο προσωπικό που διατίθεται να εκπαιδεύσει τους νέους υπαλληλους
Fun, vibrant workplace
Estates Building Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Luton, UK16 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Uni of Beds, the staff and clients were all very friendly and there was an active social presence throughout all departments
Pros
Atmosphere and staff involvement
Cons
No progression in role