University of Bedfordshire Employee Reviews

Student Representative (Current Employee) –  Luton15 March 2019
I am a student at the university as also a course representative I am able to have access to support to help me.] develop my skills within the role that I have chosen to be a part of. Staff are the best and are always on hand via email or in person.
Stepping Stone
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire19 February 2019
I also liked this job because it helped me get one step closer to my next job. I was able to pay my rent and feed myself for the time being. I also got more practice with my people skills
university
Student Social Worker Placement (Former Employee) –  Luton19 November 2018
. .. Busy social work student environment
Learned new skills
Practice development
Hardest part of the job was the emotional side of studying
The most enjoyable was the pub
Pros
new friends
Cons
christmas assignments
singing choir
Student Ambassador / Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire24 October 2018
• Create, learn and perform music and drama from range of genres including opera
• Work on vocal techniques and performance skills
• Experience other art form such as movement, design, lyric, writing and rapping
Excellent teaching Practice
Student (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 October 2018
I am a student at the University of Bedfordshire and not one of the staffs. I am looking for a part-time work that will sustain me in my studies. I think that this survey is applicable to my situation.
The tutors are professionals in their daily teaching roles.
Productive and fun!
Project Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire24 July 2018
Very busy and challenging, always opportunities to learn so much. I would recommend anyone to work with UoB. They give opportunities to people from all walks of life.
Challenging an d rewarding
Snr Lecturer in Strategy and Management (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire14 June 2018
• Raised students’ satisfaction, retention and participation by 30% through Teaching, examining and managing academic units at the undergraduate, postgraduate, MBA and/or higher research degree students, through lectures, seminars and personal supervision
• Planning and reviewing of own teaching approach in Applied e-Business, Project Management, New Advances in Business, Digital Business Management, Operations Management, Contracts and Procurement Management, Integrated Management Project, Information Systems Management and Information Systems in Hospital and Health Service.
• Leading four units
• Assessing/Supervising PhD research thesis.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Short deadlines
Chance to learn
Web Content Officer (Former Employee) –  Luton29 May 2018
Great opportunity to gain lots of experience in web content, marketing and digital marketing while working with range of academic and professional service staff.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Visiting Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bedford22 February 2018
Temporary staff are treat well and often asked to return on a semi-permanent basis. The best part of the job was how much it varied and the amount of trust that was given to a student teacher. It was a valuable learning experience.
Student life
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire England31 January 2018
My role was very fluid and adapted to what the university required of me. I spoke to groups of prospective student about opportunities available as a student which helped their decision on place of study. I was a positive role model and received an award from the University. The culture is very much relaxed outside study times but was fun too. I thrive in socially vibrant environments and enjoy learning about other peoples journey to their goals.
University
Developer (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire12 January 2018
I study at University of Bedfordshire currently taking Computer Science Bsc, the conditions are good, also this gives me the opportunity to be involved in different projects and earn some extra skills.
Enjoyed working there- good location
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire11 January 2018
Depends on the department- mine was very good, staff very polite and working hours flexible. The organization is large and fast paced but really helps you to develop your understanding of how higher education institutions work.
Productive and fun
Senior PAL Leader (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire14 November 2017
Fun place to work at, with lots of seasonal jobs. Unfortunately most of the roles I have taken on have been voluntary, so I can't give much feedback regarding the paid roles
Friendly and fast paced
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire22 October 2017
Having worked here, I find the work environment very friendly and welcoming. It is exciting to work at the University due to the thriving and fast paced environment.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Luton5 October 2017
I have studies in this University and only did my internship for 5 months within the university premises. the environment was friendly and i loved working with them.
Only worked there as an Intern
Student Intern, Marketing Department (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire1 October 2017
Was given orientation prior to executing the project. Internship was paid. Students were a diverse mix and the internship advisors provided support throughout.
A nice place to work
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire1 October 2017
I worked here as part of my college work experience and worked closely with the SID team who were all very professional and helpful and taught me how to do the job as and when required, the staff at the UOB are very easy going and friendly.
Poor management, intimidating culture
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire25 September 2017
Top down bullying culture, high staff turnover, inflexibility, inconsistency in benefits etc

Managers seems to give jobs to people they like, no objectivity or fair process.
fun working with peers and fellow students
customer service and public relations (Former Employee) –  Bedfordshire25 September 2017
Payment was late took twoo months. loved the uniform and the people i worked with.

It was fun to show potential students where they woukd live and study.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
12 hour shift
UOB - Luton
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire17 July 2017
Was there for around 3 years. The work dynamic and changed quite a lot the people youu meet there are are diverse, friendly and allways willing to help.