University of Bath

University of Bath Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews
Great casual student role
A fantastic part-time role for students alongside their studies, gaining leadership and presentation experience. The open days were always well-attended and dynamic.
Good place to work, but too much politics
Work is enjoyable, politics less so.
Pay is not comparable to other local HE institutions.

'But we're Bath, you should be glad to work here' is the prevailing attitude.
A secure job but not a career.
This is a good place to work if you are looking for job security and a good work life balance as most departments offer flexi-time and the holiday allowance is above the private sector. The pace of work can be very slow and tasks repetitive. In admin or marketing roles in particular, there’s little room for advancement and training opportunities are almost none. People are promoted to management grades when they are not experienced enough, resulting in micro management and poor communication

Communication is poor on a senior level and m

about
Productive and friendly atmosphere
University of Bath is a friendly and productive working place that you can enjoy working. Staff and people are nice and friendly. Moreover, I enjoy working here in Bath.
Good facilities and place to work, but lack of career progression
the University if a good place to work and offers a number of benefits. however,, there is no recognised career progression so it can be hard to advance your career.
Very nice and helpful people
A very good place to be for learning science/engineering topics, with very aproachable people that will make your life easier.
nice workplace
The University is a nice entity where it is easy to findyour place. It is a nice working place and cosmopolitain.
The position helped me to develop the skill of team management
Relaxed positive environment
Wasn't there for long but they all made me feel very welcoming there and I was not pressurised during my work a d learning around I.T. I was able to learn alot about hardware and software while volunteering with the service desk team and would definitely work there again when I can
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University of Bath?
Collaborative and friendly place to work.
Collaborative and friendly place to work. Good organisational and reporting structures. Good opportunities to extend work profile and gain other experiences.
Productive and Fun
It is a great opportunity to work part time whilst you study at the University with least work load. The university has a friendly environment and many opportunities to learn, work and grow.
Lovely people but too much red tape
I enjoyed my time here a lot and loved being part of a team of interesting, clever, talented and witty people. There's flexible working and a pleasingly right-on culture.

However, there are also some frustrating and rigid internal structures in the workplace. Employees' skills and knowledge aren't always utilised to the team's advantage, and repetitive menial tasks are often allocated to smart people, which wastes resources. Furthermore, there are regular directives from people in senior positions who don't necessarily understand the manifold challenges faced by those actually doing the work.

Additionally, academics are revered and get the final say on what's published about their departments in onine and printed marketing materials, yet are not necessarily the best people to make editorial, proofreading or business decisions. Even so, they are permitted to do so, often arbitrarily and at the expense of logic or clarity.

Overall, the university is a happy and positive place in which to work, offering good learning opportunities and a friendly, positive culture; but a less rigid structure would be beneficial.

Would I go back if the right opportunity arose? Yes, because my colleagues were fabulous!
It is a university
It is a university, a good university, I had a nice time there, I studied there and played with my friends, I want to use indeed to search for jobs not write reviews of universities
Great
Recommend getting jobs here as a student. Great pay, good hours that accommodate to university life. Good progression opportunities. Good way to make money while studying.
Friendly environment
Excellent! A+ the people who work their are friendly and helpful, they helped me to gain confidence and gain more skills. couldn't recommend more to anyone.
Great uni
Great university. I didn't work as a staff member, just as an undergraduate doing lab work. I am very satisfied with both my course and the university as a whole.
fun workplace
campus tour, daily interaction with students
talking to students about their academic choices and guiding them. Helping with applicant visit days and other activities.
I have been working at University of Bath full-time for just under 6 months involved in a range of multidisciplinary projects. Research culture is collaborative with opportunities to work with researchers in different departments.
Pros
Opportunity to work with a number of teams within the department.
Cons
Very quiet at times due to the holiday period.
good work place
a good and calm work place the team is amazing great team work and the management its very helpful. Everyone is smiling and very polite. working wihot food and drin
pleasant
Working at the University of Bath accommodation centre was a pleasant experience, albeit stressful at times dealing with the sheer number of foreign students who could not communicate effectively about what they wanted.
nice people, nice campus
A really pleasant place to work. Campus is well maintained and people are exceptionally friendly. You can get a bit stuck in the Bath bubble, good to get off campus from time to time!
Interesting people but not enough work
Every month or other month in the second term, I would give talks and tours to prospective students and their parents, informing them about the contents of the course, life at the university, and answering any other questions they may have. Often responsible for large groups of people, I had to make sure I divided my attention accordingly, and paid specific attention to any individual needs, During talks I had to speak in front of over 100 people, painting an informative, attractive and entertaining image of the university.
Pros
Free lunches, interesting people
Cons
Not frequent enough work