University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust

University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom9 reviews
I love working for the trust,can sometimes be hectic,you get payed monthly but its good rate of pay you get payed properly for overtime and weekend work,best job I've ever had.
Pros
The staff are amazing, its like family.
Cons
Depends on what your job is
Was employed as a newly qualified staff nurse. Encountered bullying culture. "Mentors" were unsupportive and diminished any confidence I had gained upon achieving my first degree with honours. I had some lovely feedback from patient's and some staff but bullying culture pursued. Managers unsupportive and would not relocate me. I left after six months
I start work at 6.30 a.m. and finish at 4.00 p.m. and am busy all day. I am mainly computer based and I enjoy this work. I also work closely with my colleagues and manage their holidays etc. I am currently about to be redeployed or made redundant due to a Management of Change within the department.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Based outside the main hospital so do not feel part of the NHS
Workplace culture is very similar to other hospital settings, the hardest part is not having enough staff. The most enjoyable is the fact I love the people I work with
Pros
Good team
Cons
Not enough staff
Volunteering in the Accident and Emergency Department is exceptionally rewarding. Being able to make a patients day even a little bit better is a feeling unlike any other. Volunteers are regarded well by clinical and house keeping staff alike.
Working for the NHS is giving something back to the local community.
You are playing your part in providing essential care for otherswhen needed most.
This is a varied and interesting role, which not only uses my administration skills, but also allows me to draw on my IT knowledge and experience. I like the fact that not every day is the same in this role, It’s busy and allows me to have a good level of autonomy alongside being part of a team.
Good for part time working. Quite flexible.
Not a lot of room for progression for ATO's.

Working 1 in 4 weekends is good.

A lot of support from other staff. 1 hour lunch breaks.
Assisting clients with personal care.checking observations and monitoring blood sugars. I've met some amazing people, who are very grateful for all I do for them, but I feel I can't spend the time with them cause there is a shortage of staff. There's not enough nursing assistances , so I have to do patients on my own plus doing the long days are taking its tole on me.Management say they are trying too get more staff and are looking at reducing the long days, but nothing seems to be happening .
Pros
Good holiday ALLOWANCES
Cons
Doing long days, 15 hour shifts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust?