University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Demoralizing work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Leicester18 March 2018
Poor staff development. Favoritism within management and junior members if staff. Over worked, low morale, no positive reinforcement only negative. Wouldn't advise anyone to work there.
Pros
Social aspects
Cons
Great for newly qualified staff
Midwife-Assistant Ward Manager (Former Employee) –  Leicester25 November 2017
UHLT had one of the best development programmes for newly qualified Midwives. The support provided by both the Trust and the University was fantastic.
Good place to work but need to work closer to home
Research Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire12 October 2017
I love working for UHL, but would like to work closer to home. I work with a great team of people, we discuss issues as a team and I feel part of that, even though I am not a senior member of staff. I have been able to go on several training courses to improve my skills. I have a good relationship with my Manager, I can go to him if I have a problem, but he leaves me alone to plan my day and get on with the tasks I have been assigned. I have an appraisal twice a year and if my role changes at all and my manager feels I would benefit from an available training course, I can book a place. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling part of a team and knowing your input was part of progression.
Pros
Well looked after/flexibility
valuable
Medical HR Recruitment Administrator (Current Employee) –  Leicester19 April 2016
A great, fast paced and varied place to work with a variety of career opportunities available to all. Typically a busy and productive environment.
Pros
opportunity
Cons
progression
Professional and calm enviornment
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Rollout Technician31 October 2012
I have worked in NHS as a Apprentice for 12 weeks and gained alot of experince an new skills while I was working NHS. Worked in three main hospitals in Leicester such as Glenfield Hospital, Leicester Royal Infirmary, and Leicester General Hospital. I was there as a Desktop support technician and solving technical issues around the hospital. I have also worked as Rollout Technician to replace the old PC's to new PC, upgrading RAM's according to the Windows 7 requirements as NHS is going to deploy Windows 7.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
flexible hours