University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Bowel Cancer Screening, St Cross Hospital, Rugby
Screening Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rugby, Warwickshire2 April 2019
Awful job. I worked there for a year which was enough, seen so many people leaving, too much staff turn around. Manager was nasty women who doesnt appreciate her staff. Like working in a prison. Always being watched and montoried. They had a thing about time.

Do not work here unless you wanna work like a dog.

Money was good, hours very long, environment was stressful. Management suck.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours, bad manager, stressful environment
Very busy but also very rewarding.
Renal Access Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Coventry13 October 2018
My day to day job would vary due to patients, as my role was the co-ordination/timing of making sure that their pathway from 1st point of referral from their GP to the Renal Department and being established on dialysis. I managed my daily workload but if needed would seek advice from other team members to ensure the patients received the care needed.Working in such a sensitive area it was of the upmost importance that patient confidentiality was kept at all times, thus making the relationship between staff and patients good at all times. Working for so long in this role the hardest part was always when patients procedures failed thus creating problems for them to start on dialysis or worst case when we lost patients, because of their condition they spent so much time at the Hospital you would know them quite well so I am not afraid to say I have cried on quite a few occasions. But when you have a good outcome and the patients procedure was successful it was always a wonderful feeling, and I felt humble when they thanked me and all of our team for helping them.
Pros
Cons
Unsuccessful outcomes
rewarding place to work
senior telecoms analyst (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands13 January 2018
UHCW is a very interesting and rewarding place to work. there are many opportunities to develop different skills. however there is a lack of dynamism.
Pros
varied work opportunities
Cons
institutionailsed culture
productivre workplace
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands10 October 2017
never a dull moment at the hospital and always room for improvements within your job role. staff are always polite and professional when dealing with emotional and distressed patients.
Supportive and great work atmosphere
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands22 September 2017
A busy role within a rewarding sector. I learned a new set of skills that I will carry with me in every new adventure and career choice. The hardest part of the job is dealing with vulnerable adults or children without getting emotionally attached, so you can do your job and care for individuals at the same time. Seeing people overcome and deal with many ailments and get to go home afterwards.
productive
Support Secretary (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands20 May 2017
A fun place to work who are professional. The work is interesting. i ahve learnt lots since I started there. my working is interesting and challenging. i love helping patients get the care they deserve and need.
Highly professional satisfying job
Senior Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Xray5 May 2017
Very busy demanding department. Very rewarding working with the patients from all walks in life, suffering many different illnesses etc.
Worked doing management duties, requiring specialised skills, but very rewarding.
Hardest part of the job entailed long shifts, heavy demanding work. Also,having to overcome some sadness at times.
The enjoyable part of the job was giving something to particular patients and making their day, depending on the nature of events.
Pros
Very rewarding
Cons
Long hours and heavy work
Very busy hospital
Midwife (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 March 2017
A varied Hospital with a great deal of departments so a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Links with Warwick and Coventry University enables professional studies to link with healthcare provision.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Car parking is challenging
Resourcing Officer (Former Employee) –  Coventry, ENG24 November 2015
Worked in a busy office environment, gained experience in managing a team, learnt about the NHS. The most enjoyable part of the role was working with medical staff from other areas.
stressful but mostly supportive
Support Secretary (Current Employee) –  Coventry, ENG14 September 2015
Too many targets to meet, need to concentrate on patient care more and take the stress of the staff so they can do their job more effectively.
Pros
flexible working
Cons
too many targets
A good employer
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry30 April 2014
A typical day in my role involved a handover regarding the patients in my care, general care and assistance given as required with adequate support given as needed.

A pleasant and equitable company to work for even though sometimes things that occurred were mentally taxing support was always at hand if asked for.
Pros
leasant working conditins n general, friendly staff and management who ere approachable when needed.
Cons
Long hours, having to deal with unpleasant occurences
Fun work place
Income & Contracting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Coventry4 July 2013
Worked as a contractor.
Enjoyable job mainly due to the people I worked with.
Enjoyed the experience considerably
Pros
Reasonable travel time to site
Cons
Getting parking was a problem