University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust

University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

A good place to work
Pharmacy support worker (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire6 September 2018
A busy Hospital in Southampton where the people opportunities & salary were on the whole good. A varied work place where it was impossible to predict what each day would bring with any certainty. Full of diversity, a fast paced challenging yet rewarding environment in which to work
Pros
Staff canteen
Cons
Parking
29 October 2018

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience working at University Hospital Southampton. We're very pleased that you have had a positive experience working in a varied environment!

If you'd like to leave any more specific feedback on your time working at UHS, please feel free to get in touch with me at chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk or by telephone at 023 8120 5872.

Excellent Place of work
Pharmacy Adminisitratror (Current Employee) –  Pharmacy Departmetn7 November 2017
I have worked for the UHS on and off for 15 years and I have loved the various roles I have had. The best thing about working in the UHS is the variety of positions and the options that are available. All managers are supportive of the need for career progression and there is a lot of support out there to find the position that works best for you. The Hospital is a caring and innovative hospital with so much research and learning opportunities.

There are also staff benefits from 50% off Pizza to money off of Holidays. A wonderful chaplaincy team that supports all faiths a counselling service and so much more.
19 March 2018

Sorry for the very slow reply - but thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

Patient Services Centre
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire25 August 2018
3 BAD Senior management rude
gang up
gossiping
bullying push out good staff difficult unless ur face fit/relative
treat like DOGS
unprofessional
AWFUL
Pros
None 3 SENIOR MANAGEMENT BULLY STAFF Terrible place to work Patient Services Centre, General Hospital Southampton
Cons
3 senior managers are don't do any work horrible lazy
28 August 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I'm sorry to hear that you've had the above experience within the PSC at UHS. I work as part of the recruitment team in the human resources department, and I'd very much like to discuss this in more detail with you and see whether there is anything we can do to improve your situation. Please get in touch with me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk, or you can call me on 023 8120 5872 if you would prefer to speak over the phone. Thanks, Chas Brickland.

Health care assistant a and e
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire22 September 2018
Absolutely awful place to work due to the unfriendly staff. Was not able to learn anything about the job as was afraid to ask other staff members due to their rudeness. Felt like I was not appreciated for my efforts. The staff members in a and e were just terrible. Eventually walked out of the job because of it.
Pros
Cons
Staff members
29 October 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm very sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience of working within our Trust, and felt like you were underappreciated in your role. We take all negative feedback very seriously and aim to make improvements in all areas that require them.

I'd like to learn more about your situation and how we can improve next time - would you please get in touch with me at chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk or by phone: 023 8120 5872 so we can discuss this further?

Thanks!

Unsocial Hours benefits are good
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 August 2017
The benefits of working through the night, late in evenings and weekends are good because your hourly rate is increased to a decent amount. It's a nice place to work.
Pros
Most of the staff are nice
Cons
Long hours and lots of weekends usually
19 March 2018

Apologies that it has taken us so long to respond - but thanks for the good review!

Bullying culture with cowards as spectators
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 January 2018
As someone else was previously saying, you can find yourself amongst a bunch of very impolite and mean colleagues. Being stabbed in the back is common, gossip is everywhere, no real support for the new comers but a lot of comments meant to put you down. If you dare to complain, your manager will act like you’re the one having a problem. In the meanwhile, your bully keeps the same position, without being bothered. I also worked with a lot of wonderful people, but they’re as guilty as the rest for accepting the unacceptable!
Pros
Cons
A culture of bullying!!!
19 March 2018

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, but I'm very sorry to hear that you have had the experience you've described. I would very much like to discuss this further with you to ensure that we put measures in place to prevent similar situations occurring again. Please can you contact me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk at your earliest opportunity? Thanks, Chas.

Working towards a common goal, putting patients first
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 February 2018
A good place to work if you want to make a difference within the patients journey whilst in the care of the NHS. Whatever field you choose to work in you are making a difference as every job role is of value. I have found that although there have been days where I have been inundated with work I have had a sense of achievement and job satisfaction at the end of my working day.
Pros
Pension scheme.
Cons
On the job training not always provided.
19 March 2018

Hi - thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! If there is any further specific feedback you would like to discuss with us, please do not hesitate to contact me at chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk. Thanks, Chas.

Poor management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  University Hospital Southampton5 February 2018
Bullying is rife, especially if you question incompetent managers. If you want to work here but need to question anything, don't if you want to stay employed or not be ostracised. There seems to be lack of support in these situations
Pros
Cons
Poor management and support if you have a problem
19 March 2018

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had the experience you have. I hope that you were able to use your exit interview to let us know any ways in which we can improve the experience of staff at UHS, but if there is specific feedback you would like to give that you haven't been able to so far, please do not hesitate to contact me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk. Thanks, Chas.

Worst experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton10 June 2017
The actual workers there are mean, jealous and canniving. Not all, but my overall experience is that they feel threatened, by new comers that are ethical and hardworking. When one is hardworking the other staff are afraid that it shows when they are not hard workers but have well paid jobs
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
19 March 2018

Sorry it's taken us a while to get back to you - we'd be interested in hearing more about your experiences to make sure we are doing everything we can to improve. Please can you get in contact with me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk so that we can discuss further. Thanks, Chas.

a good place to work with the chance to progress
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  royal south Hants hospital7 February 2017
I enjoy working in dermatology as each day is different and challenging ,the team is supportive but the down side to the work is clinics and surgical lists overrun every day so you very rarely finish on time
Pros
close to where I live
Cons
uncertain future of department
19 March 2018

Sorry for the delay in response - but thanks for leaving us a review!

nhs
Junior Sister (Band 6) Medical Oncology (Former Employee) –  Southampton24 September 2016
a typical day at work.
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
19 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! Sorry it's taken us a while to respond!

NHS - Southampton
MDT Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Southampton13 July 2016
No day is the same whilst working for the NHS. Support is there from management when required and training and development within the Trust is very good to the staff.
19 March 2018

Sorry it's been a while since you posted - but thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Productive and fun place to work at
Core Skills Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG29 January 2014
Enjoyed working here, it was only on a one year contract or else I would have love to have carried on working there.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
No staff parking
19 March 2018

Great to hear that you enjoyed working at UHS - you'll be pleased to know that the parking situation has improved considerably with the opening of our new 800 parking space multi-storey car park!

Rewarding and valved
Management Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  SOUTHAMPTON29 October 2014
I am a supported and valved member of my department.
19 March 2018

Glad to hear that you were having a good experience - we hope that you still are!