University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust

University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Poor management
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  University Hospital Southampton5 February 2018
Bullying is rife, especially if you question incompetent managers. If you want to work here but need to question anything, don't if you want to stay employed or not be ostracised. There seems to be lack of support in these situations
Pros
Cons
Poor management and support if you have a problem
19 March 2018

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and I'm very sorry to hear that you've had the experience you have. I hope that you were able to use your exit interview to let us know any ways in which we can improve the experience of staff at UHS, but if there is specific feedback you would like to give that you haven't been able to so far, please do not hesitate to contact me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk. Thanks, Chas.

Bullying culture with cowards as spectators
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire17 January 2018
As someone else was previously saying, you can find yourself amongst a bunch of very impolite and mean colleagues. Being stabbed in the back is common, gossip is everywhere, no real support for the new comers but a lot of comments meant to put you down. If you dare to complain, your manager will act like you’re the one having a problem. In the meanwhile, your bully keeps the same position, without being bothered. I also worked with a lot of wonderful people, but they’re as guilty as the rest for accepting the unacceptable!
Pros
Cons
A culture of bullying!!!
19 March 2018

Hi - thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, but I'm very sorry to hear that you have had the experience you've described. I would very much like to discuss this further with you to ensure that we put measures in place to prevent similar situations occurring again. Please can you contact me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk at your earliest opportunity? Thanks, Chas.

Excellent Place of work
Pharmacy Adminisitratror (Current Employee) –  Pharmacy Departmetn7 November 2017
I have worked for the UHS on and off for 15 years and I have loved the various roles I have had. The best thing about working in the UHS is the variety of positions and the options that are available. All managers are supportive of the need for career progression and there is a lot of support out there to find the position that works best for you. The Hospital is a caring and innovative hospital with so much research and learning opportunities.

There are also staff benefits from 50% off Pizza to money off of Holidays. A wonderful chaplaincy team that supports all faiths a counselling service and so much more.
19 March 2018

Sorry for the very slow reply - but thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review!

Unsocial Hours benefits are good
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire14 August 2017
The benefits of working through the night, late in evenings and weekends are good because your hourly rate is increased to a decent amount. It's a nice place to work.
Pros
Most of the staff are nice
Cons
Long hours and lots of weekends usually
19 March 2018

Apologies that it has taken us so long to respond - but thanks for the good review!

Worst experience
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Southampton10 June 2017
The actual workers there are mean, jealous and canniving. Not all, but my overall experience is that they feel threatened, by new comers that are ethical and hardworking. When one is hardworking the other staff are afraid that it shows when they are not hard workers but have well paid jobs
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
19 March 2018

Sorry it's taken us a while to get back to you - we'd be interested in hearing more about your experiences to make sure we are doing everything we can to improve. Please can you get in contact with me on chas.brickland@uhs.nhs.uk so that we can discuss further. Thanks, Chas.

a good place to work with the chance to progress
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  royal south Hants hospital7 February 2017
I enjoy working in dermatology as each day is different and challenging ,the team is supportive but the down side to the work is clinics and surgical lists overrun every day so you very rarely finish on time
Pros
close to where I live
Cons
uncertain future of department
19 March 2018

Sorry for the delay in response - but thanks for leaving us a review!

nhs
Junior Sister (Band 6) Medical Oncology (Former Employee) –  Southampton24 September 2016
a typical day at work.
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
19 March 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! Sorry it's taken us a while to respond!

NHS - Southampton
MDT Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Southampton13 July 2016
No day is the same whilst working for the NHS. Support is there from management when required and training and development within the Trust is very good to the staff.
19 March 2018

Sorry it's been a while since you posted - but thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Rewarding and valved
Management Secretary/PA (Current Employee) –  SOUTHAMPTON29 October 2014
I am a supported and valved member of my department.
19 March 2018

Glad to hear that you were having a good experience - we hope that you still are!

Productive and fun place to work at
Core Skills Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG29 January 2014
Enjoyed working here, it was only on a one year contract or else I would have love to have carried on working there.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
No staff parking
19 March 2018

Great to hear that you enjoyed working at UHS - you'll be pleased to know that the parking situation has improved considerably with the opening of our new 800 parking space multi-storey car park!

Want to know more about University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust?

Ask a question