University for the Creative Arts
Here to help
Coronavirus update

University for the Creative Arts Employee Reviews

United Kingdom17 reviews
Administration increased gradually during my tenure.
Teaching students was always a pleasure.

Very full days of teaching content.

Very good resources with good access for students.

Very fair management.
Working as an Ambassador for the University for the Creative Arts is very fulfilling. I engage with prospective students and their families, refining my customer skills and helping the students find the right degree for them.
Working as an ambassador has given me extensive skills in different roles and helped me gain confidence as a person. Great experience to work in a friendly team.
UCA as a company offer many benefits for students, plenty of opportunities and a competitive wage.

However communication between employers and employees is unfortunately very poor, leading to issues which can be extremely tedious to resolve.

Other than that the community is fantastic.
Pros
travel expenses paid, variety of events, great community, competitive wage
Cons
very poor communication regarding job, resolving any expenses, job issues, pay queries, or other things that require management support, can take a long time to resolve
Made some life time friends from here. Students great to work for, supporting them issuing them equipment for their studies. Staff were friendly and have great memories working here
Pros
Cons
When quiet was sometimes too quiet
Working open days with UCA are always fun, energetic and completely welcoming from the team. I loved working the high profile events to welcome prospective students into the Uni.
The job was relaxed when on the coffee cart. Perfect for students looking to get their own personal work done whilst also serving up coffee to other students and staff members. Shifts could sometimes be quite slow and so you had plenty of time to focus on work during down-time periods.

Working in the main canteen or in the kitchen however was fast-paced with plenty to do.

All the staff are pleasant and if you do things correctly and you're friendly with everyone, constantly signing up for shifts whenever you can, allows you to be more trusted and therefore get more shifts.

If you don't do this, you might get 1 shift a week, so push yourself and always volunteer for more.

Great place to work for.
Good Workplace, given a lot of training for the role, support is available, good salary, learnt a lot about student needs and how to provide support to them
I like working for my university as they understand my timetable and allow me to work around it. The salary is extremely good for someone my age, especially as a student. The additional money is very handy
Pros
Salary
Cons
Minimal hours
No progression in the job, upper management spoil what could be a really good institution. student numbers reducing but also resources being taken away and staff not replaced.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at University for the Creative Arts?
Thanks to all my jobs in the university, I learned to manage my time, speak in public, create social, academic and campus events and forums, find solutions and improve the university with them
Also learned to be a voice for my course and how to manage their problems.

And how to be practical, social, energetic, hospitable and quick thinking for a solution
Had a fantastic time working here, really great working environment, wish i could have stayed for longer, the facilities were great too!
This was a pre organised four day work experience placement as part of being a year eleven student. I found it educational, and it did help me to decide that this wasn't somewhere I wanted to study my A-levels. This was for personal reasons, I decided I did not want to purely study art, which is what this University specialised in. My week was not unpleasant, however I do not feel it was well organised or well structured. A lot of the time I was left to my own devices and I felt I learnt more about being a student at UCA rather than how the organisation works, which isn't what I was expecting. I did assist in setting up an exhibition at a local art gallery, this was probably the most interesting thing we did. I learnt what goes into the preparation for an exhibition.
Great way to learn and improve your own skills by teaching students the same softwares you were taught. Good way to learn how to manage time and go over the protocols for a better understanding for when you start 3rd year.
Pros
improve on your own skills whilst studying
Cons
This was a really good place for me to learnt my trade, practice and develop in a variety of different workshops. During my time here i managed to create a lot of ambitious projects and put myself out there in the world with my work.

I learned a lot there to prepare me for the real world, in which i am now using this experience to help me gain work in the real world.
Part time job while i was studying, make a lot of friends and was one of the best jobs i had.
I would give in depth tours of the University to upcoming or interested students promoting UCA in my honest opinion. They asked me questions about my experiences and details of the campus. I would also help to settle nerves of anxious applicant awaiting their interviews.

I worked alongside great staff and other students and everything run smoothly. Suggestions I had for the queueing systems were taken on board.

The most enjoyable part was people coming back from their interviews and being excited about starting, reminded me of when I was in their position.
Pros
got to meet new students and share my experiences
Cons
it was only an occasional opportunity