University for the Creative Arts Employee Reviews

Productive and adaptive working environment (Catering team)
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Farnham16 May 2018
The job was relaxed when on the coffee cart. Perfect for students looking to get their own personal work done whilst also serving up coffee to other students and staff members. Shifts could sometimes be quite slow and so you had plenty of time to focus on work during down-time periods.

Working in the main canteen or in the kitchen however was fast-paced with plenty to do.

All the staff are pleasant and if you do things correctly and you're friendly with everyone, constantly signing up for shifts whenever you can, allows you to be more trusted and therefore get more shifts.

If you don't do this, you might get 1 shift a week, so push yourself and always volunteer for more.

Great place to work for.
Good Workplace
Student Warden (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent16 June 2017
Good Workplace, given a lot of training for the role, support is available, good salary, learnt a lot about student needs and how to provide support to them
Fits around Uni timetable
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Rochester10 April 2017
I like working for my university as they understand my timetable and allow me to work around it. The salary is extremely good for someone my age, especially as a student. The additional money is very handy
Pros
Salary
Cons
Minimal hours
fun but upper management ruins it.
Photo Studio Technician (Current Employee) –  Epsom31 March 2017
No progression in the job, upper management spoil what could be a really good institution. student numbers reducing but also resources being taken away and staff not replaced.
Productive and fun workplace
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Epsom, Surrey16 January 2017
Thanks to all my jobs in the university, I learned to manage my time, speak in public, create social, academic and campus events and forums, find solutions and improve the university with them
Also learned to be a voice for my course and how to manage their problems.
And how to be practical, social, energetic, hospitable and quick thinking for a solution
Friendly great atmosphere
Digital Media Technical Tutor (Former Employee) –  Canterbury8 March 2016
Had a fantastic time working here, really great working environment, wish i could have stayed for longer, the facilities were great too!
Educational
School Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Canterbury, ENG31 July 2015
This was a pre organised four day work experience placement as part of being a year eleven student. I found it educational, and it did help me to decide that this wasn't somewhere I wanted to study my A-levels. This was for personal reasons, I decided I did not want to purely study art, which is what this University specialised in. My week was not unpleasant, however I do not feel it was well organised or well structured. A lot of the time I was left to my own devices and I felt I learnt more about being a student at UCA rather than how the organisation works, which isn't what I was expecting. I did assist in setting up an exhibition at a local art gallery, this was probably the most interesting thing we did. I learnt what goes into the preparation for an exhibition.
Knowledgeable
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnham22 July 2015
Great way to learn and improve your own skills by teaching students the same softwares you were taught. Good way to learn how to manage time and go over the protocols for a better understanding for when you start 3rd year.
Pros
improve on your own skills whilst studying
Educational
Student (Former Employee) –  Graduate22 July 2015
This was a really good place for me to learnt my trade, practice and develop in a variety of different workshops. During my time here i managed to create a lot of ambitious projects and put myself out there in the world with my work.

I learned a lot there to prepare me for the real world, in which i am now using this experience to help me gain work in the real world.
Fun and friendly workplace
Costa Coffee & Bar Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Farnham, ENG13 April 2014
Part time job while i was studying, make a lot of friends and was one of the best jobs i had.
Open Days/ Applicant Days
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Maidstone18 September 2012
I would give in depth tours of the University to upcoming or interested students promoting UCA in my honest opinion. They asked me questions about my experiences and details of the campus. I would also help to settle nerves of anxious applicant awaiting their interviews.

I worked alongside great staff and other students and everything run smoothly. Suggestions I had for the queueing systems were taken on board.

The most enjoyable part was people coming back from their interviews and being excited about starting, reminded me of when I was in their position.
Pros
got to meet new students and share my experiences
Cons
it was only an occasional opportunity