Play YouTube video button
University College London Hospitals NHS Trust

University College London Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom73 reviews
Featured review
University College London Hospitals NHS Trust selected this as a representative review
This job has enabled me to develop and hone clinical and leadership skills in a demanding and challenging environment. The team I work alongside are incredibly supportive and motivating, and are always encouraging me to further myself in the field.
I really enjoyed to work there. My colleagues were brilliant with a good team spirit, I had so many opportunities to learn and to grow as a professional. I was appreciated for my work. When I went through tough times on a personal level I was given the appropriate support.
Pros
Flexibility and support
Cons
Working only office hours
Assist patients with their mails, attend group meeting. Its a fast working pace workplace, it can get very busy. I helped go for their meetings.

The management was very strick, eveyone had their appointment to attend, to see a docotor, or get help to explain about the care they will be recieving on the day.
There is no typical day, as everyday can be very different and present new challenges. I have learned to be able to solve and change and adapt to new situations arising. Management is very kind and helpful in almost all matters. The workplace is very inclusive and multicultural which would allow anyone from and race, religion or place feel very welcome. Hardest part of the job would be the wait times in between different tasks in clinic which could get tiresome. The most enjoyable aspect is the direct effect our trials have on patient lives which are helping and making a difference to peoples lives.
Friendly warm environment. I feel staff are well looked after. Given it’s a relatively small hospital it’s easier to get to know people making it a more pleasant atmosphere . You tend to work better as a team with people you know.
There is nothing good I can say about this trust.
That is the best I can say.

There is nothing else I wish to waste my time or effort on.

Toxic culture

Toxic culture

Bullying
Never really worked in the public sector, in particular - the NHS. Was very different travelling to the city and time has literally flown by. Enjoyed learning about client engagement and a different perspective of values in a hospital environment.
NHS has a lot of different units where occupational therapy can reach the goals and it has a good environment and nice co-workers as well
Trust staff are incredibly kind and supportive as well as excellent in their respective fields. Management are firm but fair and all share a collective goal of bettering patient care and furthering advancement for the trust. Excellent place to work.
A professional a nd friendly environment, where being helpful to the people is the main aim.
Very professional staff, always informed about the new scientific findings.
Being a volunteer for UCL Hospital was the best thing. The staff is friendly, they teach you so much about the role you undertaken. The key to enjoy your time as a volunteer or as a staff member in UCLH is to be respectful and eager to learn as the older staff are always having the best intentions to teach you new skills and knowledge.
I have only done work experience at the hospital in the radiography department and that has been very rewarding. I have learned a lot of things and the team leader of the department was very patience and explained everything thoroughly.
I provided care and assistant to patients. some days were extremely stressful as there was short staff and a lot more patients and you didnt get everything done as there was not enough support.
UCLH Promotes Teamwork ,problem solving and team building to deliver Health Care to Patient. I learned to promote and to focused multidisciplinary approach to care in collaboration with carers,health care professionals and other agencies and services.
Pros
Safe Working Environment.
Cons
More than 5 patient/nurse ratio
NHS teaching hospital in central London. very good modern matron to work for. I would encourage anyone to work there. They are a fair employer and enjoyable teams to work with.
A good place to work , and a good place for grate career progession.

fun loving collegues, a lovely hosptail . and helps with growing in career path .
UCLH is a decent hospital, the clinical staff care and work hard for the patients but the UCLH BRC is useless and wastes millions of pounds on stupid ideas and initiatives designed for publicity only. Most people working in the BRC and JRO have no understanding whatsoever of any science, research, medicine or clinical activity, especially the operations managers, and get things wrong all the time.They cant even advise each other successfully let alone anyone else, it's cringworthy every time they open their mouths.The BRC and JRO is a spy infested working environment and you only get ahead if you spy on everyone and pass it on to superiors - that's the only skill you need, oh and lying. Lying about everything. Most people there should be awarded an Oscar for their lying abilities, they really are impressive. If you try to improve things, they get rid of you. Bullying and intimidation is the normal method of communication.They protect and promote the worst people imaginable as long as they'll spy for them or get them what they want. If you care about the patients and value the research and have any integrity, AVOID.
Pros
central London location, decent people outside the BRC and JRO
Cons
the BRC and JRO
NHNN is one of the sites of ULCH and in my opinion the best of all the sites I have worked in. Perhaps because it is a smaller hospital and everyone is friendly and knows each other by name where-ever you go in the hospital. The staff have a sense of humour and not a day goes by that I don't have a good belly laugh.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
demanding patients
Although is a busy hospital its streesfree and you can enjoy and do your job much easier. I am happy working here . Colleagues and managers are easy to work with. Such a friendly place to be working in.
I only bank worked here but it's a nice little unit and very friendly. It's typical NHS but so far the pressures are less on this hospital as it's specialised.
Work life balance could be improved .Needed more meetings and staff engagement . My hours were 08.00 to 16.30 . Some on call weekends . I could use my own car with paid mileage or use company car. I worked around various clinics in Ealing . I conducted clinics in health centres around Ealing .
Pros
Good commuting distance
Cons
Management could engage better with staff
Ask a question about working or interviewing at University College London Hospitals NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
University College London Hospitals NHS Trust Reviews by Location