Universal Care Services Employee Reviews

Coleshill Branch
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire13 January 2019
Working with Coleshill Branch for a while now. They have made a lot of improvement. I am quite happy to visit the office and feels like a part of the team unlike a few months ago. My clients are much happier and if they complain the office staff tries their best to resolve the situation promptly.

If you are looking for a job, please do not hesitate to contact the Coleshill Branch, the atmosphere is almost friendly and pleasant i
Pros
lovely clients and care staff, much improved
Official response from Universal Care Services
14 January 2019

Thank you for your review. We are constantly aiming to improve the company and we value your feedback.

Terrible place Would never go back
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire25 September 2018
Treated like rubbish by management who think it’s okay to bully you because you’re young. Forced to walk on your own late and night. No support from management or supervisors. Handed a sick note in through anxiety and stress caused by them and have never heard from them since so have got a new job and thankful to never have to speak to anyone from there again. If you’re thinking of working here, think again. Would never go back in a million years. Place needs closing down or new management because the ones there don’t have a clue what they are doing and I’m shocked that they’re still running. They have no respect for service users and are well known for ‘the care company that doesn’t care’ the management and supervisors let down the carers and make us look bad when they change call times without informing anyone. Pay is poor and that if you even get paid right.
Pros
Service users are mostly lovely
Cons
Long hours. Management.
Official response from Universal Care Services
1 October 2018

Hi there, in response to your review, we do apologise for the inconvenience caused. We take all matters very seriously and we would really like for you to get in touch with the branch (024 7637 1197) and speak to the Operations Manager who would like to discuss and investigate this situation further. You may also email at info@universalcareservices.co.uk. Thank you.

Terrible company
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton5 September 2018
Management-
VERY poor communication
not professional
talk to their employees disrespectfully
make you feel small
Pay-
if you're a walker, they don't pay you for walking time
if you drive, the pay for mileage is bad
Only pro-
the clients
Pros
clients
Cons
everything else
Poor management
Community Carer (Former Employee) –  Coleshill1 September 2018
What you’re told in your interview, is different to when you start working for them. Managers always leave after a few months. A lot of work to do, to get the company back up to a good standard. Poor communication between office staff and carers. Rotas change almost daily. Texts are always being sent out to check your updated rota. Coordinater, is rude and abrupt. Otherwise, clients and carers are lovely. Need a lot of patience to work here.
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Poorly managed.
Not very good
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire18 February 2018
I loved this job when I first started, great clients enjoyable work , great team but then change of management made this a job a nightmare, rude office staff and management who were happy to give you a 15 hour shift with a 7 hour gap overnight before starting the next day,
Not willing to compromise on a fair shift pattern, not bothered if you’re over worked or not, availability went out the window, and you were given all hours
Rubbish rates of pay and mileage considering how hard you work
Pros
Great clients
Cons
Incompetent management
Mad house
Carer (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire16 February 2018
Feel sorry for the many lovely clients as their care is in the hands of idiots for the most part. A constant turn around of managers seniors or Co ordinator lead to calls being missed leaving vulnerable people at risk. The carers are also treated badly and a lot of very good caring people have left recently due to the dreadful way senior management have treated us. Taking everyone's regular clients off them with a take it or leave it attitude. They need to learn decent man management. This leads to a constant stream of new carers with little or no experience and little interest in the clients being the only ones left. The senior managers need to appreciate their workers. Someone needs to get a grip of rotas without causing upset and mayhem for all involved. It used to be a great company to work for but since it expanded its gone drastically downhill which means good staff and paying customers pay the price.
Pros
Meeting some genuinely nice clients
Cons
Really bad management especially at senior level. Uncaring and incompetant
Poor company
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton2 February 2018
12 days of constant working
On your only 2 days off after your 12 on you get phone calls to work your days off. If you say no your made to feel guilty.
Expected to do long hours all the time (6am-10:30/11pm)
No Care or compassion for staff
Rude office staff to both carers and clients
Poor pay for drivers to cover mileage.
No work/home life balance
Pros
The clients you look after
Cons
The management
Care worker nuneaton
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire16 November 2017
I work for universal care and I love it the clients are lovely and friendlyou. The staff are friendly.the money is good the training is good to help u learn about the job. I love doing my job
Pros
Lovely staff and clients
Terrible company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire13 September 2017
Poor training and management are very rude no people skills what so ever not interested in carers or clients needs. Most carers are still with the company only for the clients. I would not recommend this company to work for or care for friends and family.
Pros
Lovely clients
Demanding
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 September 2017
I do not receive a weekly rotor. I receive phone calls from the office as late as 11:30pm at night telling me what clients i am covering the next day, i often start at 7am so i find this very unprofessional. However i enjoy the job itself , i get on very well with my clients. The clients often tell us story's about their lives when they were younger which can be very interesting to hear. I would like to continue in this line of work.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Phone calls at late hours from the office
freindly staff and fun place to work
Community Carer (Former Employee) –  Northampton11 September 2017
good place to work, the staff were very helpful and understanding when i first started working here, the clients who i worked with were lovely, good pay, flexible hours.
Pros
flexible hours to suit your lifestyle.
Okay work place
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton10 June 2017
Job it self is good due to clients being friendly but the nuneaton office is very poorly run, its low pay and the mileage is low, its very hard to run a car with this company due to such low pay in wages and mileage.
really nice company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Birmingham, UK22 March 2017
Each day would start with my 7am call going from home to home helping the elderly to do daily tasks I learned all about person-centred care and many more things management were very good. they were a bit in-organised but very helpful.
Pros
every other weekend off
Cons
long hours surrounded by death
Carer for universal care
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire1 March 2017
I have worked as a carer to make a difference to peoples lives. Ive worked independently and as a groups to provide care to enable individuals live the life they wish. This included personal care, mobility support and support during general day to day activities.

I've worked independently and doubled up to help people in need of routine support. This includes clients that are bed bound along with limited mobility issues.

I've accurately logged activities taken/performed and ensured that it is documented accordingly to provide a report to what is ongoing.

I have performed personal care duties also to support clients that are less abled to look after themselves.
Pros
Ability to speak to new clients, form relationships.
Cons
Not enough or regular hours
Absolute joke
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton16 November 2016
went on a 4 day training course unpaid and was promised 40 hours a week, after the training was given no hours. Poor communication. Terrible management and office staff.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Terrible management, poor training
job
Care Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester31 October 2016
I didnt like working here; the management was poor! no communication. The managment of reviewing the clients was poor, didnt have a routine and didnt know any previous facts on the new clients you were going in to.
Very busy all the time
Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Northampton, ENG7 May 2015
Due to the job requirements I spend most of the days with clients and there is almost no contact with other co-workers. A very demanding job for little money. You have to be able to manage your time very efficiently to be able to do all your duties within the time given for each visit. That was the main lesson I learnt. You meet a lot of people from all over the world working there and everyone I have met is active and pleasant.

The hardest part of the job: you work with fragile people (the clients) and you must learn not to get involved emotionaly when they suffer you must be a very strong person.

The most enjoyable part of the job: when a dementia client acknowledges and thanks you for all you have done, and when every one else thanks you and is glad to see you.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3