Universal Care Services Employee Reviews in Nuneaton

Awful
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire21 November 2019
shocking company! Offices don’t communicate with staff or service users! Don’t pay you correctly. I had service users complaining about the company and leaving to get better and correct package.
Great friends made
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton13 November 2019
Ran horrendously but under new management which seems much better and would now recommend people to work for them as the remaining staff are superb and really c
complete rubbish
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton5 November 2019
was not the job i thought it was, they didnt seem to care about staff or there clients, there where more clients saying they are leaving the service due to not having the right care or no one turned up at all.
Please Do Not Waste You’re Time
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire3 October 2019
Sometimes no Dbs checks, known offenders are employed to go to vulnerable peoples. service users get left with no care calls, staff change the system to say calls are being done,
care workers are making medication errors, not a care company, if you want to get more ill. Service users had no care and found deceased three days later.
helpful and enjoyable work place
Deputy Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 September 2019
staff are very friendly and willing to help each other. This was a challenging job that I found a lot if satisfactory with. Enjoyed my time there and met a lot of friendly and professional people
The worst company ever
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 May 2019
If you are looking for a job with staff who care about your needs and your health, this company is not for you. In training they say that your health is important as it affects the health of the clients. However if you are ill, they will force you to come into work. Also, I left the company two months ago and have not been paid properly since the start of the year. The management and office staff are incredibly rude towards you and do not care about your issues. Do not work for this company. The pay rate is a massive joke as well. You will get paid next to nothing considering the amount of hours they make you work.
Joke
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire2 May 2019
Don't work there unless you have no self respect or absolutely desperate for a bit of money. Awful management, coordinators don't want speak to you, 0 hours contract, will not pay you correctly, you have to beg to take your holidays. Supervisor's are clueless, they never stay long anyway. Office staff don't care what they say, they have no respect for staff. If you don't agree to work hours they want, they won't be giving you work.
Job itself was rewarding but the company needs improvement.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire30 January 2019
The caring part of the job itself was great and rewarding; I was asked to do extra shifts constantly and if I told them I was not available then they would pressure me into accepting them as I felt they were under staffed most of the time. Also, in two weeks worked I only had 2 days off, this was frustrating as it was hard to keep up with plans and have a sociable life with friends and family, let alone have time to myself. I experienced some family problems and as a company that I worked for nearly over year and a half, I thought they would have been a bit more compassionate with me taking leave for it; but were more concern about who would cover my shift. (nobody from the company asked me if I was ok; which I felt was very unprofessional) I thought this company would be great to work for but it just took all my time and I felt unappreciated.
Pros
a rewarding job
Cons
2 days off in a fortnight
Terrible place Would never go back
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire25 September 2018
Treated like rubbish by management who think it’s okay to bully you because you’re young. Forced to walk on your own late and night. No support from management or supervisors. Handed a sick note in through anxiety and stress caused by them and have never heard from them since so have got a new job and thankful to never have to speak to anyone from there again. If you’re thinking of working here, think again. Would never go back in a million years. Place needs closing down or new management because the ones there don’t have a clue what they are doing and I’m shocked that they’re still running. They have no respect for service users and are well known for ‘the care company that doesn’t care’ the management and supervisors let down the carers and make us look bad when they change call times without informing anyone. Pay is poor and that if you even get paid right.
Pros
Service users are mostly lovely
Cons
Long hours. Management.
Official response from Universal Care Services
1 October 2018

Hi there, in response to your review, we do apologise for the inconvenience caused. We take all matters very seriously and we would really like for you to get in touch with the branch (024 7637 1197) and speak to the Operations Manager who would like to discuss and investigate this situation further. You may also email at info@universalcareservices.co.uk. Thank you.

Terrible company
Care worker assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton5 September 2018
Management-
VERY poor communication
not professional
talk to their employees disrespectfully
make you feel small
Pay-
if you're a walker, they don't pay you for walking time
if you drive, the pay for mileage is bad
Only pro-
the clients
Pros
clients
Cons
everything else
Poor company
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton2 February 2018
12 days of constant working
On your only 2 days off after your 12 on you get phone calls to work your days off. If you say no your made to feel guilty.
Expected to do long hours all the time (6am-10:30/11pm)
No Care or compassion for staff
Rude office staff to both carers and clients
Poor pay for drivers to cover mileage.
No work/home life balance
Pros
The clients you look after
Cons
The management
Care worker nuneaton
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire16 November 2017
I work for universal care and I love it the clients are lovely and friendlyou. The staff are friendly.the money is good the training is good to help u learn about the job. I love doing my job
Pros
Lovely staff and clients
Okay work place
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton10 June 2017
Job it self is good due to clients being friendly but the nuneaton office is very poorly run, its low pay and the mileage is low, its very hard to run a car with this company due to such low pay in wages and mileage.
Carer for universal care
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire1 March 2017
I have worked as a carer to make a difference to peoples lives. Ive worked independently and as a groups to provide care to enable individuals live the life they wish. This included personal care, mobility support and support during general day to day activities.

I've worked independently and doubled up to help people in need of routine support. This includes clients that are bed bound along with limited mobility issues.

I've accurately logged activities taken/performed and ensured that it is documented accordingly to provide a report to what is ongoing.

I have performed personal care duties also to support clients that are less abled to look after themselves.
Pros
Ability to speak to new clients, form relationships.
Cons
Not enough or regular hours
Absolute joke
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton16 November 2016
went on a 4 day training course unpaid and was promised 40 hours a week, after the training was given no hours. Poor communication. Terrible management and office staff.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Terrible management, poor training