Universal Care Services Employee Reviews

Great friends made
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton13 November 2019
Ran horrendously but under new management which seems much better and would now recommend people to work for them as the remaining staff are superb and really c
complete rubbish
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton5 November 2019
was not the job i thought it was, they didnt seem to care about staff or there clients, there where more clients saying they are leaving the service due to not having the right care or no one turned up at all.
Please Do Not Waste You’re Time
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire3 October 2019
Sometimes no Dbs checks, known offenders are employed to go to vulnerable peoples. service users get left with no care calls, staff change the system to say calls are being done,
care workers are making medication errors, not a care company, if you want to get more ill. Service users had no care and found deceased three days later.
helpful and enjoyable work place
Deputy Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 September 2019
staff are very friendly and willing to help each other. This was a challenging job that I found a lot if satisfactory with. Enjoyed my time there and met a lot of friendly and professional people
Good start to the job
Carer (Current Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire26 July 2019
I enjoy my job the office are helpful and my hours are good
I can discuss concerns about my clients with my manager and my manager is polite and kind. I enjoy working for universal so far
Horrible place to work even clients complain constantly
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire13 June 2019
Poor management happy to take clients money absolutely no respect for the clients or staff who work long hours always making massive mistakes that the carers have to deal with the abuse from clients and their family due to poor communication poor timing not listening to carers or family concerns management ridiculous if your a parent with young children don't not work here they will have you working stupid hours happily 15 hour shifts at times and always weekends even when explaining you cant work weekends they put more and more calls on you with no travel time end a call for example 8.30pm and your next call would be 15min drive and start at 8.30pm would not recommend this company to anyone and if you have family member with dementia who needs same carers and times do not go here as these do not care at all how this affects that client and how emotional it is even when carers Express there concerns they would happily say dont worry about it wont hurt
The worst company ever
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire12 May 2019
If you are looking for a job with staff who care about your needs and your health, this company is not for you. In training they say that your health is important as it affects the health of the clients. However if you are ill, they will force you to come into work. Also, I left the company two months ago and have not been paid properly since the start of the year. The management and office staff are incredibly rude towards you and do not care about your issues. Do not work for this company. The pay rate is a massive joke as well. You will get paid next to nothing considering the amount of hours they make you work.
Joke
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire2 May 2019
Don't work there unless you have no self respect or absolutely desperate for a bit of money. Awful management, coordinators don't want speak to you, 0 hours contract, will not pay you correctly, you have to beg to take your holidays. Supervisor's are clueless, they never stay long anyway. Office staff don't care what they say, they have no respect for staff. If you don't agree to work hours they want, they won't be giving you work.
Beware!!! of this lying greedy company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedworth, Warwickshire1 May 2019
Worst company I have ever worked with, the Rota Coordinator and the Managers in Nuneaton branch are very rude, arrogant, inconsiderate and lies all the time.
-Pays only a fraction of holiday pay however worst thing is when you leave your job they dont pay you the entitled holiday money.
-Treats the Carers like a piece of s..., the Carers and the Supervisors are always leaving the job due to the unprofessional management.
-Dont expect the management to give you a reference because they dont as it goes straight to the bin.
-You get punished (stops you from work for a week) if you dont agree to work extra hours to cover for someone else.
Pros
lovely clients
Cons
everything
Good hours
Carer (Current Employee) –  Castle bromwich smiths wood27 April 2019
Good hours good pay overtime available
Seniors and managers listen to me
Nice job and they will enrol me on my level 3 which i wanted 2 to for a while
Pros
Everything at the moment
Nice place to work
Carer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsley wood19 April 2019
I get on well with all the staff in the office and the clients are really nice if i have any problem my managers will do there best to sort the problem out. The hours are good and flexible around me, i sometimes get phonecalls to see if calls can be covered but they are not pushy if i say no. If you want extra work they have that available and are understanding about home life committments
Pros
Flexible, nice staff and clients
Cons
None yet
The most unprofessional company out there
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry17 April 2019
The service users are lovely. However, the office is not bothered about your family life or the clients. They will ring you every day to pick calls up even if your off. If you dont they dont want to know you. Communication is very poor between carers and them. They are know as 'the care company that doesn't care' which is totally true. Had motor problems didn't even care about it. Never tried to give me work during this periode.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Long hours, mileage pay, Office
Awful
Care worker (Former Employee) –  Coleshill21 March 2019
They are not good people to work with. Speak down to their staff and make you feel like you’re doing things wrong. Doesn’t matter what hours you say you can’t do they will still continuously ask you to do it. Don’t bother.
Corby.
Never worked thank god (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire25 February 2019
I really would avoid this company at all costs. I myself hear management in the office talking badly of clients. The manager would always be leaving when she felt like it and was hardly there. Complete bullies, only care about the money they're receiving not the care there giving.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Talk bad of clients.
Bad Managment
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire6 February 2019
The majority of staff in the office were fantastic people, however the training, support, and feedback provided by management were appalling. I was employed at the young age of 17 as an admin assistant with very little work experience (which they were fully aware of), however on my first day of work, I was provided with 30 minutes of training on the computer. All the work I did was exactly how I was instructed to do so, but I was given no feedback on my performance. My probation period was then ended due to "poor performance" (with no warning or chance to improve my level of work). I was originally given 2 days notice, even though it said I would need 1 weeks notice in my contract. I took this up with my manager and they disputed it, and only until I took the issue up with head office, I was given the week's notice. I absolutely loved all the service users I spoke with along with the office staff and carers, however the company and management are very unorganised.
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
Unorganised and rude Management
Good Care Job with good prospects, I would Definatly recommend
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coleshill31 January 2019
I have worked for the Universal Care since August 2018, at first I would admit I was sceptical about joining the company as reading some of the reviews on here was slightly off putting. However, putting that aside I can say I have settled into my Job role well and enjoy working with both Management/Office Staff and Carers. Everyone has a very caring nature, including those in management which is what I believe counts in care. There are good job advancements and room for growth within the company, whether that be an NVQ or job growth. I have a great amount of support from the Office members of staff and management are always willing to help. The working pattern is good and works well with my other commitments and if I ever do have any problem, they are always willing to work with me to ensure that I am happy. They have good incentives which I have joined up to, one of them being health insurance scheme and a discount card for all staff. There are plenty of hours available and we do not find ourselves fighting over hours or with gaps on our rota. The pay rate is good and includes mileage in between calls, which at my old company was only 15p per mile but is much more here. Both walkers and drivers are accomodated at Universal which is good as normally at most companies you go to the walkers are not really accomodated. The clients are really lovely and if i ever have a concern and let the office know they are really professional about it and take me seriously by looking into it.
Pros
Caring, Good Hours and Mileage Paid
Cons
Previous owners have had bad publicity which puts you slightly off telling people where you work, however I can honestly say that it certainly does not reflect since the new owners have taken over.
Job itself was rewarding but the company needs improvement.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire30 January 2019
The caring part of the job itself was great and rewarding; I was asked to do extra shifts constantly and if I told them I was not available then they would pressure me into accepting them as I felt they were under staffed most of the time. Also, in two weeks worked I only had 2 days off, this was frustrating as it was hard to keep up with plans and have a sociable life with friends and family, let alone have time to myself. I experienced some family problems and as a company that I worked for nearly over year and a half, I thought they would have been a bit more compassionate with me taking leave for it; but were more concern about who would cover my shift. (nobody from the company asked me if I was ok; which I felt was very unprofessional) I thought this company would be great to work for but it just took all my time and I felt unappreciated.
Pros
a rewarding job
Cons
2 days off in a fortnight
Good friendly care company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire27 January 2019
I have been working for the Coleshill Branch for around 5 months now and enjoy working with everyone in the branch. Everyone is willing to help each other out and the management team are very professional. If you have a query they are always willing to help and get back to you fast. I have no issues with my pay as im paid on time, which was on of my gripes in my old company. We have just newly been given a lovely smart new uniform which i think compliments us as carers. The supervisors and cordinator is very helpful and she understands everything you say to her and listens rather than pretending to listen. She and others put us the carers first and always help. I am very happy at universal and can see that improvements to everything are improving on a daily basis.
Pros
Good hours
28 January 2019

Thank you for your kind comments. We are so glad that you have settled well in your role and finding the benefits of the company. Comments like these really demonstrate how we are constantly trying to improve our company, not just for our service users but our amazing carers that we are very proud of. So thank you!

Coleshill Branch
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coleshill, Warwickshire13 January 2019
Working with Coleshill Branch for a while now. They have made a lot of improvement. I am quite happy to visit the office and feels like a part of the team unlike a few months ago. My clients are much happier and if they complain the office staff tries their best to resolve the situation promptly.

If you are looking for a job, please do not hesitate to contact the Coleshill Branch, the atmosphere is almost friendly and pleasant i
Pros
lovely clients and care staff, much improved
14 January 2019

Thank you for your review. We are constantly aiming to improve the company and we value your feedback.

Terrible place Would never go back
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire25 September 2018
Treated like rubbish by management who think it’s okay to bully you because you’re young. Forced to walk on your own late and night. No support from management or supervisors. Handed a sick note in through anxiety and stress caused by them and have never heard from them since so have got a new job and thankful to never have to speak to anyone from there again. If you’re thinking of working here, think again. Would never go back in a million years. Place needs closing down or new management because the ones there don’t have a clue what they are doing and I’m shocked that they’re still running. They have no respect for service users and are well known for ‘the care company that doesn’t care’ the management and supervisors let down the carers and make us look bad when they change call times without informing anyone. Pay is poor and that if you even get paid right.
Pros
Service users are mostly lovely
Cons
Long hours. Management.
1 October 2018

Hi there, in response to your review, we do apologise for the inconvenience caused. We take all matters very seriously and we would really like for you to get in touch with the branch (024 7637 1197) and speak to the Operations Manager who would like to discuss and investigate this situation further. You may also email at info@universalcareservices.co.uk. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3