Unitemps Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Subject Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Canterbury15 February 2019
Good pay for a short number of hours. Great opportunities for other jobs and further opportunities. Will be working for them again as really enjoyed working for them.
Flexible and great for students
Marketing and Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  London13 January 2019
Flexible hours and very suitable for students. Easy work, easy money. Most work includes talking and greeting people, so is sometimes a very social job. Very rewarding at time as you need to help prospective students figure out their path.
Dinner Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Leicester21 November 2018
Nice place to work as you are allowed to work on your initiative in most of the roles. However, the limited number of hours to work is one of the challenging aspect of the organisation.
Good job for students
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leicester6 August 2018
I enjoyed the flexible hours, a range of available duties and the friendly atmosphere during my time at Unitemps. Perfect option for students wanting to earn a little extra pocket money.
good for students and flexible on work
October 2017 Open Day Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester26 July 2018
allowed me to study at the same time. good pay, and the staff were all really nice. learnt on the job. good for CV and helps earn while studying. jobs too short though, needed to last longer
Not great, never taken seriously
Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands29 June 2018
Not enough hours to go round, poor pay compared to what we could be earning. Management are useless to be honest, takes them a while to sort out any issues. Students don't respect you most the time i.e. being late, not turning up so you miss out on the full pay you could of got.
Fun place to work
Coffee barista (Current Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire17 April 2018
This role is about: preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies, talking to costumes, provide the perfect costumes' service and on the end of shift to complete shutdown tasks, such as cleaning the main area or restocking shelves behind the counter.
Great Jobs and Company
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DMU9 March 2018
Unitemps are very helpful as a temp agency

The jobs are varied and really good

Friendly staff and friendly working environment and culture

Management are very pleasant

Pay is good
Pros
Varied contracts, good pay
Cons
chairs aren't too comfortable
excellent company
Building Attendant (Current Employee) –  DMU LEICESTER20 February 2018
a brilliant company to work for. the only downside is the job security and explaining to others when in a full time position that you are working regular hours as unitemps is after all only an agency
Store assistant
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands11 February 2018
Great job , friendly environment , good college , punctual and weekends shifts as well , everyday they offered lots of job with different title. More opportunity for getting job, easy access websit.
good environment to be in
Traffic Control Operative (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands6 February 2018
salary was not as expected, training was poor, it was dis-organised. However, my colleagues I was working alongside with made my experience at the place worth while and have taught me how to deal with situations such as how to write tickets, deal with complaints and etc.
Amazing freedom in choosing hours
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Leicester11 November 2017
As a student ambassador, you can choose when you want to work and therefore you're not committed to working during revision or exams for example. Everyone on the team is so lovely and always ensure you're comfortable and know what you're doing. You can talk to the leaders about any worries and they always emphasise how no question is silly.
Pros
Lunch Included, Pay
Cons
Sometimes a lot of standing around not doing much
Flexible
Support Worker/ Note Taker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 October 2017
This is a flexible job role if you are studying however, there is inconsistency in your pay as you do not get paid until your students confirm your time sheets which can become a problem if this job is your only source of income.
The working environment is good and it is a great way for you to increase your own knowledge and step out of your comfort zone. this is a good job if you want to gain experience but not good for a long-term job.
Pros
short hours
Cons
inconsistent pay
Flexible place to work
Bar Staff, steward (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands9 October 2017
Flexible, good pay and fits around education. Various job roles available, most jobs in local area, perfect for students. Also have full time roles and graduate schemes available.
Very good
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottinghamshire15 September 2017
Frequent emails about shifts available, workplace culture was good as well as management. I learnt the hospitality skills required for a catering role.
The best company I've ever worked for
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent22 August 2017
I have always enjoyed working for the Staffordshire branch of Unitemps. My managers care about my well-being, the pay is very fair, and the accumulation of hours adds up in holiday pay. Team work is vital, but you'll gain so many new skills during your time, and because it's a temp company, you're spoiled for choice in jobs you can apply for.
Pros
Caring employers, holiday pay, good hours
Flexible Work
Temporary Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Northampton3 August 2017
Positions are consistently updated as some are only for one day, and Unitemps have a great structure to ensure the positions are filled quickly. A great opportunity to earn flexibly alongside studies while at university.
Pros
High rate of pay
Fun
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Canterbury13 May 2017
On a typical open day, my job starts by meeting the new student who has come for interviews.I introduce myself and explain what we going to do.I take my group of students around the campus telling them about adult Nursing and how the programme is structured and answering any burning questions they might have.The hardest part is if you are asked something you can not explain.The most enjoyable part is you got to meet them first hand and if they do manage to get a place and start you become friends.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
long time to wait to get paid as we paid per month
Unitemps
Mechanical Engineering tutor (Former Employee) –  Warwick1 March 2017
Its great working with Unitemps . They provide flexible jobs during school and holiday term, whilst I study. I have learnt good teaching skills while tutoring the students I met.

The most enjoyable thing about the job is that it is flexible and the staff of Unitemps are great.
Enjoyable role for someone who enjoys studying
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham25 October 2016
Working at Unitemps has been enjoyable as I am someone who enjoys being in a University environment, being amidst the buzz of students and learning new things in lectures. It has been a very rewarding experience for me supporting disabled students in getting their degrees. Most of the time you work alone, or with the student you are supporting. I find that the hardest part of the job is the inconsistency of work. You may be booked in for a full week of work but then if a student falls ill, or lectures get cancelled you lose out on work and pay. It is not very stable. I think it is perfect for someone looking for part-time work or current students, but as a full-time job trying to earn a living it is very stressful. In addition, as it is an agency you don't get paid over the holidays so it can be stressful to go weeks or months without pay especially during the summer holidays. Although you accumulate holiday pay over the academic year, it is not enough to get you by when you are out of work.
Pros
Flexible hours, you pick the hours you want to work
Cons
Unstable, work is never guaranteed