Unitel Direct

Unitel Direct Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
Easy to make friends and help each other out
I feel like I learn something new everyday, theres always new challenges in the customers I help and with helping other staff members. The workplace culture is amazing we all get along like great friends. The hardest part of the job would be when sometimes I wish I could be physically there with the customer helping them rather than over the phone, as I feel what I do is quite complex.
Proud to be part of this team
Worked here now for 4 months. Started just before xmas and couldn't believe how busy the place was still. Normally companies slow down for xmas but not here. Instantly fell in love with the place. The people who I work with are amazing. Everyone looks out for one another as well. Im excited to be part of Unitel at the moment and I have just applied to work on the new team being established after the purchase of another company. Fingers crossed !!!
Pros
Money, co-workers - the job
Cons
Sometimes irate customers
Great contact centre
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to be rewarded for your hard work, Unitel is the best place to be, they have incentives throughout the months with the chance to earn a lot of money through commission, the company is looking to grow and create new roles for people all the time and has a great team from the floor all the way up to the top!
Great Company
From start to finish great all round. Vibrant and a strong helpful team who invest time into you success. With that outstanding work/lifestyle hours. If you have a good work ethic you will earn very good money and be rewarded with great incentives.
Pros
Can earn very good money
Amazing if your good at sales
Been here for 9 months and I absolutely love it. It’s extremely busy, like crazy busy!!! But I love that. Typical day is taking calls from customers who have requested a call back about our services or taking incoming calls from the lead generators. The job is quite stressful but all sales jobs can be. It’s very strict on compliance so be aware of that. The customers can be challenging sometimes. Fun lively office that is full of energy. A customer of mine wanted to come in and see us face to face and they were blown away by the office and how positive the place is
High Pressure Telesales
Effectively using strategic words to get around legal loopholes to sell products to a buissness that wasn't expecting a sales call.
Can't say much more as the legal team will just remove it.
Good place to work but very busy
Enjoyed my time working here, made some brilliant friends, co-workers are all friendly and good fun, the office is very good fun and the teams all work well together. Its very very busy, like incredibly busy, constantly, all day everyday.
Pros
Good commission when hit target
Cons
Irate customers
pressured
Not a place i would ever look at working again or recommending for anyone
Amazing set of people
Had the best experience of MY LIFE working with Unitel, absolutely didnt want to move on but finally got the chance of a lifetime job relating to my degree.
The office is booming everyday and people are genuinely happy who I worked with, its not your average call centre at all. Worked for a telecoms firm in a call centre role and the 2 are worlds apart. Job is quite hard but the pay is brilliant
Pros
Cons
Pain in the backside customers
fun workplace but hard work
quite straight forward job, not exactly rocket science but have to be very self motivated and money driven. decent management always there to help and advise.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
favouritism among staff
Great
Very fun and "buzzy" offices, everyone is always willing to help out co-workers and keep one another motivated, occasional bad apples (as you get in every office) but the culture is not hire and fire at all. In fact - people are kept on longer than I think should be for non performance.
I actually know who the person was who wrote the bad review, who happened to be one of the ones that needed to be let go a long long time ago.
Pros
Fun Lively office
Cons
Some customers
Avoid
Everyone is really nice to start with. Very secretive and people get sacked over the smallest thing. One minute they are there, next they have gone and nobody is allowed to talk about it. Didn't pay me either or holidays I was due. Bonus scheme looks good but unachievable.
Pros
Sometimes alcohol on a Friday and work collegues are nice.
Cons
Management have their favorites. Once your card is marked, your out the door. No compassion.
Call Centre
My typical day was on the phone to business and asking them about their utilities and if they would like to make a saving on those, whilst at Unitel I improved my phone manner and I also was able to work on my own and work toward my own target every month and I also learnt to work in a team and to reach the team target and help other team members when they might be struggling with something.
The hardest part of my job was when business people would hang up the phone or would scream and swear at me because I called, the most enjoyable about my job was the atmosphere within the work place and the support that i recieved off my team leader.