United Utilities Employee Reviews

work place full of opportunities
Event and Scheduling specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire21 October 2019
I was lucky enough to get a weekend job while at university on one of the most important teams within united Utilities. I have had the opportunity to manage projects, be part of an diverse team and be given responsibility. A typical day at United Utilities as part of the Events team is to reach to events including no waters, poor pressure and discoloured water and managing the response and keeping customers up to date. I feel privileged to be given such an amazing opportunity.
Enjoyed the work, but role changed due to take over so vol redundancy taken
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Samlesbury, Lancashire23 September 2019
Where I worked has been sold to another company so I took voluntary redundancy, therefore I no longer know what a typical day is as the conditions have changed from when United Utilities owned the Project Management element.
Pros
Expenses, camaraderie
Cons
My area sold off
Customer Service / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Warrington31 August 2019
Enjoyable environment to work

Management are great

Workers of all ages

Well paid

Car share available

Food canteen available on site

Out of work time activities
Professional and personal workplace
Business Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lingley Mere31 August 2019
Flexible working hours as a contractor and open minded to business suggestions. Always dedicated to providing working relationships and dedicated to delivering strong service.
Great Company
Internship (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire30 August 2019
Refreshing and welcoming workplace, will an environment that is constantly adapting to new challenges and innovations. The workplace is new and modern.
Stable employment
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cheadle Heath, Greater Manchester29 July 2019
I enjoyed the stability of the job at the time and felt valued in my role. The work was varied and I was trained on the job which helped to learn all aspects of the role.
Avoid
Court Team Collections Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire14 July 2019
Terrible upper management. Zero chance of job progression. Rubbish shifts.
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire12 July 2019
A great company to work for. There are many areas of the business you could have the opportunity to work in. Annual leave entitlement and the health benefits are an additional bonus.
Nerves of steel
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Warrington21 June 2019
You have to deal with vulnerable customer s extract as much information out of people and get them on a payment plan or trust fund. Can be quite harrowing but if you have thick skin or you don't have a household to run then ideal for you as you have no idea what the customers gone through. Management supportive. However quality is a nightmare they can belittle you and use this as a mechanism for pay or to get rid of you basically treat you in the worst way. Culture is very old council type still think they are a government body.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Quality team
Stressful
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Whitehaven, Cumbria17 June 2019
expected to take up to 100 calls a day. targets are set very high so if you don't take enough payments you are asked why. end of the day if people can't pay it's hard to get money out of them. great work friends though who made the days fly in. I didn't feel the management liked the agency staff though and it's hard to get taken on permanently.
Pros
made great friends
Cons
terbbile shift patterns
great team to work with
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester28 May 2019
great benefits to working for company. simple working hours, great place to work to advance computer skills and advancing on computing programmes never used before
Excellent place to work
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire9 April 2019
Excellent place to work, I worked on a variety of challenging projects across all areas of the business, using different project methodologies and worked with some great people.
Good Place
Billing Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cumbria21 February 2019
A well paid job with many benefits. Its very pleasing to speak to many different people on a daily basis knowing that you can make a positive difference in their day. I have a passion to provide very good customer service.
Easy-going friendly atmosphere
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington3 February 2019
An exciting place to work and learn. The best part of the job is being able to work both independently and as a wider team. From day one you are able to contribute to the functions of the team making your an integral member.
United utilities
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington30 January 2019
My time at United Utilities was a fulfilling job role. I enjoyed working with the public, conversing with the public and businesses on the telephone.
SAP PM Traner/Developer
SAP TRAINING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Warrington25 December 2018
I had to write the Electrical Connections course and then deliver it to the employees. United Utilities are a good company. The employees were very keen to learn about SAP.
Pros
Good working environment
Decent place to work
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 October 2018
Decent place to work, senior management out of touch.
Come out with demoralising announcements.
New works manager MARS system is a failure and is making the flow of work slow.
productive
Process Commissioning Controller (Former Employee) –  Scotland25 October 2018
Recommends
Neutral Outlook
No opinion of CEO
I have been working at United Utilities full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Genuinely flexible and promote work/life balance. Average in terms of remuneration and benefits. Plenty of opportunities to make changes (although can be difficult to enact anything).

Productive- resolving customer issues
customer advisor advanced (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire16 October 2018
Job Role, dealing with customer complaints via email letter web chat and phone. I worked with a team of 12 all very friendly and supportive in the Job role, however management were not very supportive to the increased work load we had to take. Customer complaints on metered and non metered household customers was reduced to one team for 4 teams of 12.
Pros
Mon -friday
Cons
more support in job role from managment
People are great
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire8 October 2018
People are great, who are committed and have desire.

Management - some are not thinking of the people just the shareholders.

I manage about 70 projects varying in size up to £5 million. I have 4 direct reports. I need to review Projects milestones and cost forecasts, project program mes and the daily man management tasks.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
can be long hours if emergency work is required

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Utilities. Our community is ready to answer.