United Response

United Response Employee Reviews

United Kingdom197 reviews
Staff turnover very high
United response as a company is ok.Management seem to be not sure of job roles. Old staff are bullies towards new staff and its very hard to intergrate. New staff never last more than probation if lucky leave after a year. Culture of suspending staff over inuendos lasting months and a lot of favouritism of staff by managers. Also no one really cares for resident activities they are based on staff needs. A lot of bad practise going back many years ofstaff. Staff working up to 100hrs a week. Pay is bad the residents dont get much care. Activities are staff oriented. Very sad in that regard. They just want money .
Inconsistant and negligent
They cross the T's and tick the I's but...
On my training found a discrepency in medication.

Highlighted it.Management covered it over and then changed it.

Brought it up in the daily book.Brought it up with the pharmacist...he realised what I was saying.

Patient had fits possibly due to meds given at incorrect times
4 May 2020
Thank you for leaving your review, we are deeply concerned to read that you felt that there had been a medication error and would like to investigate this further. Could you get in contact with Mel Hicks, HR Business Partner via email: Melanie.Hicks@unitedresponse.org.uk and she will respond to you directly.
Stay away
Never in al my years have I worked somewhere with so many incompetent managers, there is one manager who is a waste of a wage never mind managing the support of vulnerable people the things I saw were unbelievable
Pros
Lovely service users and some dedicated support staff
Cons
Lazy managers very little knowledge
15 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback, I’m sorry your time with United Response has not been a positive experience. Your comments have been noted but please feel free to contact our HR team on recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk if you would like to discuss this further.
Dont work there
Management not helpful
Work is very stressful, long shifts 14.5 hours then a sleep. Lucky if you get a night sleep as if clients get up through the night, you have to.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!not appreciated
Pros
Cons
Management rude and unprofessional
1 April 2020
Thank you for your feedback, I’m sorry your time with United Response has not been a positive experience. You’re comments have been noted but please feel free to contact our HR team on recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk if you would like to discuss this further.
A very pleasant place to work for. The team is always supportive.
The management team treats every employee in the same way. With respect and dignity. The culture is brilliant and the work environment is very relaxed. They offer flexible working hours to meet the needs of every staff.
Pros
The management and business culture.
1 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review your time with United Response. We're pleased to hear of your positive experiences!
Highly recommended
I worked for United response for 4 years and probably would have still been there if I didn't move from the area.
Management were really supportive and if you had an issue they would always be around for support and advice.

United response was my first care role and the training that was provided was amazing it really gave you an insight into how the residents you were supporting may be feeling.

At the time the staff there were very supportive and I made a few friendships out of it. Just as I was leaving the staff became more divided as there was a lot of backstabbing and gossiping going on which did make the environment uncomfortable to work in but other than that I would highly recommend United response a company to work for.

United response were really good when it came to me leaving allowed me time off to go for interviews and on my leaving day got cards and gifts which made me feel appreciated and my hard work over the 4 years had been noticed.
16 March 2020
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with United Response. Wishing you all the best in your future career.
Fun and diverse workplace
Working for united response has given me many skills to improve how I work with people and the confidence to take charge and support people to benefit their lives for the better. The Job is incredibly rewarding especially with the longer you do it for.
3 February 2020
Thank you for your review! We're so pleased to hear that you enjoy working with us and that you find the work rewarding. We look forward to many more years of you working with us!
Great company just employed wrong manager who handled my tragic circumstances unfairly and wrongly
On the whole it was an enjoyable time for me working for united response i had 9 good years being a valuable team member and more importantly a friend, reliable colleague and good team player to both staff and service users. Unfortunately tragic circumstances changed all that and after that i thought i was treat unfairly, leading to change of working circumstances and finish which was whichfextextremely uncomforta
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. If you would like to discuss the issues you have raised, please can you get in touch with me at recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk Kind Regards Amy Green
Indifferent Management and Nepotism
Appalling place (Bury) to work. Bullying and nepotism are the norm, whistleblowing is what they use to find out who has a conscience so they can get rid of them.
3 February 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. The things you describe are not what we would expect of a service, please can you get in touch with me at recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk, so that I can look into this furtherr?
Kind Regards

Amy Green
Good company
I loved working here.
I started as a placement from university and carried on working in my final year. Everyone was really supportive. Good training, good management and good office staff. I was outreach so got paid mileage too- £0.45 a mile which is plenty.

I left to move back home after university and I was sad to leave, since I have worked for other care companies who were no where near the standard of UR
20 January 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experiences here at United Response. We wish you all the best for your future endeavours! Kind Regards, Recruitment Team.
Ive been left now for nearly five years and im aware there has been alot of changes
While working with UR they were forward thinking organisation
That the people we support has equal access to the same rights and opportunities.

The work at time could be challenging at times however there was support from Area management.

I always made sure that myself a d the staff team had regular supervision either individually or group sessions

20 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to review our service and your experiences here at United Response.
Kind Regards Amy Green, Recruiter
Stressful
unsupportive management.
Only care about money and not the people we support.

No extra bonuses for working Christmas day and new years day. Expected to do 12hr shift then a sleep followed by a 9hr shift!
16 January 2020
Hello, Many Thanks for your comments. Please could I ask that you get in touch with us at recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk so that we can look into this further?
Depends which house is base
Management not the best. In my opinion disclosed too much information about colleagues.15 hour shifts on 1 - 1 basis and very repetitive. Staff arranged outings for clients with other staff (mates) using clients money. Managers daughter worked in same house..... not ideal!!
6 January 2020
Thank you for your review, the contents of which is worrying.

Please could you get in touch with me at recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk so that I can look into this further? Kind Regards Amy Green, Recruiter.
Merseyside has come so far in a short time!
Great company to work for, they recognise efforts and reward them. Lots of overtime going if needed - flexible between services. Have 7 services across merseyside in a range of areas. Management team very supportive and responsive - significant improvement from previous management (whole management team is new). The new registered manager has brought significant changes that are completely recognisable from the old management team. The new area manager is actually visible in Merseyside (this was not the case before with old management team). The people we support live comfortably and happy and support staff have a good staff morale. Annual leave process is fairly structured. I have been working with them for over 2 years and can see myself here for the longstanding future as I have never stayed in a job this long before.
3 January 2020
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your role and that you feel supported and valued in your career with United Response. Thank you for your contribution to United Response and we wish you many more happy years with us!
Management unsympathetic
The branch I worked for was short staffed and I was overworked and management always promised to relive the workload to no avail. After months of continual discussions with management and their false promises that led to nothing, I had enough and left.
17 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experiences. We are sorry to hear of the issues you describe at your service. If you would like to get in touch to discuss further, then please get in touch - recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk Kind Regards, Amy Green, recruiter.
Good values and training is great!
Loads of training is offered to ensure the support is the best it can be. Staff teams are great! really compassionate and care about the PWS. Managers will do whatever they can for you and help out when needed. Support staff should and could be paid more, especially enhanced rate for unsociable hours and overtime!
17 December 2019
Thank you for your review - we're glad you agree that UR is a great place to work. Kind Regards, Amy Green
Excellent management and support staff
Working for United Response in York was brilliant. The service managers and area manager were very supportive, the staff in the services were all excellent to work with and cared so much for the people they supported - their values really matched the values of United Responses.
The people we supported were all a joy to work with and although it was stressful at times, the support was there to help you through it.

The hours were long but the rotas were fair and I was never pestered on my days off to come into work.

It was all very person centred and as such a relaxed place to work.
17 December 2019
Thank you for your review. We would agree with you that the PWS are superb and along with our staff, really make UR the company it is! All the best for your future, Kind regards, Amy Green, Recruiter.
As already stated avoid avoid avoid
Terrible company, informed head office of bullying and abuse and they did sod all. To be honest I have worked for a number of companies and yet to find one that genuinely cares for their tenants before their company.
18 December 2019
Thank you for your review, I’m sorry to hear that your experience working for us has not been entirely positive. United Response has a clear grievance policy which we would be happy to discuss with you further, if you wish to contact our HR team HRsupport@unitedresponse.org.uk
Best wishes, HR Support Team
Very good starter company
A great company to start with if you’re new to support work. Very big on training and keeping it up to date.
Big on person centred support.

Really nice and helpful staff.
17 December 2019
Thank you for your review. I'm really pleased to hear that you enjoy working here. Our values are integral to our business and I am thrilled to hear that you can feel this in our services. Kind Regards Amy Green, Recruiter
Supported living
Busy on the go but not stressful run to high standard staff are friendly and helpful management are easily approachable rate of pay could be better but hours are fexi
17 December 2019
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoy working for UR. Kind regards, Amy Green Recruiter
Avoid Avoid Avoid, you will get trapped!
People we support and some of the colleagues are the only reason to stay!
Manager’s (some) intimidate, threaten, bully and harass members of staff especially the ones that won’t brown nose them and have an opinion/raise any concerns, there is no confidentiality everyone gets told everything, whistleblowing is a HUGE no no, unless you enjoy the backlash/threats that come with it
2 December 2019
Thank you for your review, the contents of which is very worrying to us. Please could you get in touch with me at recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk so that I can investigate this further? Kind Regards, Amy Green Recruiter.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Response. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7