United Response Employee Reviews

Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Jarrow, Tyne and Wear11 April 2018
I worked at a service in Jarrow for many years. 3 year's ago change of manager- no people skills at all. Hardly came to service but when she did no appreciation to a good team just found fault. We went above the caĺl of duty ensuring pws needs were met. Paperwork kept upto date-which a Team Leader/Senior should have done. Good service which ran itself with good staff ruined thanks to incompetent manager.
Pros
Supporting Service User.
Cons
No tea breaks. No recognition for hard work just negativity form latest manager.

Hello

Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear your time with us has not been entirely positive.

We are currently undergoing a management development program which includes comprehensive training for all our managers which may address some of your concerns. I am more than happy to have a chat with you if you would like to contact me on 0113 385 2194

Proud to work for United Response
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 April 2018
Having worked for a range of organisations over the past 30+ years, one of my core values relates to how a company treats it's employees and I can honestly say that I am proud to work for this organisation and what it stands for. We really do make a difference and change peoples lives on a daily basis and this would not be possible without the goodwill and commitment of the support team.

United Response is a charity and one the challenges relates to how it is funded and we sometimes struggle to recruit and retain good people and we also don't have the funding available to market ourselves like some of the larger well known charities, which is such a shame because this is a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
People don't know who we are

Hello

Thanks you for your positive review, I wish you many more happy years working for us.

Kind regards

Recruitment manager

No support!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Blackpool7 April 2018
Some great people and staff. No two days are the same. Management lack skills, knowledge and some are unqualified for their job roles who try and blame staff under them for their errors. Lack of senior's in the houses so they put again unskilled or non NVQ qualified staff in that create more problems. Rota's not given until 2 -3 days before previous one runs out. When you complain beacuse the shifts don't comply with safe working practise you are told it's too late to change them!
Pros
The people we support are great
Cons
Lack of support from Managers.

Hello,

Thank you for your comments about the great people and staff that work for United Response. We are proud of our staff teams who do such a fantastic job. We are currently undergoing a management development program which includes comprehensive training for all our managers.

I would be more than happy to have a chat with you if you would like to contact me on 0113 385 2194.

Recruitment manager

awful company to work for
HCA/Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire4 April 2018
degrading place to work, patients and clients are excellent but management and some staff are patronising.stay away... the mc donalds of care jobs ..revolving door and if any thing goes wrong they have a blame culture..
Pros
Cons
managemet
6 April 2018

Hi, thanks for your review.

Great to hear that you enjoyed working with the people we support.

If you have any concerns you would like to raise regarding the time you spent with us, we are keen to hear from you.

Debra.Stockdale@unitedresponse.org.uk

Rewarding, supported and enjoyable
Health and Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire & Northern England4 April 2018
After 13 years at the same company I was very wary of moving to a new job and organisation. My worries were totally unfounded - I have been given excellent training and support and have found the commitment to work life balance to be very refreshing.

The work is rewarding and so far all the people I have met have been lovely with a real 'lets get it sorted attitude' (I have been at United Response now for a few months). Everyone from care support workers to senior managers are engaging and happy to help.

I look forward to spending many years here and cannot recommend them enough - too much time is spent at work for a decision to be based entirely on wage and UR give a fair wage but an excellent working environment.
Pros
People, Support, Training and encouragement to get involved
6 April 2018

Hi

Thanks for your positive/ kind review!

We hope to continue working with you for many more years to come.

HR/Recruitment

Overall a very good company to work for
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  York17 March 2018
I used to have night shifts and sometimes helping covering day shifts, anyway I felt always part of a team and of a good company.
Some managers were not good as expected but very often professionals. Good environment to work in and very good colleagues (someone was lazy, but seniors and supervisors always try to push them to do more).
Pros
working hours, colleagues, safety, guys to support, the company itself
Cons
nothing so important
21 March 2018

Hi

Thanks for your positive review! We are sorry to have lost you and wish you the best of luck.

HR/ Recruitment

Worst 2.5 months of my life
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester18 February 2018
I worked for this dreadful company for nearly 3months. Unfortunately my husband was critically poorly and i struggled to complete my contracted hours ( the first 6 months was probation anyway ) so they used this as a reason to reduce my hours and fianlly, i either resigned or they would terminate my contract. To be fair the manager was ok, and quite understanding. My colleagues were the nastiest rudest people i have ever had misfortune to work with. They whispered and bitched behind my back, had me just sat around and wouldn't train me as they were suppsoed to, i basically just felt unwanted and like a spare part. Very very clickey place. Ive worked in care 12yrs and have never seen so called support workers/carers as bad as that. I would never ever recommend this company to ANYONE.
Pros
Cons
All of it
20 February 2018

Hello,

I'm sorry you had a negative experience of working for United Response and i'm very sorry to hear about your husband. As an organisation we take comments like this seriously and always try to action any feedback. I would be more than happy to have a have a conversation with you to discuss your time with us. Please feel free to call me on 0113 385 2194.

United Response

Absolutly Terrible
Relief Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Folkestone13 February 2018
Expect you to work everyday, and pick up shifts even when working more then enough.
No breaks for lunch or dinner if on a long shift
Management is non existent when there only complain
refused a reference when leaving and accuse staff for the morale.
Liars when they say you are asked availability in just under two years never once asked my availablility even when I expessed i was overworked.
also never once checked my DBS which is on the update service.
Often paid late or the wrong amount with no offer to correct.
20 February 2018

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way and welcome you to contact us if there is anything you would like to discuss regarding the time you spent in employment with United Response:

Please email us at:

HR/Recruitment

One of the best in the sector
Project Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London2 February 2018
exceeding despite the various pressure of cost reduction and ever increasing client need and requirements. great leadership team with clear focus on delivery
15 February 2018

Hello

Thank you for your positive feedback. Employees like you make United Response a great place to work!

Many Thanks

Recruitment Manager

Terrible management, endless problems with wages
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  York30 January 2018
I worked for UR for a year and a half. The training courses were fantastic and the people I supported were great, however the management were extremely unprofessional, ruining team moral and leading many staff to leave after only a few months. No staff support and a very negative attitude when speaking to staff. Staff were not listened to and regularly interrupted and spoken over. Also payroll constantly had issues, meaning some months people didn't even get paid or if they did get paid it wasn't the correct amount. They are on the lower end of the hourly rate for support work also. I wouldn't recommend them as a company, their are far better out there.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Bad management, low wages. issues getting paid
15 February 2018

Hello,

I'm sorry to read that your time with United Response hasn't been positive. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us make improvements to our employee experience.

I would be keen to have a chat with you to discuss this further so please feel free to contact me on 0113 272 8933

United Response

Supportive environment, excellent training, above average pay for the area
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cornwall25 January 2018
I enjoy working for united response, it's somewhere that encourages promotion and advancement. The pay is ok and although it could be better, area management appear to support staff with uplifts and have argued regional differences, the difficulty with pay appears to be almost wholly with the council and their systems. Rotas are person centred and can involve long shifts but staff have the opportunity to discuss alternatives where the PWS are unaffected. Recruitment and retention is difficult but no more so than elsewhere in the industry. Many staff return. OH, Physio, 24 HR helpline and counselling available for staff as well as extra annual leave for service. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else locally.
Pros
Supportive environment, excellent staff, training and values
Cons
A lot of paperwork, difficult to recruit and retain staff
30 January 2018

Thanks for your constructive review, much appreciated.

We are lucky to have you, keep up the good work.

Best wishes

HR/ Recruitment.

Shocking
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester16 January 2018
I've worked for this company for many years. The managers treat you like a general dogs body. They implement that much paperwork it actually hinders the time you have to support your client and that's if you have the adequate staff! This company want it to look amazing on paper but if anyone actually bothered to ask the staff if they were happy I think they would have a wake up call. Minimum wage and not much more for senior and all the responsibility they place on you, no support at all. It's a shame really because 10 years ago id have said different, new management different values poor values
Pros
Support staff in general are great as are people we support
Cons
Long hours poor pay lack of respect and praise
22 January 2018

Please email us at:

Horrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chorley5 January 2018
Badly managed, no bonus scheme, poor wage, long hours, duty of care always called however no duty of care for staff, not enough managers for amount of services, no staff.
10 January 2018

HR/Recruitment

Excellent company to work for
Supported Living Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford11 December 2017
This is an awesome company to work for with locations around the country to work at the Staff and management are all very polite and friendly they offer great training programs and also offer lots of support to there staff I would recommend this company as a place to work for anyone
Pros
Great benefits to working with this company
Cons
Long hours but flexible
10 January 2018

Thanks for your positive review!

We do our very best to make sure that we offer as much support and development ot our staff as possible and it's great to hear you feel you have benefitted from this.

We are sad to see you go but wish you all the best!.

Workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Shuttleworth4 December 2017
My job involves looking after people with learning disabilities and getting them involved in their local communities,and helping them with life skills.
Pros
Improvement in clients
Cons
Long hours, different shift patterns
11 December 2017

Hi There

Thanks for your review, keep up the good work!

Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Maidstone22 November 2017
Avoid at all costs, terrible company. The heiracy is overwhelming, relief staff cherry picking shifts and full time contracted staff forced to work a seven day week including 2 sleep ins. Management awful who can not or will not think outside the box. Enormous amount of ridiculous red tape and box ticking preventing actually doing the job you were hired for. The worst company I have had the misfortune to come across
4 December 2017

Lovely people
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  South Shields, Tyne and Wear20 November 2017
I really enjoyed working here, I’m a peoples person and loved supporting the people who lived their, the skills I carry is that I can adapt my personality, to suit the person/ persons needs and wishes.
Pros
Making a difference to someone’s life, making them smile
Cons
Always a shortage of staff
4 December 2017

Hi

Thanks very much for your kind review, we are sad to have lost you.

We hope you will keep up to date with the work we are doing via Facebook and Twitter.

Wishing you all the best!

HR/Recruitment.

Management rubbish
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Darlington20 October 2017
Great working with some people..Clients were great..but management didn't care about workers towards the end..Was sad to leave friends but was gave no choice..
24 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for your review, great to hear that you enjoyed working with the people we support.

We are concerned that you felt your views weren't listened to by your Management Team. If there is anything you feel you would like to discuss please feel free to let us know.

Sarah (HR/Recruitment).
Sarah.Lee@unitedresponse.org.uk

Sweet and sour
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Welwyn, Hertfordshire13 October 2017
when I first started the job was good fun - situation was good, management where easy to get on with but change or management made job unjoyable, hardest part of job was putting up with pathetic clueless managers towards the end, enjoyable part with with the clients and other staff members
Pros
good team
Cons
rubbish managers towards the end
24 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you felt unhappy towards the end of your time with us.

If there is anything you would like to discuss please feel free to contact to us directly.

Sarah (HR/Recruitment)

Sarah.Lee@unitedresponse.org.uk

A typical day at work
Bank Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Teddington, Greater London9 October 2017
It can be very busy and at the start of the day, however it was always enjoyable. The staffs are nice and work well together.
The shift pattern for me was the hardest part of working with UR then.

Supporting the individuals was the most enjoying part of the job.
Pros
Outings
Cons
Shift patterns and staff sleep rooms.
10 October 2017

Hi

Thanks for your review, working shifts can be tough and we thank you for all your hard work.The people we support really do appreciate it!

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed working with the team and supporting the individuals you worked with.

HR/Recruitment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Response. Our community is ready to answer.