United Response Employee Reviews

The worst company I have ever worked for.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, Nottinghamshire6 February 2019
I worked for United Response, after they ‘poached’ me when they came to meet a client at my old work place. It was the WORST company I have ever worked for.
To start with they give you false hope - telling you they want you to be senior. You have to do more than you’re responsible for (for example ordering medication, counting it in, sorting rota’s which every other company I know of managers or supervisors do.). In the end, someone else made an error and my probation got terminated. In my meeting the managers bullied me, using my personal circumstances against me about my home life and told me that i was a rubbish care worker. After they terminated my probation, I got another job in care. Two weeks into that job, United Response told them that I have been referred to the POVA register (protection of young adults), 6 months ago. I never heard anything about this. After countless emails - I’m still being ignored.
Going to talk to citizens advise if i’ve not heard anything by this time next week. So unprofessional to outright ignore someone, when you’re supposed to inform people you’re referring them to POVA and nothing came up on my DBS.
13 February 2019

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Would you please contact HR on 0113 385 2192 and they can look into this for you.

The Recruitment Team

No management for 6 months
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bury23 January 2019
I worked with a good staff team but management were shocking and couldn’t care less about what shifts they put you on as long as they were covered and they didn’t have to come in in a weekend
Pros
Amazing clients
Cons
Shift patterns and lack of management and support
6 February 2019

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way and didn't have a positive experience. We welcome you to contact us if there is anything you would like to discuss regarding the time you spent in employment with United Response:

support worker
Senior Support worker (Former Employee) –  Chippenham, Wiltshire21 January 2019
A good company to work for. Very sympathetic, generally good staff, providing a high standard of training and care, for individuals with learning disabilities.

Much appreciated.

Wonderful career progression
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield15 January 2019
Supporting people of all cultures, to live independent lives with dignity & respect. Good prospects from supporting individuals in all aspects of day to day activities working as a team to be inclusive & to value the individuals we work with.
Pros
Rewarding, promotional prospects
Cons
Know cons

Thanks for your positive review!

We do our very best to make sure that we offer as much support and development to our staff as possible and it's great to hear you feel you have benefited from this.

Stress full
Support Worker/Key Worker (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear13 January 2019
I find the most enjoyable part of my job is making sure residents get to go on activities, and they are happy and safe.
Used to be a brilliant place to work even though it is low paid the job satisfaction was 2nd to none. Over the last 2 years more paper work to be completed and because of the financial climate all good will payments have stopped for employees. Difficulties in hiring staff. Also holidays for residents has stopped due to lack of funding. Most difficult part of job is having to look after residents as well as training agency staff as in my opinion there is no dedication anymore.
Pros
when completing my shift knowing residents are safe and happy. Good trainning given
Cons
intoduction of longer hours. No vehicles
6 February 2019

Hi thank you for your fair and positive review.
We hope you have enjoyed your time at United Response. I am sorry to hear that you have found the last 2 years increasingly stressful, if you would like to discuss, please contact us on 01138870962

HR / Recruitment Team

Absolutely The Worst
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds Harrogate7 January 2019
Appalling culture of intimidation and bullying and discrimination. Management are arrogant, vindictive and incompetent. HR pretty much always back the management. Certain staff get preferential treatment and if your face doesnt fit you will be forced out.I served loyally for going on 8 years and forced out with no appreciation. and having done nothing wrong. Negative culture clique mentality. Shame for the PWS,terrible place to work and those who stand up and whistleblow are not welcome, disgraceful culture.
Pros
Pws
6 February 2019

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way and welcome you to contact us if there is anything you would like to discuss regarding the time you spent in employment with United Response:

Variety of work
Area Secretary/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Blackpool28 December 2018
Always busy, never two days the same. Nice people to work with. Was given the opportunity to complete my NVQ. Company is very proactive with training.
Pros
Security
Cons
Takes a long time for processes to get through the system
6 February 2019

Thank you for your positive review.
We are glad you are enjoying your experience with us.
Keep up the good work

HR / Recruitment Team

lovely place to work
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  st albans herts26 December 2018
when i was working there it was a good place to work staff were supported by the management team and regular supervision and chance to progress and do your NVQ Level 3 in health and social care
Pros
lots of benefit and support
Cons
shift pattern
6 February 2019

Thank you for your positive review.
I am glad you had such a positive experience whilst working with us.
All the best

No management focus
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Saltash20 December 2018
Management needed additional training in how to manage staff. Staff felt they could not open up to management in a confidential manner. Were not very flexible in part time working hours.
6 February 2019

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way and didn't have a positive experience. We do try to accommodate flexible working patterns, however, we also do need to consider the complex needs of our service users. We welcome you to contact us if there is anything you would like to discuss regarding the time you spent in employment with United Response:

Felt like a family
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Penzance, Cornwall6 December 2018
Worked as a support worker for 2 years. Really enjoyed my time there. Other staff are very helpful and really care about the well being of service users. One of the best managers I've ever had worked here.
Pros
Flexibility

Thanks for your positive review!

Glad you had such a good experience, and felt like the staff and management were friendly and helpful.

We are sad to see you go but wish you all the best!.

United Response
Finance Administrator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire23 November 2018
United Response provides a range of support services for adults and young people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs or physical disabilities.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
some management

Thanks very much for your fair and positive review, much appreciated.

We really value people such as yourself

If there is anything of concern that you would like to discuss please feel free to contact us on recruitment@unitedresponse.org.uk

friendly and fun
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derby19 November 2018
I worked for united response for around three and a half years, only leaving because of my own health issues. they are a great company to work for if you are self motivated and passionate about helping people.
we would support people out in to the community to full fill there needs such as accessing the shops, eating out and other activities. the teams of staff i worked with were always very hard working and supportive and friendly towards one and other. time management is probably one of the hardest parts of the job as you are effectively responsible for the person you are supportings needs to be met in timely manor.
the best part of the job for me was the teams of people i worked for.

Thanks for your positive review!

We are sad to see you go but wish you all the best!.

Excellent Place to Work
Service Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent8 November 2018
I have worked with United Response for six years now. I have started as a Support Worker and progressed to being a manager. I have recently been on Maternity Leave and I have felt supported throughout. I have come back to work, with little one in tow and flexible work hours. I can truly say that I have never worked with nicer people and feel really inspired to come to work.
Pros
Person Centred Support is central to everything we do
Cons
You never know what to expect

Thanks very much for your fair and positive review, much appreciated.

We really value people such as yourself and are so happy to have you with us, we wish you all the best and hope you continue to enjoy your role.

Pleasant working environment
Support Worker/Key Worker (Former Employee) –  Sheffield31 October 2018
Good staff, friendly management. The role was varied and required looking after a variety of service users. Hours can be all over the place but that is care.
6 February 2019

I am glad you found the role varied and interesting
Thank you for working with us, and all the best in the future

Awful
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire29 October 2018
Such a lack of good management. Staff at this Bradford service are in a click and are bullies and arrogant. I have Been there recently as agency and never again one guy clearly thinks he is better than the job and others. Disrespect of management and is also in a relationship with a Co worker and not keeping it a secret it should not be allowed it is not professional .staff are Always on there phones. Constant disregard for the clients.An awful place for poor men who live there. Staff treat it like there the housemates who are there for fun times.
Pros
Cons
Too many

Awful
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East19 September 2018
Left this company after not being protected after whistle blowing. Higher management are awful and have terrible attitudes. Service users are great but there needs are def not put first . Senior who was on a power trip
Pros
Service users

Hello,

Thank you for review, I’m sorry your time working for United Response has not been a positive experience.

Please be assured that all feedback is reviewed and taken seriously. If you wish to discuss this further I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you on 0113 385 2194.

United Response

Not all services are bad so don't be put of
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire14 August 2018
Started 4 years ago in a lovely place in York, lovely staff, fab manager but I made the mistake of transferring elsewhere. Worst place ever! Manager just as clicky as staff, alot of gossoping, bullying, and felt more like an institution then supported living, no choices for residents, for food, there was alot of don'ts, felt sorry for some of the residents. Everything seemed to be planned in what was best for the staff and house rather then real support for the pws. Eventually had to leave, couldn't bear the awful environment, whistle blowed but that was a waste of time when everyone are all buddies together.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No care for staff

Comment – 17 August 2018

Hi There

Thanks for your fair and balanced review. It's great to hear that you had a positive experience in your first service.

If there is anything of concern you feel you would like to discuss we would be keen to speak to you.

013 272 8933

Recruitment/ HR Team

Great job, long hours but rewarding.
Relief support worker (Current Employee) –  Hawkinge, Kent10 August 2018
I have been working for the company for just under a year, it has worked out for me very well, despite being on a relief contract, I am working just as much as a full time employee (if not more of I feel like taking extra hours)and feel very valued by the team, am often asked a lot to cover shifts if needed and enjoy working with the residents.

The team is fantastic and have made some good friends there and have been great with helping me get to grips with the role, which is my first job in this sector.

A typical day includes getting up a resident, medication, serving breakfast, handover, being delegated to a resident which you can take out for the day or just support them around the house, the residents are all very different and have their own characters and interests and enjoy the job.

The hours can be as little as 5 hours to as much as 13 hours, but average shifts are generally the 8 hour or 10 hour ones, which I am very used to doing now. Long hours can get tiring if you’re doing more than 2 long days in a row, but I have had no other issues during my time here.

Overall, a good job.
Pros
Great hours, nice team, residents, no two days the same
Cons
Hours can be tiring if you pick up too many shifts

Comment – 13 August 2018

HR/ Recruitment Team

Promise alot and give nothing
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wigan, Greater Manchester7 August 2018
I wouldnt recommend if you have a family or are a single perant they fo not cater for lone perents or even listen to what you say reguarding rotas. Cant fault staff team they are fab
Pros
Good staff team
Cons
No time and half for bank holidays or christmas bonus

Comment – 10 August 2018

Hi There

Thanks for your review, we are sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't entirely positive. We do our best to accommodate flexible working wherever possible however due to the complex needs of the people we support this isn't always realistic.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff team, if there is anything at all you would like to discuss with us we are more than happy to have a chat with you.

HR/ Recruitment

Horrendous bunch - whistelblowers unwelcome
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Chorley2 August 2018
I have 30 years experience working in social care and this has been by far my worst experience.
Never have I met so many bullies, incompetents and dishonest people working for one company. Care standards were very low.
The higher up the chain the worse they are. HR are appaling brutish thugs. Chief exec is complicit.
Managers are horrible people who have lost sight of truth and honesty.
Whistleblow and say goodbye to your job. They keep your concerns off written record and isolate you before pushing you out.
Save yourself the trouble
Pros
Supporting tenants
Cons
Managers - power obsessed incompetents

Comment – 6 August 2018

Hello,

Please be assured that all feedback is reviewed and taken seriously. If you wish to discuss this further I would be more than happy to have a conversation with you. My direct number is 0113 385 2194.

Debra Stockdale
Recruitment Manager
United Response

Ask a question about working or interviewing at United Response. Our community is ready to answer.