United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
Stressful but worthwhile environment
As we are currently living in uncertain and stressful times within the NHS, I must say that the level of support at the moment we all receive is outstanding. I have learned so much here, more than I ever did as a student nurse, and my confidence has skyrocketed. The hardest part of the job is the sheer amount of paperwork involved, but the colleagues make up for it. No amount of paperwork, or even Covid 19, can break the core of the NHS, and that is its staff.
Pros
Friendly, supportive staff
Cons
So much paperwork.
Don't do it!
You'll be fine if your face fits. Management doesn't listen, one foot wrong or go against them, your card will be marked and you will be labeled as difficult until they can drive you out and this will be very subtly done so you can't prove anything. Try it out, you might be ok, time will tell, just watch your back and trust no one. I could go on but see for yourself.
Pros
Security/salary/sick pay/holiday
Cons
no promotion/bullying/stress/poor management
Busy and sometimes stressful
Busy environment with challenging conditions due to funding issues. Very supportive management though and a team who work together and striving to improve.
Pros
Great terms and conditions
Cons
Staff car park charges
fun and busy place to work
It was suitable for me at that time, as I was a student and worked as housekeeper. Overall it was good experience and working atmosphere was friendly and colleagues were helpful.
Great
Great place
nice colleagues

good hours

improving structure and practice

overall a good working environment

received lots of support and people takes ownership
False promises
I agreed days-only shifts at interview (bank Porter),then wasnt offered many shifts when I had to remind managers I couldn't do nights or weekends. Managers denied agreement. Shameful liars.
Never Again.
Worked in an admin department in a temp role. The atmosphere was hostile, the office was massively below standard (weakening in floor boards on the 9th floor, massive damp patches, broken window latch yet no one was bothered about sorting these).
Stimulating environment
Able to provide specialist support as required. Built up good working relationships with key internal stakeholders. Environment stressful and challenging.
What a shame
I worked as a nurse for ULHT and apart from the staff it wasn't a nice place to work... management were not interested in staff.... only making sure wards had enough staff so you could be moved to an inappropriate place . If you complained about it you were threatened with discipline even when you said you felt unsafe and that your pain was under threat!!
Management are reactive and never proactive!!
Pros
Excellence healthcare staff
Cons
Management moral
enjoyable but hard work
my job involves arranging for patient records to be available for consultant appointments in outpatients.

There are many different parts to the job/department, I can do them all effectively.

The team leaders are too busy to lead effectively, and that is not helpful.

We have a nice team of people, but some shift patterns are at odds with running the dept to the optimum.

I have been there long enough to feel part of the 'family'
Pros
there are discounts available
Cons
physical for an office job
Boston... awful place to work, very backstabbing and senior staff rude and demeaning.
Boston is awful to work at, hours where always good and team leader great, but general staff and supervisors are slap dash and don't mind making you feel belittled in front of others. Equipment always broke or missing and training very slap dash!
Pros
Pays well.
Cons
Co workers, equipment.
Good sick and hols plan
22 experience as a hcsw good when l started now it's all take for more hours less staff if it is a 2nd job don't forget 25%tax very little support middle mangers en sure it good luck be prepared to work hard little team support offered watch your back
Pros
Resonable training
Cons
Back stapping cant trust anyone at boston site
Friendly staff and good training environment.
My job includes a wide spectrum of activities, from working in the dispensary to the ward setting I believe we truly feel like an important part of the team. This allows for a high level of job satisfaction.
New facilities
There is a new maternity unit opening soon, which looks to be very well equipped, with much more space than they currently have. Training is linked to Nottingham University and for some disciplines with Lincoln University.
Rural but busy unit
If you want a rural place to live, but with a work environment that is both challenging and well equipped. A new unit is due to open soon and it looks fantastic.
Pros
New unit soon
Cons
Service is always under stress due to it's rural location.
Overworked and undervalued
Budget cuts and squeezing every last drop of productivity from its remaining staff has left ULHT on its knees. I took early retirement from my front-line administration job this summer and it was the best thing I ever did. I know several long-term colleagues are going the same way.

If you're a nurse, I give ULHT five stars. If you scrape through the interview, the job's yours and take your pick as every ward has vacancies. As you progress through your career, you will go higher up the ranks eventually never needing to touch a patient. You will be so out of touch with what happens in the ward environment that you would be the perfect candidate for Head of Nursing.

If you are not a nurse, you are treated as both expendable and replaceable despite regular motivational e-mails from the CEO (who, to his credit, is clearly passionate about his role). Most job roles have been de-banded or get de-banded as they are replaced - if they are replaced at all. Most vacancies end up being split between existing staff. If you are good at your job you will be expected to take on more and more without a word of thank you, and when you finally crack and announce you're leaving you become a handy cost-saving.

A long-term member of staff on the top of their band can easily be replaced by a young up-start on £7.88 an hour. This is a Trust which shifts incompetent managers on £50000+ between "projects" to try - and fail - to wave a magic wand over its problems, but which also restricts what stationery a ward can order.

If you value your sanity, go elsewhere.
Pros
Pay enhancements at nights/weekends
Cons
Too long to list
Hard but rewarding
Hard but rewarding place to work. There is a big importance placed on teamwork and this is a big pro to working here. Lots of training and education provided
Good job, poor guidance
This job was done after hours and on my own, which was lovely in way but also frustrating as if I ever had any problems I had no one to go to to resolve them.
Its okay
Good place to work so long as your don't aim for advancement or high wages. People are easy to get along with and training is also good although sometimes no necessary.
Productive workplace
the typical day is running nurse lead clinics and the thing I most enjoy about my job is dealing with the public and helping and providing support for my patients.
Nice place work
I enjoy my time working here, there are room for development and improvement of the staffs.
There room to develop my skills and fellow staffs are helpful.
Pros
Conclusive
Cons
Job security not certain