United Learning

United Learning Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews
Ult
I was only a contractor there but I found the culture in the Education/Charity sector very different to that in the private sector.
There were no synergies across the company and to encourage change was not an easy process
Bullies
Do NOT work for UL. Bullying is rife, SLT are vile and nasty and you are expected to put work before your own family.
They threaten staff with illegal practice and policies on a regular basis.

Morale is rock bottom with staff crying in the car park and staff “disappearing” never to be seen again.

Forced to teach prepared lessons which are absolutely dire, full of errors and repetitive.
Dunnottar (Reigate)
Outstanding environment
Staff - certainly within my dept- PE- are outstanding. Genuinely top professionals and care deeply for the students. Management are friendly/ approachable and encouraging.
Management very confrontational
Management very confrontational and divisive. Interviews both of them incerdibly negative experience offeed one job then didn't get confirmation for weeks. Second interview all feedback totally negatuve then ohoned weeks later to see if I was still available!!
Family orientated work environment
The job was relatively easy, the only downside was the work hours but the pay soon made up for that. Management was a joke and never up to standard and had all their family working on the team. There was never disciplinary actions for gossiping and argumentative behaviour. Don't expect work life to be fair here, just keep your head down and get on with your own individual work.
If your looking for an easy job role where you get away with a lot then definitely consider this job role.
Bunch of bullies
UL are corrupt, dishonest and only care about their reputation.
No work life balance.

Bullying is rife.

No care for the children or employees.

Don’t ever work for this company.

People disappear constantly and told to sign agreements to keep them quiet.
Corruption, bullying and illegal
UL are corrupt, dishonest and only care about their reputation.
No work life balance.

Bullying is rife.

No care for the children or employees.

Don’t ever work for this company.

People disappear constantly and told to sign agreements to keep them quiet.
Good environment to learn and develop
Good environment to learn and develop.
Great support from team members
Pros
Free lunches
challenging but rewarding
loved working here staff were amazing and young people were interesting . school has gone from strength to strength and is now one of the best school in Northampton.
Do Not Work For This Organisation
Absolutely do not work for these people under any circumstances whatsoever. The SLT at my UL academy were an absolute nightmare towards their staff. Have you ever worked anywhere where staff just seem to disappear into thin air and no one seems to know anything or is allowed to say anything? That is one small part of my year that I experienced. I went into a Head of Faculty position, oops, no I mean Head of Department (the change of title occurred whenever it seemed to suit SLT and if they wanted some more paperwork done). I came from a tough south london school as an outstanding HoD to suddenly being on probation (no mention of that at interview and only after I had been in post for 6 weeks), to suddenly being in after school cpd sessions where I was being taught how to differentiate by a so called expert teacher. It was a joke. Under any circumstances do not work for UL
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Major excessive workload, an atmosphere of opression
Wouldn't go back for any amount of money
I've been at a school and seen it be taken over by United Learning and seen the outcome for children improve but staff turnover increase and staff morale drop through the floor. Management were awful - extremely unfairly pressured, biased to those that are favoured in that moment, you very much go from hero to zero in two seconds flat. I've been told I'm good with features of outstanding and then two weeks later been told I'm bordering on performance management. Staff training and development is next to zero. The whole culture is just toxic and I wouldn't go back no matter what the salary.
Good place for IT
Good place for IT technicians looking for advancement and knowledge of school networks. Great opportunity to get an idea of how many facets of the Network environment work whilst providing a challenging environment where speed can be of the essence.
Worst company to work for
This is the worst place I have ever worked! Staff moral is the lowest you will ever know, management don’t have a clue and constantly lie. They will sell you the job saying we will be doing this doing that but reality is there is know money for any departments to spend! This place is in big trouble. Head teacher is a bully! Money is spent in totally the wrong areas I.e staff housing rather than glue sticks or books for pupils!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management and priorities
Management are the problem here.
Lincoln Minster school used to be a great place to work .... now an uncaring atmosphere exists . It’s all about saving money and not providing the best education that it promises .
Pros
Free meals ! School holidays
Cons
Staff morale is low, not a good atmosphere
Great Place to Work
Accrington Academy is a great place to work. The staff work together and there is a great staff morale. There is a strong leadership team who listen and care about your opinions and ideas.

There is fantastic facilities and staff can take advantage of the free swimming pool and gym.
Pros
Free gym and swim - Great facilities and fantastic staff
not a great place to work
I’ve never been treated so badly, it’s the norm to have staff crying they are so unhappy, I couldn’t wait to leave, I would sit in my car dreading going in to get bullied by my manager.
Pros
Term time
Cons
Management, being treated like a child
Decent workplace
Good culture and close team. Large sized organisation with good ethos and values. Promote a good work life balance. Work place i.e. HO is fairly dull.
United Learning Centre was great
United Learning centre was a great volunterring ground to be able to reach refugee kids that are not able to have basic education. Volunteering for 4 hours a week gave me good insight of what the kids needed most in life , and I was able to deliver it with my time there
Sad to be leaving
I love this job, the office, people and general working environment. I will be sad to leave but unfortunately I am only employed on a temporary basis.

I wish the company and everyone there all the best for the future it has been lovely working for you.
Long hours, awful management, no recognition, free parking and lunches, enrolment into pension scheme and talks of training which never happens!