UNITE Students

UNITE Students Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews
Don’t really look after their staff. Management don’t have a problem slagging off other work colleagues when they are in the same room or next door
Worked for Unite Students for 4 years.
First 2 and a half years was great. Different management then came in and then it all went downhill.

Seen far too many people who were good employees leaving due to problems with clueless management.

If I hadn’t of left last year then I would of ended up mentally ill!!!

A shame really, as the place used to be run by management who had a clue and knew how to speak to staff with respect
night worker here had fun
usually, I got to work 4 on 4 off that's nights.
the supervisor was nice even if she wasn't able to help in all situations due to corporate ruling her out.

Fun colleagues, semi-relaxed work environment as long you did your job ex answered calls, took care of water leaks, lost keys replacements... you were left alone with no boss breathing down your neck.

The monthly meeting with a supervisor was good. I quit due to quick policy changes: rumors of night staff not earning there wages were spread by day staff to managers and workload got tripled and at one point I was unable to deliver acceptable customer service so I resigned.

It was a good job I'm sorry that I was forced out.
Sales and service
I enjoyed the role but the salary Did not match the level of commitment is to put in. Lots of managers and not always clear what time do which each person’s remit was to manage In terms of personnel.
Good company
Very good company I left only because I had big problems with the supervisor who bullied me otherwise I would never have left. She was the worst woman I have ever met in all my life
Too many supervisors
Unite is over run with supervisors and team leaders .When problems arise they are all first class at becoming unobtainable .A poor place to work would be great if all management and supervisors were disposed of to be fair it would run well without them
Apply if you don’t like a life
Stressful job , management is shocking , working for weeks without a day off during the summer,, the company takes advantage of the staffs good nature .. forget booking a holiday from June to September
Great team Poor management
No proper induction
No management support had to rely on other colleagues

Management didn't care about their customers

Management introduced new schemes such as "Pop up Hotel" for holiday period and clearly knew nothing about running it or be there to support their staff when it was introduced.

Lack of health safety information for clearing bin areas.

The front of house team were brilliant and supported each other. I wouldn't have stayed as long if it wasn't for them.
Unite Students
I use to love working for this company, but then in October everything changed and unfortunately not for the better. I work over two sites which used to have 6 staff members between them both, but now there is just 2 of use but they want the same amount of work to be done, I think this is unrealistic and just can't be done. Then when the manager comes round and check's the buildings and gives you a list of jobs you need to complete asap well how happy would you be.
fun
There is no typical day at Unite: sometimes it can be quiet, and sometimes fast-paced. The staff are friendly and there is generally a friendly attitude between colleagues. Management care about their staff at the larger projects ahead. Busy days such as the opening of new sites or move in days are both the most difficult, due to the workload, and the most enjoyable as one meets new people and can have fun helping them move in.
Fast-paced and enjoyable.
Staff stab you in the back, no one friendly
I was helping all different departments out and they are not grateful, I first start my job as a service and security assistant at 15k and moved my way up, but however this comes a cost of cleaning sick up which smells awful, moving bins and litter picking, patrols of the site and there are not lifts, argumentative students, loud music and tons of drugs on site whilst working on your own at nights. long hours but get more days off which is the only perk.

I left due to people back stabbing me and accusing me of things which i havent done to cover their backs, when students are threatening you management wont care or help, they only care about the money. this company is all about the money.
very poor i can not reccomend unite students
beware prob the first 3 months you will be ok but once they have there claws in you beware, you will be micro managed, supervisors really have no sway with things, they just have to do exactly as they are told by senior management even if its wrong. this then passes down to you.
the role title is also incorrect you will be a service and safety assistant, and your role could include anything that is not to do with security, like water testing, mots on bedrooms checking toilets showers lights ect, sweeping up, litter picking, emptying fridges and freezers...do not go for this role if you think its security ! you dont get any extra money for working overtime its flat rate, no extra pay for working bank holidays weekends or shifts I have now left and im glad i did.
Unite Students
It was a great job at first but they had many management change who kept changing the roles and ways of working no chance of advancement in the company Fellow employees fantastic to work with but management not very good in my last year
Fun and Happy place to work
Unite is a great welcoming place to work the colleagues are some of the best and will always help where they can.
Depending on the job role your line manager will have regular 1:1 meetings with you so you can have your say - which will be listened to and acted upon if necessary.

You get to meet students from all over the world and from all walks of life.

Unite is a great place to work
No Work life Balance
To be truthful, this company is a utter shambles. You have to brown nose to get recognition. I do service and safety and there is zero work and home life balance. You get your shifts changed at the last minute, if you raise a concern about it you get a snotty email saying, " it's the job you decided to do" or " you know where the door is. We have to work all holidays and 13 hour night shifts and get paid the same as a SSA who sit down all day and man 1 site. Pathetic company. If you want constant stress then this job is for you
where the door
Awful
Worst company I’ve ever worked for! Started off excited as the interview was so fun and the staff were lovely. However quickly into the job I realised it wasn’t as it seemed - with terrible management who have 0 people skills and have clearly not had any proper training. A very bad environment to work in with too many unrelated jobs to be done. No amount of pay could make me go back to Unite.
N/a
-Great working environment
- Great support from Management

-Salary is not great , need to up the amount by 2-3k for sales advisers.

-Make opportunities for people to progress .
Interim
This job is best if you are looking for something interim. There is so much backstabbing in this company and gossip. Like we are in high school. The work load is always shifted down below. The CSA s are clueless
Hard working , fun ppl
would recommend working here as the people were great and the work interesting and varied.
On occasion management would help with the work when we were busy
Good workplace and friendly staff
I got employed in the company in short notice due to a high level of backlog of work. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They showed trained me how to use the systems in a patient manner. All in all, it was a nice experience.
Good company to work with
I work for 5 years, l am more than happy to work with my team work. Unitestudents are very good accommodations for students to live in the UK, lots of benefits for students
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UNITE Students. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9