Unison Employee Reviews

Very good Terms
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  london6 October 2017
An investor in people and a good place to work. Very good terms and conditons of employment, as well as job security is guaranteed with this employer.
Pros
good pension
Important union for NHS Workers
Environmental Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester9 September 2017
I was elected to this position by a UNISON member and chose to accept the role.
UNISON Works to guarantee the best working conditions for all NHS staff and to ensure the best delivery of care for patients. This was a role that I was happy to take on, and one in which I am proud to call a success.
United We Stand
Advisor (Former Employee) –  South East29 August 2017
With the minimum of resources it becomes more of a challenge in time when two colleagues go and are not replaced , leaving a senior with one other member of staff. It is however rewarding to hold a position assisting people in many situations in the hope that one is making a difference.
Busy environment
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh26 August 2017
Great place to work with great people the benefits are excellent and support is great management team are great and working environments is probably the best I've worked in
Amazing
Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. James'6 August 2017
Every one is so friendly and flexible. As long as you do your work to a high standard then everything is made really easy. You just need to have a passion to help people and everything will be okay.
Representative
Representative (Former Employee) –  Southern Derbyshire13 June 2017
Absolutely love this post.
The role is diverse. I have represented various cases, all of which have had successful outcomes and the members have been happy.
Great Client
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Doncaster12 March 2017
I was commissioned to create multiple tshirts for the Unison committee members, that featured the unison logo, but with changes to customise it for the event they were attending. This meant maintaining their established logo and branding while incorporating the custom elements.

This led to more work from them including various layout editable PDF newsletters, business cards, stationary, and oiverall, a full modernisation of their current print material.
An excellent employer
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Leeds31 May 2016
I worked for UNISON for 26 years in a variety of roles and would recommend it to any prospective employees. Terms and Conditions of employment are excellent and the general culture and atmosphere in the workplace is welcoming and supportive. Most people wotking for UNISON remain with them for a long period, often there whole working lives.
Pros
good pay and conditions
A demanding but rewarding role.
Branch Secretary (Current Employee) –  London11 May 2016
Typical day of work, look at emails, to see if any members need advice, go to monthly meetings with the directors, to discuss any matters rising over the last month. I believe in fairness for all.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Demanding
Brilliant place to work
Organiser (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG10 August 2015
I have loved working here. Really good management and colleagues also brilliant.

Lots of work related training available which can be transferred to other companies.
Pros
Really good team atmosphere
Cons
Short term temp contracts
My work place
CLEANER (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, WLS7 August 2015
Typical day at work is Friday. Because most of the staff leaves early so I do the clean all desks and other equipment using appropriate cleaning product.

I learned how to manage working alone when my co-worker is absent from work for continuous days. I know where I am supposed to give priorities and focus the most.

The main aspects are keeping Health and Safety rules, using the right chemical for different types of job, taking away rubbish and recycling in general how to manage, follow the work task each week and perform as the company wants.

Team working is the key factor. In our life we are learning every day and working with someone experienced is a big plus. I learn lots of ideas and how to priorities my job within my hours of work.

The hardest part of the job is when I clean the fire exist stairs. It has to be cleaned once in 6 month and I found it a big difficult.

When you working every day, your work place atmosphere, the people you work with, the office staff respect and appreciation are very important. I am very happy and enjoy my job every minutes. In general my work place is so enjoyable.
Pros
Free Tea, Coffee
Cons
Able to start early with advance notice.
Excellent for work life balance
Administration (Former Employee) –  Midlands12 May 2015
Great place to work if you have a family or need flexible working. Lots of training and support.
Opportunities to develop and promotions are open to everyone.
Pros
Flexible Working
Only work experience
University Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG30 September 2014
Only there for one month, experienced the management structure and the sphere of influence that the organisation had.
Pros
Fantastic culture
Cons
Too many people, not enough work
Friendly people to work for
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, ENG5 February 2014
Dealing with members' enquiries, liase with relevant convenor if they have workplace issues, photocopying, filing, maintenance of branch register, arrange meetings, take minutes, working with hard working professionals
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Not enough hours
enjoyed it as i meet different people with different Cultures and Believes
Branch Administro Camden and Islington (Former Employee) –  Camden, ENG20 October 2013
I was always the first at work. I usually opened up the branch and around 9am the phones started to ring or people would come into the office with there problems, filling, spreadsheets,taking meeting, preparing meetings and booking them and translating paper work for people that spoke a different language,Spanish and Portuguese.
I worked well with my Co-worker.
The hardest part of the job was when we (I) couldn't help them as there employers were right .
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co -worker and meeting new people and there cultures and believes .
Pros
N/a
Cons
n/a
Catering Hostess/ Unison Rep
Rep (Current Employee) –  UHCW31 July 2013
I work 12 hour shifts within the Hospital , as a ward hostess and rep.
Our day is varied and we meet and greet many people over the course of the day.
Our role is to provide ward based catering , covering 3 meals a day to include any required extras.
I have taken on extra courses to enhance my knowledge over the years , including courses at NVQ LEVEL 2.
Due to the current climate , moral is at an all time low, i feel that personally job satisfaction has also changed.
I enjoy helping people and giving them a good service, lately because of changes, including within the Media , things can get difficult.
I always try to resolve any up and coming issues myself, unable to do so i would give my direct supervisor any information so that the issue could be resolved.
I class myself as a team player, and always try to give 100% in anything i do, but unfortunately we are not all the same.
I became a Unison rep, as i like to help people , and i am a great believer in equality for all.
I attend meeting with management , over many varied issues, to try and resolve any matters that come up, and enjoy doing so.
Pros
Having people thank me, for giving a good service
Cons
long hours, no job satisfaction