UNIQLO
Here to help: Coronavirus update

UNIQLO Employee Reviews

United Kingdom111 reviews
Good if you aren't expecting much
I really enjoy working with the people I have met since starting the job, you really do make good friends. Although the negative side of it is that managements communication can be really bad and in the store I worked in, it's sometimes hard and stressful to keep a happy head at work when all you want is a good bond with management and the whole team.
As previously mentioned, Uniqlo was an environment I am comfortable with as it taught me various skills within retail such as, providing the highest quality of customer service, completing tasks to a Japanese standard (Japanese Company) and working efficiently within a team
Its okay
the staff and management are good people and keep you grounded but handling customers was overwhelming. Closing one section by yourself was a lot to handle sometimes.
uniqlo
You end up, working 12 hours per day, but if you can build great team you will enjoy.
Great retail workplace for career progression
If you are looking for a career within retail, Uniqlo is a great option. They provide 4 opportunities for progression each year, so if you put your mind to it you can definitely move up quite quickly.

It is hard work and a very fast paced environment but worth it!
Productive and fast-paced with reasonable pay and benefits.
You will be able to develop a lot on customer service skills and management skills especially in retail business. This job also trained you on communication.
Dont do it
I did Christmas temp in UNIQLO, it was the worst job ever. I did only one month and luckily I got a new job and left it as soon as possible. They treat you like dogs and expect everything to be perfect and if you don’t finish tidying up the shop floor they will make you stay until it’s perfect regardless of time. The management are rude and do favouritism. This job gave me depression. I’m so happy I left. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Incompetent and lazy Management!
I have had a fair share of retail jobs in my life time but Uniqlo Stratford was by far the worse store I have ever worked at. I filled out a holiday request form weeks prior to my holiday (for graduation), was told a few days before that if I didn't come to work during the days I requested off that I could potentially be fired. They didn't bother to give me proper notice. The management in this store is incompetent, lazy and do not care about employees. The long shifts and hard work you do for the store is completely overlooked as they know you can be easily replaced. In my personal experience, there are better retail jobs out there so please avoid this place if you can.
Fast-paced
lots of useful skills learned in retail through this company and very professional, however loads of overtime due to shopfloor never being tidy on time.
Overworked and underappreciated
Uniqlo is an amazing store to shop at as a customer, but that is only because store employees are worked like dogs. Management tries to be efficient with having one worker take on a variety of tasks to the point it becomes difficult and stressful to complete any at all.

Company-specific procedures of two team meetings daily where you note and are quizzed on daily business stats and best-selling items is very pedantic. Working hours are long and start very early (6:30/7:00am) or end very late (11:00/11:30pm). This makes it really difficult to maintain a work life balance, and overall left me feeling very depressed about my quality of life.

On a positive note, this work experience taught me a lot about working hard and fast in time-pressured environments, and how to deliver strong customer service. The people I worked with were really friendly, fun, and supportive whenever you needed them to be.
Worst job ever
There less than a month.
The management have no idea what they are doing.

Spoken down too by the supervisors as if you are stupid.

They have no communication skills and don’t follow up on complaints of bullying.

Poorly organised.

I left about a week after the shop opened.

While setting up the shop they don’t want you listening to music or getting to know your colleagues.

Then they start chatting one of them up.

Massive hypocrisy.
Dont work for them if im going to be very honest with you
I started In September, end of November. Regent street uniqlo is the location i worked. All they care is about hitting their targets so they can get bonus. If you are late, you are expected to make up the hours. You never leave on time if you are closing or if you are on a late shift. when i started, i heard we was 20 staff short - meaning everyone that was working there already was doing at least 2 man job rather they focus on recruiting more people making the job easy for everone, they would rather talk about what we can do to achieve their targets.
No recommended. They say we are a team, but really and truly its not
long working hours
Working at Uniqlo seems very challenging and interesting at the beginning. You will enjoy it if you are a hard worker. But the more you do and progress the more will be asked and it will never be enough. You have to give up your life to make it happen what's asked from you. Even you spend 10 - 12 hours there will be still a lot to do . Many times training is just self learning but everyone thinks that you should know it naturally . Management changes every 6 months so what you learned the last 6 months might be wrong or not necessary for the next managers you will work with.
Terrible Management
If you can withstand horrible management team that does not respect hard workers and cannot get your shifts right after a year of working there, this job is for you.

Only perks were the pay and 30% discount - even on sale items.
Terrible
I dreaded work everyday. The day would start off with a team talk which you have to come to work ten minutes early in order to prepare for. If you come on time then "you're late". The staff are patronising and lifeless, you will do double the workload for what you are paid for. By the end of the shift your feet and back will be completely numb from all the constant standing, bending, lifting, walking, pushing and barely any sitting. You will be spoken to like a child by someone who barely speaks English and receive nothing but dirty looks in return to saying Good Morning. Why do you think this place always has vacancies open? People would leave just days after getting the job and I'm not even exaggerating, it's degrading and is not worth it even if it was the last job on Earth. See for yourself.
Pros
some people are cool but that's all
Cons
long hours, unfair rules, rude managers
Stay away from here
The worst nightmare I ever had
A place were you need to sign in and out for everything even if you going to the toilet

Mostly everyday you will ask to stay more or to do half lunch break .....

Nobody is nice or helpful they continuously give you tasks impossible to finish on time

There is no distinction between people working in the stock room or on shoop floor so you will ask to do both
Pros
No-one
Excellent Workplace
Uniqlo is a Japanese company that offer not only a great environment to work in but also a culture that promotes equality, success and a future. I've learnt a wide variety of skills from this job such as how to work with a managers perspective, meaning that I would work efficiently and effectively with the interests of the company in mind at all times. Another activity I've had to do at work is daily meetings which I personally have conducted to another 5-8 other colleagues. We would analyse how much revenue we are making and other more specific data to then discuss about how we can progress as a store. This is something that taught me many lessons because I learnt how to manage stock within the shop floor and understand how to prioritise certain items to certain areas to maximise profits.

Uniqlo is a company I very much enjoyed working at which is why I've worked there on and off throughout the last 4 years. I had to leave to focus on education but I would always join when I had the opportunity since a lot of managers/area managers knew me.
would not recommend
Working here was awful. The management staff were very passive aggressive and rude. Also they required me to do night shifts and then treated the next day as day off. Don't work here
Well organised, flexible workplace
Relatively organised, disciplined workplace, offer bonus, friendly teamwork, flexible working conditions, they allowed us to choose convenient shifts.
Great learning environment of a fast retail
If you like being always on the go and you like customer service (retail), then this job would most probably be suitable for you.

Cons:

- Almost always would get overtime, so to be aware of this

Pros:

- Liked working with the team, fortunate enough to encounter great team members/ colleagues

- Tasks in the Timetable always changes so doesn’t get boring.
not the best
As an entry level retail job, Uniqlo are one of the more difficult companies to work for. Insanely high standards mean you end up doing a stupid amount of overtime, pay is sub-standard, and they expect you to drop everything for work. Cancel holidays at short notice sometimes, and everyone in management has a superiority complex despite the fact they do very little. Have to admit progression opportunities are decent, but again it depends on who is in your management team as they are the ones who assess you. Also the pay in London was below the national minimum wage until April 2019, but is only just higher than it now, so very poor pay. If you're looking for casual work you can get better pay and less hassle elsewhere.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
overwork, overtime, atmosphere