Unipart Rail

Unipart Rail Employee Reviews in Crewe

Crewe12 reviews
Things have changed at unipart rail over the last year as new work has come into the factory and the work force is having great difficulty getting to grips with it.The management are no use whatsoever and the manufacturing director is simply not up to the job but just talks the usual management lingo.Worrying times.
Management seem to have no clue of how to do there jobs. People who slack off seem to be thought of very highly with this company. Apprentices seem to think there above there station and refuse to do the lesser jobs as they think there better than that job. Overall not a good company to work for and these issues need to be sorted out ASAP to improve as a company.
The Unipart Way is a methodology designed to create a standard approach for all employees to follow, it is set around best practise and provides a route-map for all. Conflict is generally avoided and all employees are expected to follow a model of continuous improvement in their work and are rewarded for exceptional performance
Going through period of continual change while I was there but people very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed time there but felt that continual change put security of position at risk.
Poor work environment, managers don't treat people equally or fairly.

The pay is some of the lowest in the Crewe area, with no chance of advancement. Managers have the ability to work from home but no one else is allowed.

Unipart follow a strange process called the "Unipart way" based around the Japanese Kaizen, but there methods are time consuming and labour intensive and management heavy, which is a contradiction because the whole point of Kaizen is lean management and to reduce wasted effort.

The Crewe site is old fashioned, I think the buildings date back to Victorian times and the company haven't invested any money in the site for a long time and it shows.
Your Review, this is your opinion about
a typical day at work,

what you learned

management

work place culture

the hardest part of the job

the most enjoyable part of the job
Wish not left in some ways would love to go back part time kept all paperwork and knowlage of products in my work book can probably do some jobs that others dont do now
Pros
Live down the road
Cons
A company committed to continuously improve. Unipart way is a culture that is driven from the top downwards. Training is provided to promote standardisation and sustainment.
We strive to be the best in the industry and strive for on time delivery and customer satisfaction. Employee engagement is high priority for unipart and is focused on throughout the year.
Pros
Great people, working hours, training, quality product
Cons
Jack of all trades, workload
It's a nice place to work if you like sitting behind a desk for 8 hours. I can't fault the staff, employees or job itself, the sitting down for a length of time just isn't my cup of tea.
Very good firm to work for. The projects are varied and not too complicated. A good bunch of guys to support you. A good working environment.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Unipart Rail?
Unipart Rail has allowed me to utilise all of my sales and managerial skills developed over many years in business.

To be an effect leader in the business you need the respect of all, it is important to be able to manage up as well as down but once accepted it is a great place to work. Developing strong compelling propositions for our customers and being in a position to support my staff and help them to broaden their knowledge and develop their account management capability is extremely rewarding.
Unipart rail has many good qualities regarding the engineering business.the work ethos & the involvement in the company.
Pros
the days work was challenging yet enjoyable.