Unipart Logistics Employee Reviews

Can be hectic.
Duty Controller (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire11 August 2019
Unipart is ideally located, only approximately 4 miles away from home. I start work at 05.45. I do 5x12 hour day shifts, Monday to Friday which can be tiring. I have learned a lot since being at Unipart. We are under new security management at the moment, I think they are the worst management I have never worked with, that's why I want to leave. The workplace culture is good here, some good people, some not. The hardest part of the job is working under this current security management. The most enjoyable part about the job is you learn something different everyday and you don't know what's going to happen day to day.
Pure Exploitation
Stock Controller (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton3 July 2019
Most of the staff on the lower levels are almost completely immigrant workers because basically very few English people would work that hard, doing unsociable hours for minimum wage. I stuck it out and made it into Stock Control. But after working their for months they just let me go without any warning. Just because there workflow had slowed down. They said they would be busy in 3 months time and I was welcome to come back then - I would rather participate in my own autopsy - Most workers are Temps and have no job security whatsoever. Basically a modern day sweatshop.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Work to death for minimum wage. Get ride of you when they get quite
Great opportunities but poor support
Witheld (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire28 May 2019
Unipart will give you lots of opportunity to move on and try new roles, but sadly they do not necessarily support you in the roles once you are there. More of a 'sink or swim' scenario.

Very limited internal training provided and almost no external training provided.

Great people that work there though and the company has a great ethos about it's people.

Very management heavy with divisions operating on their own, rather than in conjunction with the rest of the business, which creates a lot of red tape, and delays. Nothing happens quickly.

Senior management are also reluctant to take ownership of anything.
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Lack of support and training
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Coventry9 May 2019
Was a good company to work for but no full-time opportunities and with it being 20miles there and 20 miles back it cost me a lot in fuel money every week so it was not viable any longer on the wages I was getting paid.
good employer
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire8 May 2019
Good training and personal development opportunities. High standards of work expected. Innovative organisation with good working practices. Investors in People.
Not a nice place to work!
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Magna Park Lutterworth11 March 2019
1 Dealing with Apple scrap.
2 I learned how to dispose of hazardous waste materials.
3 The management tended to use bullying to get results.
4 I wasn’t aware of any workplace culture I got more support and guidance from other long serving non management employees than the team leaders or operations managers.
5 For me the hardest part of the job was working alone and having to deal with large heavy pallets of various scrap items.
6 The most enjoyable part of the job was having a laugh with other colleagues within the warehouse.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Out of date facilities and no hot food available
the cause of 3 years illness
inbound deliveries (Former Employee) –  baggington coventry1 March 2019
after working in the inbound department of the coventry unipart logistics group for 2 years doing all shifts as requested, staying late unpaid to make sure the next shift were setup ready etc etc the work load and staff management shortcomings caused me to devolope severe depression as a direct result of the job role, as a consiquence i lost my job. i stated i was not feeling well and explained the problmes, obviously had a doctors note but was called everyday (harrased) until they decided i was not suitable for employment and refused pay. rather than insiting legal actions i simply asked to be paid up to date but was reused. the most frustraiting part here being in the time i had off initially, i prepared a plan to enhanse the operations of the department plus associated sectors of the warehouse as i had inteded to return the next week. in summary the higher management are not the best to work for as they are clueless and the lower management use gistapo tacticks to control thier workers while taking cocaine, drinking alcohol and having time off as it suits them. i was bullied out of my job by certain individuals.
meanwhile 2 years later i have not been able to recover from the depression. thank you unipart for ruining and waisting 4 years of my life.
Pros
on site canteen that is closed to the 2nd shift. genius
Cons
poor management, poor working conditions, terrible pay, no future prospects, higher management related, a lot of non english speakers
Productive and well-run
Data Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton9 November 2018
I had a temporary contract covering maternity leave but it was a good enough experience that a full-time contract wouldn't have been a bad thing. Place was run like a well-oiled machine.
work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton28 August 2018
serving customers food and drink
taking food orders
staff friendly
help kitchen staff take food to customers
refill up stock that had been used during the day
10 ears ago cant remember
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lutterworth25 August 2018
it was 10 years ago since i worked there, dead end job and but atleast you knew it, good for young people just starting out but not really for somone with a family
Productive and good team environment
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire20 August 2018
Typical day always revolved around a team meeting and catch up to ensure everyone is on task.

Management took a keen interest in individual needs.

Gym, canteen and exercise classes on site.
Productive and reliable
ATL outbound (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 August 2018
A typical day as an ATL for unipart is i complete everyone task hours for inbound, outbound and also replen i then answer any emails about late delivery's or missing parts from dealers role cages i then get someone to count the location to see if the cycle counts match the amount with have with the stock team i also look at the photos that get taken of the roll cages to each cell and see if we can see the parts in the role cage and then we can either except it or reject the claim when we have the evidence i then provide people with pdas and then drop pick for them i complete the holiday tracker and complete the A3 daily figures gathering information from the end of days from each area of unipart as in replen and outbound i then pass the Dy's information to the staff in the daily team brief and answer any questions they have about the previous day i then complete any outstanding work that needs to be done or answer any emails from the client about parts and orders for x docks and referrals i think check the screens to make sure grief is all completed before i get my team of 5 to ship the cell then check to make sure its all shipped and loaded and cable tied before i realize it to xpo i then complete the same through to the 16 cells we have i then pass the information onto the person who ever stays to do the outbound end of day.

I've learned a lot in this job mainly as being made in to an ATL to pass on job work to my team and not try and do it all myself i have a fantastic team that i work with and i love that i get to train other dcos and make them into ATL i get a very proud
  more... moment when this happens.

Management team is very helpful here if i need any time of or more training i just have to ask as in first aid which now im a first aider to be trained on trucks to go and have a chance to work for different companies within unipart and see how they do things different and how i can apply some of them changes to my shift to improve or make it run more smoothly.
Pros
overtime and career ladder to clime
Cons
Stricted limitations with company
stuck in the 80s
manager (Current Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire2 August 2018
Unipart are stuck in there own ways of doing things they need to move with the times or they will end up getting left behind in the logistics world. great company if you want to develop you self and move up the chain
excellent service
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire24 July 2018
Was a busy atmosphere because the warehouse was so big with vehicles coming through regularly, was good team based tasks, but was only a 6 month contact
Good place, hard work, job satisfaction
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford25 May 2018
Good place, hard work, job satisfaction.
Opportunity for career development was good.
Good support from peers and company allowing the development you require
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire30 April 2018
typical day, meeting with colleagues and management to discuss daily tasks.
learned to work under pressure and achieved several certificates
such as nvq in BIT
hardest part of the job was to work under pressure to meet demands and kpi`s..
and the enjoyment was knowing we managed to be successful in doing our jobs to the standard required
Pros
secure job
Cons
n/a
Poor work culture, unfair management team
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire26 April 2018
Not strong on staff welfare, only concentrating on SLAs and KPIs. Unfair treatment.Forcing cross-training in other areas even if staff not comfortable with it. I didn't enjoy working for Capita. The culture was strict and the management were always putting pressure on staff. The job was boring and the company were completely disengaged with the staff.
Great place to start a career in management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire24 April 2018
Unipart provided training and accreditation programs, it was a great place to work and by embracing the Unipart Way many career opportunities within and outside of the company become available. I was fortunate have a supportive Management and HR Team
Pros
Excellent Training and Development for Team Leaders, Great teams to manage
Cons
Job Security
Unipart themself's are good to work for it was just hss, that this is were the problem lay.
Electrical Fitter for hss hire (Current Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire15 March 2018
Can be mundane and repetitive
Plenty of training to start with
Some management were good at hss / at Unipart
Good to be fare
Lack of spares needed for fitting
Having a problem with an item a diagnosing the problem then repairing
Pros
cheap cooked meal's in main canteen long walk thuogh.
Cons
no radio's or drink's in the warehouse short lunch brake.
Learnt so much
HR Apprentice / HR Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cowley, Oxfordshire27 February 2018
I learnt everything I knew at Unipart
I left school and got an apprenticeship with them and it was the best decision I ever made (instead of going to university)