Unilever Work-Life Balance reviews

Found 97 reviews matching the search See all 5,444 reviews
Good company that has lost it's way
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 October 2018
Job advancement extremely poor (unless you are a UFLP). People I worked with waited years before moving up to the next salary band - competitors pay considerably more for similar benefits. The company is very slow to react to trends which can make your job feel a bit pointless as innovations take years to come to market (by which point the trend has been and gone). If you don't fit in with the Unilever culture you won't last. Training is without doubt extremely poor, by far the worst I have ever experienced and as a result, a lot of new starts feel demotivated and unhappy with management. Management seem to have an 'us and them' mentality with regards to their staff - if they don't like the way you work or another manager does not like the way you work, you feel like people start to gang up on you behind closed doors. On the face of it, this is a great company but I would never recommend it to anyone. There has been a mass efflux of people in the past couple of years, with many moving to other companies for better salaries and to escape all of the politics that come with working for Unilever.
Pros
Flexi time is useful
Cons
Managers not always happy to let you take flexi time...
Productive and frendly work place
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Doncaster3 August 2018
DHL is a company that repacks products such as body spays, shower gels , shaving creams . At the time i worked there , my position was a liner leader, i had set up line every morning and look affter 20 people, the job was simple open product from the pallete and base them on working line ,the next task was pack them in to the specific boxes
Pros
clean canten
Cons
Great workplace, great colleagues ...
Documentation Manager / Technical Author (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight1 August 2018
I can't fault Unilever's ability to find great people to work with. With the odd exception, as you'd find anywhere, everyone was dedicated to their jobs and generally got on well.

Unilever must have been doing something right for me to want to go to work for over 6 years, without a single day wishing I could just stay in bed.

Management were okay.
Purpose and Sustainability 1st
SR. GLOBAL MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London31 July 2018
I have only worked here for a short time but it was refreshing to see how much Unilever cares about incorporating purpose and sustainability to every aspect of their company.
excellant company to work for
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  HAYES,SOUTHALL,ACTON,MANCHESTER,SURREY30 July 2018
Unilever look after their staff, the life work balance is good and salaries are very competitive.

The stand by their staff encouraging training and development
great place to work
Printing and Connectivity (Current Employee) –  Port Sunlight24 July 2018
great place to work, good work life balance and great sense of belonging to a collective group.

proactive people with a good moral compass and ethics
Pros
shares and health care benefits
Cons
tight deadlines
nurturing company
Business Systems Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Crawley1 July 2018
Great memories of being warmly welcomed, provided with top quality training, encouraged to provide current solutions and great that main focus was the company's factories and their staff, who were always welcoming and friendly. Happy times
Overall a good place to work
Sourcing Unit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 May 2018
I would highly recommend Unilever for the apprentice programmes, training opportunities and potential promotion particularly for engineering and management.
Pros
Free parking on site
Cons
Salary
Productive and Fun
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Essex8 May 2018
Good Job.
Typical day at work - lots of engineering
What you learn - lots about the factory and engineering
management - lovely
culture - really good
A good and secure environment
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey17 April 2018
Friendly environment, open to flexible work arrangements, a lot of opportunities to take initiatives, quite international environment, relative work life balance.
productive fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Sunlight10 April 2018
come into work and get on with my daily routine jobs, I usually have a catch up with my boss around 10am just to see whats going on and then I will carry on with the rest of my jobs
Pros
on site gym
Great company culture and global oportunities
R&D Portfolio & Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Colworth, UK19 March 2018
intensive work in an innovative and sustainably focused company
good people culture
local jobs becoming hard to get
in general lots of opportunities for high erformers and mobile people
Fun workplace with a lot of growing opportunities
Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  MY4 March 2018
Work life balance is very strong here and the company holds a very vibrant working culture with the countless events and activities held. However due to some internal changes, management was rather shaky after some point. Regardless, the time i was there, learning was constant and a lot of new things were experienced. Despite the changes in managers, work was still very much manageable and attainable.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
poor management
Extremely Enjoyable Workplace
R&D Local Deploy System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead25 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the Unilever UKI Leatherhead office. It has a really fun and contemporary work culture which promotes their sustainability goals & overall values as a company. My personal experience with management was very positive and I can only thank my line manager for her support and guidance. I found it quite difficult to get to grips with all company jargon, having never worked in a business office environment before. However, Unilever does provide a "Unilever Dictionary" on their website which helps with that! There's a fantastic canteen, gym, outdoor space and plenty of areas to work & hot-desk. I would highly recommend anybody to consider working for this company - you won't regret it.
Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mazeikiai7 February 2018
It's a great company with amazing people. The day went very fast. I got a lot of new stuff. The hardest part of the work was going to work at night, but I do not regret that I was working in a shift at night. The most fun part was packing the goods.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to start your career
Global assistant Brand Manager - Comfort (Current Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Great place to start your career. People oriented, with a lot of benefits on top of salary.
Highly recommended for who wants to have a career in Fast moving consumer goods.
good job bad hours
Palletiser / Operator / Warehouse / / Quality (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight1 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for unilever but the 12 hour shift patterns was changing and I decided to take early retirement now I have had 18 months in the relaxing iam looking forward to a little part time work
Great company to work for!
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Great company to work for! This company is proactive regarding health and safety and a good team environment. They provide excellent training and development for employees.
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Finance Business Partner31 January 2018
Fabulous role
Great company

They really cared about their staff
Staff shop
Freebie from time to time
Great developments
Training

Free drinks and ice cream
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
contract
interesting place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 January 2018
Interesting place to work with great colleagues.
I'm ready and hungry for a new challenge within sales and ready to show any employees how I can work both within a team or on my own to reach any sales target.
Pros
salary
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2