Unilever
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Unilever Employee Reviews

United Kingdom325 reviews
Varied experience from admin & laboratory to co-ordinator in almost 26 years working for Unilever. Lots of involvement in production and process areas gained.
Workplace is very nice but it depends on the team you are working now!
The team wasn't great to work with at all. I was in the Oral care category and it was really stressful with a team that did not make me feel welcomed at all. It took months to get to a position where I felt I could manage but wasn't comfortable.
That affected my work and I eventually had to resign cause they made it super difficult and kind of cornered me.
Too much bullying most off managment
Clique culture too many bosses .if not related to management you wont get anywhere .they treat temps like gods and permenent like dirt .only place i have worked where temps wages more then permenent workers .
Great Company
I contracted with Unilever for a number of months and can say that it's an incredible company to have worked with. Great culture with a genuine interest in their employees wellbeing, offering a good work/life balance.
Not the best
Poor management and lack of future prosperity. Well paid but no career satisfaction as growth not supported.

Must need a certain type of appearance in face to fit the picture great company to work for but very small minded management at the Trafford Park site
Pros
Salary
Cons
No future prospects
Challenging and satisfying work
Challenging and satisfying work, stakeholder management required, in-depth statistical knowledge for my work is required. High quality work is appreciated and due credit is given. However, the progression is a bit slow.
Excellent for team players
Lead yourself and your career, flexible working and great culture. Challenges include the size of the company and the number of stakeholders to work with.
Interesting and Productive
Operating under an IT Business Partner, I was able to get a lot of work done over the 2 weeks I spent there. They didn't hold back with the work and kept me busy and on my toes.
great & professional place to work
Great, professional Company, great people, excellent working environment.
Lots of training, useful reports which gives you a better picture of the business for each client, supportive people from all departments. Absolutely enjoyed it.
Fun place to work, lots of people and lots of fun
The management knows how to spoil their employees, the food is great, the environment is calm, the location is beautiful. The work is enjoyable yet accomplishing. A nice place to work
Fast paced, Pro-active, Interesting
Lots of white mail and emails to sort through lots of challenging scenarios, no day is the same constantly learning about products and
possible underline faults that may or may not occur, the work place culture is buzzing there always seems to be new updates on products

whether that would be a new range flavour packaging, difficulties will always present themselves during the course of your day just adapt and you overcome, i get a real buzz helping and creating a positive outcome for the person i am talking to its very cathartic.
A good, structured company.
Good teamwork and training. Employees were looked after with good safeguards in place.Very good Company Pension. Discounts available on Unilever products.
Supply Chain Analyst (contract)
Let go due to economic decision regarding Brexit. Fantastic colleagues, collaborative culture and relaxed dress code. Free Ben & Jerry's and staff shop has great products at discounted prices
Continuous moving goalposts, lack of reward and recognition.
After 21 years of faithful service, and recently celebrating 200 years to be shut down and made redundant in the name of profit, hard to understand as we always achieved goals the company set for us.
Worked for Unileer for 15 year's enjoyed it there but had a bad accident and left because I couldn't cope at the time but I regret leaving but if I had a chance to go back i would not think twice about going back
Loved every moment
I loved every moment during my internship. Everybody was a dream to work with, all one big happy family!
Every task I had I felt was achievable , felt proud that I could complete tasks before due dates and to a high standard.

Social aspect was lovely and Dress code matched the atmosphere of the office.

Networking was very successful also so will definitely be keeping relationships going with Unilever
A make-ends-meet job
Good for people who are looking to earn a bit of money, for example youngsters, but not for those seeking a career. The hours can be flexible but getting into a routine almost guarantees you full-time hours most weeks if that is what you're looking for.
Pros
Relatively simple work-load; friendly colleagues.
Cons
Not very mentally engaging, no prospects to advance your career, shift work so certain hours aren't ideal.
Great culture and work life balance, people are super friendly too
The work life balance is what separates Unilever from all other large corporations. People genuinely come first. For me personally this made me want to give the company 110% effort everyday. Encouraging work life balance and having a positive culture with friendly co-workers is what makes work life so much easier.
I recommend Unilever to everyone who asks me about the organization.
Excellent company to be part of
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for Unilever, colleagues were friendly and supportive. Management team also attentative. Overall good company to be part of.
Nice environment, friendly team
I have a contract role so not perfect. Would recommend though. Benefits for permanent employees are much greater. Maternity is 9 months full pay after 3 years of service.
Good job
L0t people injoyed working with good laugh very helpful. Manages hit an miss with the way they treated you, overall injoyed the time I was there. Shame it was only agency.