Unilever Employee Reviews

A good and secure environment
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey17 April 2018
Friendly environment, open to flexible work arrangements, a lot of opportunities to take initiatives, quite international environment, relative work life balance.
Productive and interesting work place
Work experience as a Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight12 April 2018
I enjoyed my weeks work experience, as I learnt lots of new skills. The management and staff were all very friendly and helped me understand how everything all fits together to keep the factory running.
productive fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Sunlight10 April 2018
come into work and get on with my daily routine jobs, I usually have a catch up with my boss around 10am just to see whats going on and then I will carry on with the rest of my jobs
Pros
on site gym
Great company culture and global oportunities
R&D Portfolio & Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Colworth, UK19 March 2018
intensive work in an innovative and sustainably focused company
good people culture
local jobs becoming hard to get
in general lots of opportunities for high erformers and mobile people
Fun workplace with a lot of growing opportunities
Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  MY4 March 2018
Work life balance is very strong here and the company holds a very vibrant working culture with the countless events and activities held. However due to some internal changes, management was rather shaky after some point. Regardless, the time i was there, learning was constant and a lot of new things were experienced. Despite the changes in managers, work was still very much manageable and attainable.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
poor management
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakistan3 March 2018
It was a great experience working in unilever. The managment and all the other staff was very helpful. It helpd me to gain confidence and also gave me experience.
Ethical and diverse
Global Programme Lead (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire2 March 2018
Developed the project plan to ensure targets and deliverable were delivered on time.
Delivered workshops with the Global Leadership team to ensure clarity and understanding for recruitment and selection.
Identified skill gaps in external recruitment vendors, and implemented solutions to avoid delays to the programme.
Supported, Up Skilled and provided solutions to internal recruitment teams to ensure the recruitment targets were achieved.

Developed, established strong relationships with both external vendors, Directors, Line managers and team members.
Implemented, delivered and designed assessment centres to assist directors in ensuring their targets exceeded original timelines.

Involved in redundancies discussions and communicating this out to the workforce.
Being part of a Global organisation and working in a truly diverse culture,
Extremely Enjoyable Workplace
R&D Local Deploy System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead25 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the Unilever UKI Leatherhead office. It has a really fun and contemporary work culture which promotes their sustainability goals & overall values as a company. My personal experience with management was very positive and I can only thank my line manager for her support and guidance. I found it quite difficult to get to grips with all company jargon, having never worked in a business office environment before. However, Unilever does provide a "Unilever Dictionary" on their website which helps with that! There's a fantastic canteen, gym, outdoor space and plenty of areas to work & hot-desk. I would highly recommend anybody to consider working for this company - you won't regret it.
sale rapresentative
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio19 February 2018
upselling, communication, strategic prospecting, product knowledge, self employed with his own car, areas of jurisdiction city of Salerno and Naples..
Same as an other Office workplace
Pension Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham10 February 2018
Unilever was supposed to be a new challenge, with it being a proper pension scheme and not the FAS or PPF. The training was good, but because we took over the administration from another company, we were immediately on the back foot playing catch up on the backlog. We have been playing catch up ever since 01/11/2017 and we rarely geta member calling for details on his/her pension, its just call after call on people chasing us up on why they haven't been paid, why they haven't had their CETV, why does my overseas relative get charged a haling fee.....its just a constant battle trying to appease angry members.
Pros
Good Team of People and 1 day off a week
Cons
Always on the backfoot playing catch up
Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mazeikiai7 February 2018
It's a great company with amazing people. The day went very fast. I got a lot of new stuff. The hardest part of the work was going to work at night, but I do not regret that I was working in a shift at night. The most fun part was packing the goods.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to start your career
Global assistant Brand Manager - Comfort (Current Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Great place to start your career. People oriented, with a lot of benefits on top of salary.
Highly recommended for who wants to have a career in Fast moving consumer goods.
pot noodles
Machine Operative (Former Employee) –  Newbridge2 February 2018
i worked there for 5 years ! not much i can say really about the place , hot dusty boring , but the work was easy and the money was very good , management not so good !
Pros
good pay
Cons
hot and very dusty
good job bad hours
Palletiser / Operator / Warehouse / / Quality (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight1 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for unilever but the 12 hour shift patterns was changing and I decided to take early retirement now I have had 18 months in the relaxing iam looking forward to a little part time work
Great company to work for!
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Great company to work for! This company is proactive regarding health and safety and a good team environment. They provide excellent training and development for employees.
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Finance Business Partner31 January 2018
Fabulous role
Great company

They really cared about their staff
Staff shop
Freebie from time to time
Great developments
Training

Free drinks and ice cream
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
contract
Packaging of deodorants
Truck Driver, scanning pallets. (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 January 2018
Sending the product, wrapping the pallet with the machine, scanning the product sent and arriving at the warehouse, writing down and checking the codes before sending.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Longer hours
interesting place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 January 2018
Interesting place to work with great colleagues.
I'm ready and hungry for a new challenge within sales and ready to show any employees how I can work both within a team or on my own to reach any sales target.
Pros
salary
Cons
Very productive, but difficult to work with team-mates
MARKET INTELLIGENCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
They have and use market data at its best and to the maximum capacity which make the company absolutely outstanding. They know how to listen to shoppers and it makes the company highly competitive.
Pros
listens to the market needs
Cons
difficult communication
Solid base to my skill
Craft Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 January 2018
Served my time here and learned a lot with the large cross section of skill sets employed there and this has served me well throughout my career so far
Pros
Training
Cons
Closure of the plant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2