Unilever Employee Reviews

A good and secure environment
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey17 April 2018
Friendly environment, open to flexible work arrangements, a lot of opportunities to take initiatives, quite international environment, relative work life balance.
Great company culture and global oportunities
R&D Portfolio & Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Colworth, UK19 March 2018
intensive work in an innovative and sustainably focused company
good people culture
local jobs becoming hard to get
in general lots of opportunities for high erformers and mobile people
Fun workplace with a lot of growing opportunities
Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  MY4 March 2018
Work life balance is very strong here and the company holds a very vibrant working culture with the countless events and activities held. However due to some internal changes, management was rather shaky after some point. Regardless, the time i was there, learning was constant and a lot of new things were experienced. Despite the changes in managers, work was still very much manageable and attainable.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
poor management
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakistan3 March 2018
It was a great experience working in unilever. The managment and all the other staff was very helpful. It helpd me to gain confidence and also gave me experience.
Ethical and diverse
Global Programme Lead (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire2 March 2018
Developed the project plan to ensure targets and deliverable were delivered on time.
Delivered workshops with the Global Leadership team to ensure clarity and understanding for recruitment and selection.
Identified skill gaps in external recruitment vendors, and implemented solutions to avoid delays to the programme.
Supported, Up Skilled and provided solutions to internal recruitment teams to ensure the recruitment targets were achieved.

Developed, established strong relationships with both external vendors, Directors, Line managers and team members.
Implemented, delivered and designed assessment centres to assist directors in ensuring their targets exceeded original timelines.

Involved in redundancies discussions and communicating this out to the workforce.
Being part of a Global organisation and working in a truly diverse culture,
sale rapresentative
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio19 February 2018
upselling, communication, strategic prospecting, product knowledge, self employed with his own car, areas of jurisdiction city of Salerno and Naples..
Same as an other Office workplace
Pension Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlington, Durham10 February 2018
Unilever was supposed to be a new challenge, with it being a proper pension scheme and not the FAS or PPF. The training was good, but because we took over the administration from another company, we were immediately on the back foot playing catch up on the backlog. We have been playing catch up ever since 01/11/2017 and we rarely geta member calling for details on his/her pension, its just call after call on people chasing us up on why they haven't been paid, why they haven't had their CETV, why does my overseas relative get charged a haling fee.....its just a constant battle trying to appease angry members.
Pros
Good Team of People and 1 day off a week
Cons
Always on the backfoot playing catch up
Fun workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mazeikiai7 February 2018
It's a great company with amazing people. The day went very fast. I got a lot of new stuff. The hardest part of the work was going to work at night, but I do not regret that I was working in a shift at night. The most fun part was packing the goods.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Great place to start your career
Global assistant Brand Manager - Comfort (Current Employee) –  London4 February 2018
Great place to start your career. People oriented, with a lot of benefits on top of salary.
Highly recommended for who wants to have a career in Fast moving consumer goods.
good job bad hours
Palletiser / Operator / Warehouse / / Quality (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight1 February 2018
I really enjoyed working for unilever but the 12 hour shift patterns was changing and I decided to take early retirement now I have had 18 months in the relaxing iam looking forward to a little part time work

Want to know more about Unilever?

Ask a question
Great company to work for!
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester1 February 2018
Great company to work for! This company is proactive regarding health and safety and a good team environment. They provide excellent training and development for employees.
Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Finance Business Partner31 January 2018
Fabulous role
Great company

They really cared about their staff
Staff shop
Freebie from time to time
Great developments
Training

Free drinks and ice cream
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
contract
interesting place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear23 January 2018
Interesting place to work with great colleagues.
I'm ready and hungry for a new challenge within sales and ready to show any employees how I can work both within a team or on my own to reach any sales target.
Pros
salary
Cons
Very productive, but difficult to work with team-mates
MARKET INTELLIGENCE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  London16 January 2018
They have and use market data at its best and to the maximum capacity which make the company absolutely outstanding. They know how to listen to shoppers and it makes the company highly competitive.
Pros
listens to the market needs
Cons
difficult communication
Solid base to my skill
Craft Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 January 2018
Served my time here and learned a lot with the large cross section of skill sets employed there and this has served me well throughout my career so far
Pros
Training
Cons
Closure of the plant
Positive and enjoyable environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsunlight16 December 2017
Really inspiring place to work- real people with progression routes! I enjoyed working with the various teams at Unilever- the people are real and have a truly inspiring work life balance.
work experiance
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Battersea15 December 2017
Work experience with Unilever was great they will me with new things to learn in a business and new tasks came along each day and they were easy going tasks as well as challenges.
Fun and professional
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead14 December 2017
Unilever was a very professional workplace with a lot to offer. i got to experience what every day life would be like for the graphic designers. Everyone was really friendly and treated me as part of the team.
Pros
Offers on all products
Cons
Long drive
1st contract JOB
Consultant - Global Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
1st contract JOB with Unilever and very happy with the company culture and work life balance and pay. Excellent management and very friendly collegues.
Pros
work from home policy
Cons
Furlough period for contractors in December- 2 to 3 weeks forced leave
Great brands, some great colleagues and overall a positive experience
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey14 November 2017
No two days were the same during my time at Unilever which meant work was extremely varied, challenging and exciting at times. There was a real need to be agile in a fast-paced environment, but the culture was professional and friendly and there was a lot of talent in the building from whom you could learn from if you took the time. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is fantastic as it enables you to understand the positive differences their household brands can make to people's lives in addition to driving sustainable growth and profits for the company. I would recommend Unilever as a place to work.
Pros
Agile working, staff shop, super office, brilliant brands, strong on sustainability
Cons
Constant change can lead to lack of stability; need to push for own career advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2