Unilever Employee Reviews

Solid base to my skill
Craft Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire5 January 2018
Served my time here and learned a lot with the large cross section of skill sets employed there and this has served me well throughout my career so far
Pros
Training
Cons
Closure of the plant
Positive and enjoyable environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Portsunlight16 December 2017
Really inspiring place to work- real people with progression routes! I enjoyed working with the various teams at Unilever- the people are real and have a truly inspiring work life balance.
work experiance
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Battersea15 December 2017
Work experience with Unilever was great they will me with new things to learn in a business and new tasks came along each day and they were easy going tasks as well as challenges.
Fun and professional
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead14 December 2017
Unilever was a very professional workplace with a lot to offer. i got to experience what every day life would be like for the graphic designers. Everyone was really friendly and treated me as part of the team.
Pros
Offers on all products
Cons
Long drive
1st contract JOB
Consultant - Global Implementation Lead (Current Employee) –  London27 November 2017
1st contract JOB with Unilever and very happy with the company culture and work life balance and pay. Excellent management and very friendly collegues.
Pros
work from home policy
Cons
Furlough period for contractors in December- 2 to 3 weeks forced leave
Great brands, some great colleagues and overall a positive experience
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey14 November 2017
No two days were the same during my time at Unilever which meant work was extremely varied, challenging and exciting at times. There was a real need to be agile in a fast-paced environment, but the culture was professional and friendly and there was a lot of talent in the building from whom you could learn from if you took the time. The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan is fantastic as it enables you to understand the positive differences their household brands can make to people's lives in addition to driving sustainable growth and profits for the company. I would recommend Unilever as a place to work.
Pros
Agile working, staff shop, super office, brilliant brands, strong on sustainability
Cons
Constant change can lead to lack of stability; need to push for own career advancement.
Interesting company to work for
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London13 November 2017
Unilever is more than just an FMCG company with their focus on Sustainability, which is part of every function, especially communications and it makes it interesting when reviewing projects with this view
Overly bureaucratic
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight10 November 2017
Decision making is slow and managers insufficiently empowered. Work programme is self-determined. Option to work from home is a plus. Collaboration and team working has deteriorated in recent years.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Budget
Great FMCG Company
Group Financial Controller and Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  North Africa & Middle East31 October 2017
They are very supportive for talents and promoting new ideas, they are continuously enhancing their support functions and improving the way they do business.
Clean safe and happy place to work
Quality Packaging Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wirral19 October 2017
During a typical day at Unilever I would Inspect up to 10 pallets of product looking for leaking bottles then return the pallets to the warehouse. Any leaking bottles I found I would take to the lab clean and inspect, the root cause of the leak would then be recorded and reported to the management. As my background experience contains a variety of lab work there was not much for me to learn although I did learn how to use a pallet truck. The management team were all very friendly and approachable. The operators on the factory floor were well mannered and the banter was always present but never rude, a good team working environment. For me the hardest part of the job was leaving when the bottle leak problem had been solved. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the Scientists on bottle trials, this gave me the opportunity to use my problem solving skills.
Pros
Clean and safe
Cons
Constant factory noise and very hot in Summer
Great experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 October 2017
Share Information and idea to help develop marketing strategy. I found this is the great opportunity to show an ideas and shared the experience from the real user of this product.
A constantly changing environment
National account manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based26 September 2017
There is no typical day. I learned huge amounts during my time with Unilever and had some brilliant working relationships with both line and senior management. The workplace culture is constantly evolving.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Worklife balance
Good secure place with good benefits
Key Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bahrain24 September 2017
Company itself is very good in terms of job security and benefits. However advancement in the company is slow and a lot of decisions are taken by management without any involvement of the team. This is however not true for management in all the countries that the company operates in.
Senior Producer and Global Head (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 September 2017
Promotes agile working. Great work/life balance. Two days are never the same. Can be your own boss, have your say and make a difference. Your voice is valued.
Pros
Agile working.
Cons
Quiet atmosphere at times.
Friendly Workplace
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 September 2017
A great place to work. I was only there on a temporary summer studentship but found everyone I came across to be approachable and friendly whilst remaining professional.
Great job with wonderful people
Formulation Chemist (Former Employee) –  Leeds13 September 2017
Lots of room to advance in the business aspect with lots of support from managers. The best thing is the people, a really great group that promotes happy and healthy work.
Fun workplace
Global Digital Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London7 September 2017
- Exciting projects
- Learnt so much about brand marketing
- Workplace culture, very flexible and accommodating to personal needs
- UL shop great to have access to!
Fun and family like environment
ABM (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 September 2017
Very good working atmosphere and fantastic brands to work on all surrounded by a strongely engrained purpose to build a sustainable planent and business
still as good as when i first joined
materials operator (Former Employee) –  traffor park21 August 2017
a typical day at work starts as soon as I clock in checking e-mails to unloading wagons full of materials to servicing the factory floor and the checking of the right materials for the right machine
productive fun workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  lodon road purfleet18 August 2017
great experience working for one of the biggest FMGC in the world using WCM in our day to day operations. Had the opportunity to train in other areas of the business.
Pros
discount in staff shop
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2