Unilever Employee Reviews

Dynamic Office.
TRS Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London1 August 2018
Very friendly team who support each other and work very well as a team communicating excellently within a local and global team. Enjoyed working with such a varied team!
Great workplace, great colleagues ...
Documentation Manager / Technical Author (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight1 August 2018
I can't fault Unilever's ability to find great people to work with. With the odd exception, as you'd find anywhere, everyone was dedicated to their jobs and generally got on well.

Unilever must have been doing something right for me to want to go to work for over 6 years, without a single day wishing I could just stay in bed.

Management were okay.
Purpose and Sustainability 1st
SR. GLOBAL MARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  London31 July 2018
I have only worked here for a short time but it was refreshing to see how much Unilever cares about incorporating purpose and sustainability to every aspect of their company.
excellant company to work for
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  HAYES,SOUTHALL,ACTON,MANCHESTER,SURREY30 July 2018
Unilever look after their staff, the life work balance is good and salaries are very competitive.

The stand by their staff encouraging training and development
Nice environment to work with lots of stress
Product Technology Leader (Current Employee) –  Gloucester25 July 2018
Unilever made the great, fantastic name long time ago unfortunately management changed and all good and positive ambitions will soon disappear as soon as you will start working with that new management who involving all “news” without even considering there is an years of experiencing staff with lots of practical feedback , anyway : even it does take a long process and time and effort to get back the good name, it’s still nice place to work with lots of helpful and smile colleagues and benefits , good luck
Pros
Colleagues, benefits
great place to work
Printing and Connectivity (Current Employee) –  Port Sunlight24 July 2018
great place to work, good work life balance and great sense of belonging to a collective group.

proactive people with a good moral compass and ethics
Pros
shares and health care benefits
Cons
tight deadlines
nurturing company
Business Systems Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Crawley1 July 2018
Great memories of being warmly welcomed, provided with top quality training, encouraged to provide current solutions and great that main focus was the company's factories and their staff, who were always welcoming and friendly. Happy times
One of the best companies I can think of
Head Office Team Secretary (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Central and Westminster23 June 2018
Beautiful award-winning designed office, Perfectly appointed on the river. The culture in Unilever was always about teamwork, and wellbeing as well as getting results.

The most difficult part of the job would be the sheer diversity of types of people involved and how to maintain a cohesive team.
Pros
subsidised lunches, beautiful offices
Cons
large teams to work for
Reliable and trustworthy team
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Slough Trading Estate, Berkshire5 June 2018
Managment team was a reliable team and very understanding. Especially, when it came to personal issues. The warehousing team was fun and made work enjoyable and wanted me to stay with the company for such a long time.
Pros
Amazing salary
Overall a good place to work
Sourcing Unit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leeds30 May 2018
I would highly recommend Unilever for the apprentice programmes, training opportunities and potential promotion particularly for engineering and management.
Pros
Free parking on site
Cons
Salary
Productive and Fun
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Essex8 May 2018
Good Job.
Typical day at work - lots of engineering
What you learn - lots about the factory and engineering
management - lovely
culture - really good
A good and secure environment
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Leatherhead, Surrey17 April 2018
Friendly environment, open to flexible work arrangements, a lot of opportunities to take initiatives, quite international environment, relative work life balance.
Productive and interesting work place
Work experience as a Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Port Sunlight12 April 2018
I enjoyed my weeks work experience, as I learnt lots of new skills. The management and staff were all very friendly and helped me understand how everything all fits together to keep the factory running.
productive fun workplace
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Sunlight10 April 2018
come into work and get on with my daily routine jobs, I usually have a catch up with my boss around 10am just to see whats going on and then I will carry on with the rest of my jobs
Pros
on site gym
Great company culture and global oportunities
R&D Portfolio & Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Colworth, UK19 March 2018
intensive work in an innovative and sustainably focused company
good people culture
local jobs becoming hard to get
in general lots of opportunities for high erformers and mobile people
Fun workplace with a lot of growing opportunities
Finance Executive (Former Employee) –  MY4 March 2018
Work life balance is very strong here and the company holds a very vibrant working culture with the countless events and activities held. However due to some internal changes, management was rather shaky after some point. Regardless, the time i was there, learning was constant and a lot of new things were experienced. Despite the changes in managers, work was still very much manageable and attainable.
Pros
staff discounts
Cons
poor management
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pakistan3 March 2018
It was a great experience working in unilever. The managment and all the other staff was very helpful. It helpd me to gain confidence and also gave me experience.
Ethical and diverse
Global Programme Lead (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire2 March 2018
Developed the project plan to ensure targets and deliverable were delivered on time.
Delivered workshops with the Global Leadership team to ensure clarity and understanding for recruitment and selection.
Identified skill gaps in external recruitment vendors, and implemented solutions to avoid delays to the programme.
Supported, Up Skilled and provided solutions to internal recruitment teams to ensure the recruitment targets were achieved.

Developed, established strong relationships with both external vendors, Directors, Line managers and team members.
Implemented, delivered and designed assessment centres to assist directors in ensuring their targets exceeded original timelines.

Involved in redundancies discussions and communicating this out to the workforce.
Being part of a Global organisation and working in a truly diverse culture,
Extremely Enjoyable Workplace
R&D Local Deploy System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead25 February 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at the Unilever UKI Leatherhead office. It has a really fun and contemporary work culture which promotes their sustainability goals & overall values as a company. My personal experience with management was very positive and I can only thank my line manager for her support and guidance. I found it quite difficult to get to grips with all company jargon, having never worked in a business office environment before. However, Unilever does provide a "Unilever Dictionary" on their website which helps with that! There's a fantastic canteen, gym, outdoor space and plenty of areas to work & hot-desk. I would highly recommend anybody to consider working for this company - you won't regret it.
sale rapresentative
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Roma, Lazio19 February 2018
upselling, communication, strategic prospecting, product knowledge, self employed with his own car, areas of jurisdiction city of Salerno and Naples..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Unilever. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2