ULSTER BANK Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment
Telephony Customer Service representative (Former Employee) –  Belfast31 July 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed working with ulster bank. The work environment was safe and comfortable. Everyone was very welcoming and approachable, especially the management.
Good work enviroment however hard to progress
Mortgage Project Case Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim26 July 2019
A good company to work for in general with a lot of basic positives such as management as friendly and helpful however salaries are below the average for the roles and opportunities to progress to higher roles are extremely limited
call centre
Call Centre Adviser (Inbound) (Former Employee) –  belfast14 May 2019
It was a call centre. Environment was fine other staff were grand, Good canteen. Customers a bit more difficult as they always a bit more protective due to their money being involved.
Doesn't practice what they preach
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh9 May 2019
OK if your face fits, or meet targets, or are friends with management or part of a clique, you can pretty much get away with anything. However if you are struggling, or don't get on with management - good luck.

I was bullied in this place, and wasn't appreciated in my job. I did the right thing for the customer, and abided by the company values, but that didn't stop me from being reprimanded and being put on an improvement plan.

Also was disciplined by management for refusing to "double wrap" (that is - finishing your first call, then taking a second call, and typing up your call wraps later - to me a massive risk to the business, but management don't see it that way.)

Now have a high attrition rate in their call centres, and the different call centres/departments/sites don't speak to each other well, they don't take ownership, and have a "not my problem" culture.
Pros
good overtime rates
Cons
stressful, bullying, toxic
Good culture
Director, Business Banking (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim30 January 2019
Undergoing restructure,
Good working environment and always looks after its staff. Has faced a number of changes but overall an enjoyable place to work.
Productive place to work
Mortgage Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coleraine District, County Londonderry22 January 2019
I enjoyed working for this company for almost 11 years.
I loved the interaction with the public and made some amazing friends over the years.

I enjoyed the challenges and the job satisfaction I got from helping my customers with their financial requirements.

One aspect I thoroughly enjoyed was that feeling when you called a first time buyer ,to tell them there mortgage was approved and they were one step closer to getting onto the property ladder.
Retail Banking
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ballynahinch21 October 2018
Enjoyed my time with Ulster Bank. At the time we had an amazing team and worked well together. I was truly glad at the time for the opportunity to work for such an excellent organization
Brilliant Time.
teller (Current Employee) –  Lisnaskea18 October 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for Ulster Bank. Provided me with many skills that will enhance my working life. Provided me with excellent customer service that i will carry with me through every job i do.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No permanent contracts
Dwindling Presence
Business Support Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Belfast5 October 2018
Banks are a dwindling retail presence, with more and more pushed to the online banking route. This reduces staffing levels and job security. Call centres are the bank of the future and are like battery chicken farm.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Job security and job diversity
n/a
CM (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 October 2018
a typical day involved working a wide variety of tasks
can be presured environment at times but there was a lot of staff engagement and was generally an ok place to work
Can be a fun place to work
Associate Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Belfast7 August 2018
A very changed atmosphere in branches due to lack of staff and opportunities. I think the most enjoyable part is my team or helping our customers meet their needs.
Pros
Generally a good team to work with
Cons
Lack of staff
Very good
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim12 June 2018
Very good place to work for and staff are al very friendly. Good that there is a canteen that has a wide variety of food especially picky eaters. Always a lot of interaction between you and your manager.
Great team work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Larne/Monkstown/Ballyclare7 June 2018
Most enjoyable dealing with the challenges working with the public can bring, I learned what great customer service can do. I loved working with money and foreign currencies. Great management, unfortunately branch closures ruining what would perhaps otherwise have been a lifetime career.
Pros
working hours 9am-5pm
Cons
As above regarding branch closures
Decent job, poor structure
Flex Agent (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Waverley Station, City of Edinburgh17 February 2018
When I started, it was a vibrant and fun atmosphere, but over the course of time, all the fun perks of the job had been eliminated. Management did not have appropriate time for their teams as they were being dragged all over the shop. Hard to get things done in that environment.
High pace deadline driven environment
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Belfast City Centre, County Antrim5 February 2018
Constanting evolving business in which the employees were becoming less unsure as to what their purpose was...i.e. to put the customer first by getting the job.done efficiently and effectively or to focus on all the added extras such as job improvement ideas to fulfil the senior management targets
Pros
Salary and pension
Cons
Work life balance
Educating
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lisburn, County Down18 January 2018
The time that I spent at ulster bank gave a great understanding of how full-time work is and what sort of things you will be doing over a 40 hour period per week. It also helped me to understand what I want to be in the future better.
Productive and fun workplace.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Limavady, County Londonderry27 September 2017
Great place to work, brilliant people to work along with. Great work ethic. Work very well with customers, give reliable salary. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting involved with other work colleagues.
Customer focussed bank
Bank staff (Former Employee) –  Belfast8 August 2017
Large organisation, innovative and customer focussed. Good opportunities to move within the organisation to gain experience of all aspects of banking.
no job security
Debt Recovery Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast17 July 2017
Over all have gained great knowledge of general banking and customer service.
Have gained great skills such as management and organisational skills.
Pros
flexible working (working from home)
Cons
No job Security
Underpaid, over worked
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim9 July 2017
Management are concerned about two things, Mortgages and Loans.... they have no concern for the well being of staff and even if KPIs are met they will still want more.
Pros
Meeting new people due to high staff turnover
Cons
over worked, under paid, stressful