UKG Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
UKG Care selected this as a representative review
Admin (Current Employee) –  Havant6 November 2019
I enjoy working for UKG Care. I feel supported and when an issue arises it is dealt with quickly and professionally. With the company's support I've completed several training courses and advanced within the company. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend UKG not only as an employer but to prospective clients as well.
Enjoy working here.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire6 November 2019
I like how we have our own care runs so I know what my weekly schedule is. It only changes if another member is off or on annual leave but the office staff will let you know.
First company I have been too where training is high on their list.
Fair and provide good training
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire16 September 2019
I’ve worked here for nearly 4 years (16 years in Care) and have always been happy with the company. They are fair and have always sorted out any issues, and they always manage to give me the 30 hours a week that I’ve asked for.

I enjoy working in the community and find working with the clients rewarding. The company provides good training.
Pros
Treat staff fairly, will resolve issues if they know about them, employ lots of really good care staff.
Cons
They don't pay for travel time, so if you count the time between care visits, it feels like you do more hours than you get paid for.
Horrible company
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire16 September 2019
Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work here. The atmosphere is awful, your pressured to work 24/7 and don’t get a Thankyou. If something doesn’t go the way the office want they make your life difficult . They send you all over. You pay to work because they don’t cover the fuel costs at all. They say it’s £9.25 but it’s half of that for a half hour client which is majority of them. Paying below minimum wage. Owners are no where to be seen
I love it.
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hampshire11 September 2019
I have worked in the care industry for many years and this is by far my favourite!! It makes such a difference knowing that office staff are always there to support you and are never shy to lend a hand if needed - makes a change from previous companies!
Awful place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire5 September 2019
The company is an absolute mess. No staff, overtime is an everyday thing! The office staff don’t care about your life or any issues you have, it’s all about pressure for overtime. The money is absolutely awful after you work out that travel time and 7 hour breaks in the day aren’t paid for! Could work everyday for this company and there would still be no thank you given. The company have no staff for the reason due to the way the treat them and that’s why I do not recommend working for this company.
They don't care about your personal life.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Langstone, Hampshire4 September 2019
Worst company I have ever worked for, no regard for work life balance, repeatedly asked to pick up extra shifts even when you've told them you can't help. Very little support during difficult times, often penalised for problems out of our control. They want you to work 7 days a week, 7am-10pm and rarely get thanked for it when you do help out. Not enough travel time, and only paid for the time you are with each client, not the whole shift.
Happy, positive work place
Senior coordinator (Current Employee) –  Havant, Hampshire4 September 2019
I had never worked in Care, and I was very nervous about the role, I had no reason to be, the whole team made me feel welcome and appreciated for my work. The progression opportunities are great. There is a real team feeling and everyone one is friendly and approachable.