UK Shared Business Services

UK Shared Business Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews
Everyone is friendly, you can talk to anyone no matter what level. Good training opportunities, lots of training course to pick from. Good work and home life balance.
If your face fits. Lottery of which team/manager you are assigned. Good flex benefits and parking, canteen, on site gym. Colleagues are great but issues at higher levels.
Awful. They lie to people. If we all go for an interview we all get call back to say we all came second.

I suppose it's a nice way to get rid of people without really telling them the truth.

There is no inclusion and diversity, it has all become something that every company says they do or look forward to start doing in this 21st nearly 22nd century.

Yet they don't do something so simple and easy. We still have a long way to go.
Pros
nice place
Cons
No inclusion and diversity
Great working environment in modern surroundings and great food and drink facilities with a subsidised costa coffee.

Easy walking location to town centre and train station.

Good work/life balance.

Excellent benefits with good holiday entitlement and gym discount.
Pros
Holiday entitlement is great
Cons
Public sector salaries
I've worked for UK SBS for a considerable period of time and really enjoy it.

The work life balance is just right, there is a great team spirit, everyone has a can do attitude.

The role itself can be challenging but equally rewarding.

There's an exciting roadmap ahead for us and would happily recommend UK SBS as an employer of choice.
Pros
good annual leave entitlement, close to town
Cons
parking can be an issue
Great place to work, good work life balance.
Everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is great.

Nice building which is in a great central location

Amazing holiday allowance - starts at 28 days, excluding bank holidays!
Pros
Holiday entitlement, friendly, nice atmosphere
I spent a little over a year at this company and despite there being some good staff there, the company was disorganised, slow, and lacked consistent direction.
It's a job.... That's about the best I can say. No career progression, no longer invest in staff training, ineffectual management and low staff moral.
UK SBS is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for you to develop at your own pace. Flexible working hours in most departments. Good fun while you work.
You will not be able to progress within UK SBS as they are focused on figures. You will not be able to apply for internal jobs as you will be restricted by management. The work culture deflates you and you will not be able to focus on your own career progression as there is no support from managers. The issue with UK SBS is resources, mainly focusing on staff.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
no support from management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at UK Shared Business Services?
Job was decent. Normal job day would start at 5am and finish around the afternoon. I developed many skills and attributes which have made me become better at what I do now.
Pros
Flexible working

Not a sweat shop

Free parking

Friendly staff who are always willing to help and support

Easy to get to on public transport

Plenty of training offered including soft transferable skills

Cons

Salary - but balanced with work like balance is OK

Work can be a bit monotonous
Pros
Flexibity and fair
Cons
all staff start ont he same salary
Employ you on an open ended contract so can get rid of you at any time. Management are an absolute joke and you're kept in the dark. Salary isn't the best but isn't the worst either. I wouldn't recommend working for this company to my worst enemy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Management, no job security, redundancies are very common
UK SBS provides shared services (HR Pay Finance procurement ) to many research councils and parts of BEIS. It is a well run and friendly organisation providing a good service to their customers. Historically the organisation has had challenges that seem to have been turned around. However the future is unclear as high level reorganisations and changes of strategy perhaps mean the organisation will not last very much longer.
Pros
Nice place to work with plenty of support and good behaviours
Cons
very unclear what the future will be
There is a culture of 'face fits' within the company. Unfortunately, most of the people are amazing but the few that have power can make life miserable. Flexible working and Pension only attraction and is how UK SBS retain its staff. Otherwise I am sure many of the employees would leave.
Pros
Flexitime, Pension
Cons
Power Hungry, Ruthless Management
It was an intense experience, working for high-level programme directors and programme managers to rationalise the company footprint - reducing unused office space and making the space available work for the partner organisations.
Working at the Research Council was very enjoyable, I made lots of friends, everybody was very helpful and friendly and seemed like you have to be a nice person to work at the Research Council.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Parking
Team members are supportive
Flexi time is useful. A good age mix of team members,

Leave is good , pay is reasonable.

A good record of charity support
Pros
flexi time
Cons
can be boring
The company has flexi working option, so there is no rush to reach office early in the morning, another best thing is you can work from home when ever you need. Good busy stress less days most of the month. Good co-workers and team time outs. I don't see any hard part in my job , I believe if you are skilled and commitment to work then there is no hard part in job. Management is good and helping. I have learned lots of new skills here.
Great place to work. Learnt a lot from everyone.
All employees were ever helpful.
A typical day at work is very enjoyable at UK SBS. Co-workers are brilliant and the day goes very quickly.

The cons about the company are its poor high level management, that keeps workers kept in the dark and no training budget.
Pros
Excellent benefit and holiday packages
Cons
Poor high level management (workers kept in the dark)
Ask a question about working or interviewing at UK Shared Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8